5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent car seat!
I've been looking for an ISOFIX car seat that can go beyond child's four years of age but Mothercare, Toy R Us etc have very limited ranges of ISOFIX stuff and it all stops at 4 years of age. Everything above is all seatbelt attached which I find moves about a little no matter how tight you do it due to seatbelts having a diagonal section.

So, I came across...
Published 18 months ago by ninjag

3.0 out of 5 stars Instructions are poor
The seat itself seems good although it's hard to tell what the standard of good is without directly comparing it to others. The instructions with the seat are poorly written, the instructions on fitting aren't clear, the diagrams are difficult to make out and there are even several spelling mistakes.

If I had paid the original price for this £289.95 I would not...
Published 16 months ago by westy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent car seat!, 18 Dec. 2013
This review is from: isafe S06W Isofix Duo Trio Plus Isofix and Top Teether Car Seat (Mocca) (Baby Product)

So, I came across this seat and despite the other poor review by someone who doesn't appear to know how to explore some simple adjustment processes, I took a chance and I'm glad I did!

The seat is well cushioned and solid feeling and feels just as sturdy as my other seat which is a Maxi Cosi. The head position is easily adjustable by simply squeezing a handle at the top and pulling up and this also adjusts the shoulder strap height at the same time. It's so simple compared to the Maxi Cosy where I'm messing about moving the belt into little guides behind the material.

The tilt is also very easily adjusted and you just squeeze the handle at the lower front and then adjust. The shoulder straps loosen and tighten easily and there's a little compartment to hide the excess strap. The button to release the shoulder straps is also nicely hidden under some soft material so the appearance of this seat is very tidy and sophisticated.

The inner section of material can be easily removed which is handy for when they get older and also if they are wearing a big winter jacket, although the shoulder straps still stretch easily with my son who is almost 3 (he's tall as well!) and wearing a big duffle coat.

The seat also allows for a seatbelt to be drawn across for when the child is older so this coupled with the ISOFIX connection makes this safer than the driver's seat!

Fixing the seat into the ISOFIX points was a little tricky at first but this is purely down to tiny diagrams in the instructions. But once you know how it's very easy. Basically, there are two knobs either side at the bottom rear. You turn these up slightly and it allows the bars to extend, you turn them back down to lock the bars. Then, there's a small slide switch on the actual bars themselves and it's these which allow the bar's connectors to unlock and click you can push the seat into the ISOFIX points in your car and they will self lock. Then you turn the knobs back up which allows you to push the seat back against the seat of the actual car. Once it's all the way in you can turn them back down and it's all locked in place and the whole seat doesn't budge an inch!

Coupled with a padded seat protector from Mothercare for £20 the whole setup is very smart looking.

Now, there is one negative and it's something that drives me crazy in a car. The seat makes a rattling sound, although it's probably amplified by my stiff suspension. However, I quickly noticed that if you tilt the seat by just one notch the rattle disappears - it must be the harness system behind knocking against the plastic. A very easy solution and it's nicer to have the seat tilted ever so slightly back anyway! This could be an easy fix for the manufacturer though with a bit of padding at the mechanism to prevent rattles (although I'm not sure if padding would snag?)

Tempted to get another now for child number 2 before new EU regulations come into force which demand rearward facing up to 15 months. Also it will now test side impact which is a good thing.

So rather than messing about with bases or seatbelt attached seats I've got a single car seat which I can detach and put in the boot in less than a minute which give me all my seats back in my car when required. This is an excellent seat at a fantastic price.

3.0 out of 5 stars Instructions are poor, 14 Feb. 2014

If I had paid the original price for this £289.95 I would not have been happy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to fit to isofix bracket in the car (although ..., 27 July 2014
Easy to fit to isofix bracket in the car (although it took me 10 mins to realise the metal bars are extend-able). The seat looks very comfortable and is very easy to tilt into several positions. I only have a 10 months old baby so I have not tried all other features. Never the less my little one always look very happy to sit in the seat.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value Isofix car seat, 25 Feb. 2014
Very competitive price for an Isofix type car seat. Extremely versatile with its ability to suit groups 1, 2 and 3. Only downside I found was that the instructions for assembly/fitting were confusing and read as if they had been badly translated from another language; also diagrams were too small.

1.0 out of 5 stars ... on the basis of the reviews above which were great. We have been shocked however, 6 April 2015
We bought this item on the basis of the reviews above which were great.

We have been shocked however, that on two occasions, one of the belts disconnected when he was in the seat whilst we were driving from within the mechanism of the chair which meant it was totally unsafe and useless to restrain him. I would strongly recommend not purchasing this car seat as we were very shocked that this design fault could occur. Perhaps we received a faulty item however be warned.. We are currently awaiting a reply from the seller but thought it important to express our experience of the seat for others to see.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 23 April 2014
I am very happy with this purchase. Good quality for reasonable price on a high specs product. It's a very good option to the Britax Duo Plus.

5.0 out of 5 stars A good buy, 22 Jan. 2014
I bought this to replace my old rear facing baby seat that my child grew out of (he's tall for his age). It is very well padded and so easy to fit. Only had it 1 day but little one seems very happy in it.

1.0 out of 5 stars VERY POOR QUALITY, 15 July 2014
DO NOT BUY THIS SEAT!!! STUCK IN CAR CURRENTLY AS BOTH HANDLES HAVE SNAPPED OFF ONLY HAD SEAT 2 MONTHS AND REMOVED IT 4 OR 5 TIMES!!! VERY POOR QUALITY

2.0 out of 5 stars Extremely poor instructions, 8 Jun. 2014
This is a good car seat and we are happy that it will last for a number of years however the instructions that are provided with the seat are, at best, poor. The instructions and diagrams within it often bear no relation whatsoever to the actions that you have to carry out. Releasing the isofix points from the car is difficult and took twenty minutes to perform the first time we tried due to the instructions being woefully inaccurate. Once you have guessed, and with a little trial and error, it becomes easier. Adjusting the height of the straps can be performed in about thirty seconds with a small handle for adjusting. The instruction booklet doesn't even acknowledge the existence of the handle and tells you to start unhooking the straps (not required) and taking off the seat covers (also not required). While the car seat is extremely comfy and safe I have to say that I certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone I know purely because we have wasted hours of our time following pathetic and incompetent instructions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Aug. 2014
very pleased with this item

isafe S06W Isofix Duo Trio Plus Isofix and Top Teether Car Seat (Mocca)
Usually dispatched within 2 to 3 days