5.0 out of 5 stars Just so well done - it will last for years
I was allowed to purchase this once it was available on condition I waited until December to listen; which only seems appropriate. I am glad I have waited; so much better to hear this wonderful CD in the approach to Christmas. I have played it a few times so far and its getting better with each listen. Just two songs that are familiar to me but all the others are so...
Published 17 months ago by Xris

2.0 out of 5 stars A mixed bag
I love Nick Lowe. His five albums from The Impossible Bird to The Old Magic make up an extraordinary body of work. I am not alone in believing that this amazing run of albums established Lowe in the upper echelons of British song writers and performers.

I think Quality Street is a mixed bag of sweets. Christmas at the Airport is one of the only two Lowe...
Published 15 months ago by Reader from London

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy wonderful Christmas album..., 19 Dec. 2014
This review is from: Quality Street - A Seasonal Selection For All The Family (Audio CD)
I have quite a few Christmas albums of varying types, but this is currently my favourite. It is happy and quirky, beautifully played, and always puts me in a good mood when I've listened to it. I even find myself humming some of the tunes when it's not playing, which is quite something for a CD of non-traditional Christmas music.
There are guitars, harmonies, a theramin and an organ amongst other fab things, and the versions of Silent Night and I Wish It could Be Christmas Every Day are swinging and fun!
Have a listen and make your Christmas happier today!

4.0 out of 5 stars Merry Nickmas., 26 Jan. 2015
mariopops "Andy Rogers" (SOLIHULL, WEST MIDLANDS United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
As a fan of Nick Lowe I had to buy this ! A strange mix of tracks to be fair but all have that curious laid-back retro feel I like in his music. my only niggle is that the sound quality (on my download anyway) is not that great , as if it was recorded in a hurry(?) and on several occasions the sound of the organ is quite distorted - maybe that was deliberate though, who knows. Not a 5-star album (sadly) but if you like Nick Lowe and you want a change from The Pogues, Wizzard and Slade every year you could do worse than get this.

4.0 out of 5 stars a different seasonal album, 21 Jan. 2014
Always like Nick Lowe's take on music & this album was no exception! Look forward to playing it next festive season!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nick Lowe's Christmas CD, 27 Mar. 2014
Great CD, I bought it more out of curiousity but was really pleased with it. Was sorry to put it away in January.

4.0 out of 5 stars Christmas Magic!, 4 Jan. 2014
Expectations were not high for a christmas album but Saint Nick and his Little Helpers have carried this off like the true masters of their art that they are. Effortlessly charming and catchy, Quqlity Street has some true gems and in Christmas at the Airport the makings of a Christmas perennial!!

5.0 out of 5 stars New Classic Xmas LP, 7 Nov. 2014
This Album made my Christmas in 2013 .... Everything has been said about this album already ,but I'd like to just add this has such a great warmth , and nostalgia it will have you playing it for all 31 days of Dec .....

4.0 out of 5 stars Packed full of treats, 24 Dec. 2013
Christopher Coxhead (wolverhampton UK) - See all my reviews
A Christmas album with a difference, not the usual suspects reorchestrated and having no life, this album has skiffle that bounces along, it has a variety of treats for you to enjoy over the festive season well done nick

4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative for Xmas music, 2 Jan. 2014
I bought this after I heard Simon Mayo review the album on the radio. He was gushing in praise, I am not quite that far but it makes a great alternative to Frank Sinatra at Christmas with a good range of styles.

4.0 out of 5 stars good album, 8 Feb. 2014
good album, more interesting than the usual stuff that gets played to death every year. nick lowe is on our list of artists to see when we get chance

4.0 out of 5 stars Gift, 13 Mar. 2014
I bought this as a gift and I have had no adverse comments from the recipients, so I am assuming it is OK.