on 18 December 2013
I found the contents fascinating as I have with Robert's books. At 79 I remember many of the goodies shown but am amazed at the amount I had forgotten. Unfortunately I had to close down when half way through watching due to an emergency call. When I was able to go back to watch the rest I was unable to quickly run through to the place I had reached and had to restart at the beginning. Not everyone has the time to watch through it all in one sitting. Can this be overcome please.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 December 2013
A fascinating gem of a DVD,...it was something a bit different..A great stocking filler for anyone interested in consumer history
on 8 May 2014
I would strongly recommend to all ages as there is pretty much something for everybody.
I have been lucky enough to visit the actual museum in person but in some ways this dvd is even better as in a way it goes more in depth.
I probably learnt more in these 2 hours than I have in the past 2 years.
Amazing how viewing these long forgotten products from the past can evoke so many good memories.
Fascinating and in my opinion essential viewing!
on 21 October 2013
Very good great information on the British products, all our staff also enjoyed the In Search of Throwaway History would recommend to all.
on 7 January 2016
Excellent, compelling 2 hour documentary that is guaranteed to get you screaming at the telly yelling "I remember those!". For those of us of a certain age the sight of the old packaging you know and love will bring backs floods of memories. I'm approaching my mid-40's and both myself and my 81 year dad loved this in equal measures as it covers a long period of time.
on 3 January 2014
What an amazing DVD !!Never had so many people OooHIINNGG and ARRRRING!!!! over these nostalgic things . A great hit for anyone of a "certain " age !!Thank you so much for a nostalgic couple of hours !! Highly recommended !! Thank you !
on 15 November 2014
Fascinating DVD. Brought back many memories. Amazed at how much I learnt about dates products were produced etc. Anyone interested in social history of the past would love this DVD. Just wish the museum was nearer so that I could visit it.
on 14 December 2013
A very good DVD gets everyone talking and reminising, young and old alike. A very good Christmas Stocking filler.
The package arrived as was stated and in excellent condition.
A superb service once again... Thank you Amazon
on 6 December 2013
Living in Australia, I have small chance of getting to Robert Opie's marvellous museum. This was a wonderful walk through the display and should be a must for fellow ephemera collectors. Social history in tangible form.
on 29 June 2015
What can I say really this xmas gift did a great job. It kept my parents quiet for a while until they got rather excited about all the old products. Really interesting and a great doc to watch :)