5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful
Published 20 months ago by KT Dowling.

3.0 out of 5 stars Another Mary Calmes
Mary Calmes is a good writer, but after reading several (okay, all) of her books, I felt as though they never really change. The hero is always loved by all, and barely manages to get a word in edgewise because his lover is yammering on and on about his desire and noble intentions. The man on man sex is hot but after a while it gets old.
Published 23 months ago by Amazon Customer

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, 29 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Parting Shot (A Matter of Time Book 7) (Kindle Edition)
I decided to write a review of this book as I was astonished by the only review here. Whilst the other reviewer didn't give more than three stars, I whole heartedly give five and they're well deserved by Ms Calmes. Parting Shot follows on from the 'Jory' books - A Matter of Time 1 and 2, Bulletproof and But for You. If you've read these books then you'll love Parting Shot as it features characters mentioned in them. Aaron Sutter is a billionaire, Duncan Stiel is a detective, both are minor characters in Jory and Sams story but take the lead here. Mary Calmes books are wonderfully romantic and the sex scenes are hot. There's a great story and you can totally understand how the relationship between the two men unfolds and develops. Whilst this is a stand alone story, I personally am hoping for some sequels. I reckon four books (as for Jory and Sam) should do it. I'd recommend reading the Jory stories first. I definitely recommend this book. I've read it several times since buying it and it always stays fresh and charming with each read.

4.0 out of 5 stars Another Winner From Mary Calmed!, 5 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Parting Shot (A Matter of Time Book 7) (Kindle Edition)
After reading the last Six books in this series about Jory and Sam I wasn't sure I wanted to continue with this book about Aaron and Duncan. I really did not like Aaron in the previous books and although Duncan had been part of the last book I didn't really warm to him. Mary Calmes most certainly made this a interesting read which I have read in one sitting. I also now actually see Aaron in a totally different light. Both the main characters grew on me very quickly. What I enjoy about this author's books is the Crime/Mystery storyline which sets it apart from your average romance. There is lots of suspense and action which makes it impossible to stop reading but very easy to get engrossed in the Book!

I highly recommend this book but although not essential you will be missing out on some excellent reading if you don't read the other books in this series!

5.0 out of 5 stars NYPD Blue, 16 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Parting Shot (A Matter of Time Book 7) (Kindle Edition)
Again, another winner. Witty dialogue, good interaction of characters. It was like a TV cop show in my head but with an underlying fairy tale, cause in real life? Never gonna happen, but it would be great if it did. I really enjoyed the book, I think I may have read it in the wrong order as it was related to All Kinds of Tied Down, but not that closely related as to make you need to read the other book(s). It had drama, excitement, love and lust, violence, the whole bag o' rattle and it went at a cracking pace.
I read the 3 star review and have to say I disagreed wholeheartedly. Calmes is a good writer, she makes me chuckle and then makes my hold my breath in anticipation, be it with sex or action. This is a great little story and would make a brill TV show LOL

5.0 out of 5 stars Another Best from Mary Calmes!!!!, 5 July 2014
This review is from: Parting Shot (A Matter of Time Book 7) (Kindle Edition)
Yet another great read from one of my favourite authors. Can't get enough of her books! Loved how both Duncan and Aaron knew what the other needed! Would love to have another story on these two! Right from the start I was pulled into this story and read it straight through on one sitting. I couldn't put it down.....not even for one second! I didn't want it to end. Defiantly recommend reading this and many of her other stories! You won't be disappointed!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab,fab,fab., 23 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Parting Shot (A Matter of Time Book 7) (Kindle Edition)
just loved it.all the right elements of a relationship all packed into one great story by mary.Aaron is the rich buisness man and the other is the detective.their both hot and heavy from the word go.very possessive but in a good way.

3.0 out of 5 stars Another Mary Calmes, 5 Aug. 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 12 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Parting Shot (A Matter of Time Book 7) (Kindle Edition)
I really wanted to love this book, especially after reading All Kinds of Tied Down. I didn't like the main characters very much - Sam was a bit of a bully and couldn't make up his mind what he wanted, Jory seemed shallow and immature. The female characters, such as they were, were really disappointing and under-developed. It's a shame as it could have been a really great story.