5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and boosted my wifi range
I switch to Fibre which came with the normal openreach fibre modem and my ISP's wireless router.We live in a three storey house and the wireless range on the router was terrible. It couldnt reach most of the 1st floor and wifi speeds anywhere but in the same room were awful.

Published 10 months ago by S Macdonald

3.0 out of 5 stars Single device network only
Perfectly good as a standalone device, but if you already have any sort of a network (other hubs, routers etc) - beware!
If you switch off DHCP in the device it requires a slave DHCP server it cannot cope with being connected to a switch / router that provides DHCP through the uplink.
Contact Dlink support - they are USELESS! They propose a configuration that...
Published 20 days ago by RMB

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to set up and boosted my wifi range, 23 Oct 2013
This review is from: D-Link DIR-850L AC1200 1200Mbps Simultaneous Dual-Band Wireless AC Broadband Router (Accessory)

I tried an Apple Airport Express. Whilst that was easy to use the range was only slightly better.

Finally I bought this little fella after reading good reviews on Amazon.com about it, several of which mentioned good range. Firstly, out of the box, its smaller than it looks, just a bit bigger than a can of soda. Its light and a bit plasticky however it does look different to the masses.

Setup was very easy. I used d-links ipad/iphone app which found the router. I entered my ISPs username and password and after a reboot off we went. (the unit came with the latest firmware). Well what can I say? Range is excellent. I'm getting my max fibre speed in the same room as the router and whilst that of course drops away the further I move I get full three storey coverage throughout the house. If I had to say anything its that the power cord is a touch short.

In summary, it has achieved exactly what I wanted it too and fully met expectations.

3.0 out of 5 stars Single device network only, 7 Aug 2014
Contact Dlink support - they are USELESS! They propose a configuration that does not prove the connectivity required.

3.0 out of 5 stars Flawed in some respects, 11 July 2014
I. D. Slade "Hotel barge Libje" (Brittany France) - See all my reviews
The N part of the router works fine but although the new AC part is faster I find the range very limited. It's less than 20mtrs in open conditions. It also stays connected to the computer but manages to lose the connection to the internet and I have to swap back to N to continue using it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality router No Fuss., 28 Jun 2014
Mr. Michael J. Wilcox (UK) - See all my reviews
This arrived promptly and I simply swapped out my Netgear standard router provided by Talktalk for this and logged in to the interface.

It has a familiar easy to navigate standard interface and I had this up and running in no time.

I like the shape and I love the fact it has just two lights, not your normal flashing spaceship :)

I get maximum speeds my Fibre line will carry and no drop outs on any devices, wired or wireless so far.

It simply just does what it says on the tin with some more as yet unused advanced features.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works a treat., 21 May 2014
Having ventured away from my long time favourite D-Link I was not pleased with the frequent drops in service. This might not be the quickest or most feature rich router but in runs day in day out. It look unobtrusive as well. My only complaint is that a flashing LED to show it was alive would be a bonus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Aug 2014