Format: Audio CD|Change

on 27 November 2013
This is not like your normal Christmas album. As well as the tracks written by Nick Lowe himself he has selected a rather unusual mix of traditional and modern carols and songs. "Christmas Can't Be Far Away" is a wonderful song to revive, originally recorded by Eddy Arnold, I think, years ago. From the opening bars of track one, "Children Go Where I Send Thee" to the fade-out of the rockabilly version of "I Wish It Could Be Christmas Everyday" this album is a class act.
on 4 January 2014
Expectations were not high for a christmas album but Saint Nick and his Little Helpers have carried this off like the true masters of their art that they are. Effortlessly charming and catchy, Quqlity Street has some true gems and in Christmas at the Airport the makings of a Christmas perennial!!
on 7 November 2014
This Album made my Christmas in 2013 .... Everything has been said about this album already ,but I'd like to just add this has such a great warmth , and nostalgia it will have you playing it for all 31 days of Dec .....
on 24 December 2013
A Christmas album with a difference, not the usual suspects reorchestrated and having no life, this album has skiffle that bounces along, it has a variety of treats for you to enjoy over the festive season well done nick
on 2 January 2014
I bought this after I heard Simon Mayo review the album on the radio. He was gushing in praise, I am not quite that far but it makes a great alternative to Frank Sinatra at Christmas with a good range of styles.
on 8 December 2013
I love Nick Lowe and thought why is he doing a Christmas album, I should have known better. Buy it, one to enjoy without the faux sentimentality.
on 8 February 2014
good album, more interesting than the usual stuff that gets played to death every year. nick lowe is on our list of artists to see when we get chance
on 10 February 2014
Purchased in October. Apologies for the late review. I am not able to add too much to what has already been said but in a just world this album should never disappear and become the soundtrack for the festive season for many years to come.

This collection contains new compositions and old some old neglected songs that were new to me. So, even if you already have Xmas albums in your collection you are sure to find some gems here that you may not have heard before. Admittedly, you would have heard Silent Night and Roy Wood's Wish it could be Xmas everyday. But Lowe and his band serve it up with a fresh and new approach.

In closing, it is exactly what it says on the box. It acknowledges Jesus, children, love and the family. It has elements of fun and warm sentiment and is full of good cheer. What more could you ask for? Needless to say, Lowe is in fine voice with the slow numbers and the uptempo tracks..
on 13 March 2014
I bought this as a gift and I have had no adverse comments from the recipients, so I am assuming it is OK.
on 3 July 2014