on 5 July 2016
Stunning final performance forTamara Rojo with the Royal Ballet is reason alone to buy this DVD. Rojo was made for the role of Marguerite.
on 3 February 2015
Beautiful Royal Ballet program about the genius of Ashton. I suggest to all loves art-ballet.
on 3 October 2013
Although comparisons are said to be odious, I had also ordered An Evening with the Royal Ballet in which one or two of the dances are the same but danced by different dancers. I loved La Valse which I had never seen and Monotones 1 and 11. For me Marienella Nunez is a superb dancer. The Voices of Spring is charming and full of humour. Yuhui Choe has come a long way and is delightful to watch but I found Campbell was too nervous to really show the humour of it. I am not a lover of Marguerite and Armand in spite of the cast.
on 29 September 2013
Wonderful performances of wonderful works! Technical quality very good. Sound likewise. Just sit back and drink it all in! Recommended strongly.
on 15 July 2016
A very good performance and superb choreography.
on 31 December 2015
Necessary addition to my ballet DVD collection.
on 8 October 2013
I saw this at the cinema earlier this year and thoroughly enjoyed so when the chance to buy the dvd came up, I bought it.
on 19 February 2015
bought as a present for someonelse
on 30 September 2013
Not one that I would watch a etime - the dancing is good but quite boring, though of course the Rojo Marguerite and Armand makes up for it. Many much better Royal Ballet dvds are available.