Rock Crawler Radio Controlled Red/Black
Price:£109.23+Free shipping

on 12 November 2012
I got this for my little four year old boy... yeah okay, it was for me really but sure my boys could join as well. The rock crawler is designed to be slower so it can handle terrain better. But better still it means it runs for longer on a normal set of batteries.

The gun style control is a little difficult for my older boy to get used to but each time he is getting better and better.

The main reason I got this one is because whenever my boys took their previous cars outside they pretty much got defeated by the grass (which is really in need of a cut right now). However the rock crawler goes through the grass like a lawn mower!

Its tough, been banged all over the house (both inside and out) and not a scratch - even dropped off steps as well.

I would highly recommend this to anyone who wants a toy that their kids can use on grass - even when it needs cutting.

It is pricey but as I have so often learned, in most cases, you get what you pay for.
on 16 December 2011
brilliant little (ish) rc car, especially for the price. Does what it says on the tin, not that quick but it just keeps going. Not sure about durability as yet, had a few knocks already with no effect. Love it
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 29 December 2011
We bought this for Christmas for our 8 year old having read various reviews for other similar products. This steers well, climbs well, works inside and outdoors. The first set of batteries are still going on Dec 29th despite daily use. He's really pleased with it and we would recommend it.
on 3 September 2013
First of all the 1 star is to reflect the diabolical service from this seller...it was atrocious, abysmal, sparse and just not timely enough. We ordered this item well in advance using the first class postage, at a cost of about £8. This product was for my son, for his 4th birthday...he had been wishing upon a star every night that he would get a big red monster truck. We wanted to go one better and get him a monster truck that was red, but also radio controlled and after reading the reviews we decided to have this one. My son is quite capable of controlling an item, just in case you were wondering why I'd be buying like this for a 4 year old... let’s put it this way...my son has more moral fibre, more grasp of the English language in terms of communication, more respect for other people he doesn't know than this seller.
What turned up was a radio controlled GREEN...yes GREEN rally car type thing from the same supplier. Green wa not going to satisfy a boys wish to have a red monster truck.
We sent emails to the supplier stating what they had sent and to ask for a replacement as quick as possible as we were heading into a bank holiday...no reply for about 36 hours!
We sent an email to amazon on the same day, and to their credit phoned me back and tried to contact the supplier who didn't answer the phone...bear in mind this was a Thursday before the bank holiday. Amazon also sent an email on my behalf...I eventually got a reply from the supplier with this 'Sorry, what was it that you received?!. This detail had been explained to them on three separate emails...so I told them again what was received and what I wanted them to do. The next reply was 'We only have one more in stock'. So my reply was to ask for that item to be sent out. You know what the next reply back from them was 'THIS IS THE ONLY ON AVAILABLE FOR 2 MONTHS'. Whatttttt! This is where I'm thinking, you're trying to wind me up on purpose or you don't seem to have understood any of my emails.
After writing a brief to amazon of my experience I was then offered compensation if I could take the seller feedback off. What I asked for couldn't be done because I'd used the wrong returns label. Apparently I was supposed to use the one they sent me in an email, instead of the official one which was generated by Amazon's own website...utterly ridiculous. And guess what, the address was the same on both so what the hell did it matter which one I used.
I have since brought this product on Ebay, for £3 more and I have to say it’s a cracking bit of kit which my son loves to bits, I also had emails all the way telling me when the package would arrive and even got a text to tell me what time the item would be delivered and it was spot on.
Its 8 days later after his birthday but a promise is a promise after the crying and hysterics we had on his birthday. Any parent does not like to disappoint their loved one on a special occasion, but this supplier doesn't care about your love for your loved ones. Do not buy from this seller; their customer service is quite frankly the worst I've experienced. I work for a company that strives for good customer service and if I didn't have my customers well-being at heart I would a)have no customers and b)have no job. I will never, ever buy from this seller again, even if they were giving stuff away...its just not worth it.
Do not buy from this seller, they don’t deserve your hard earned money and they will fail you.
on 13 June 2012
This product shows pictures and technical detail for the full Rock Crawler from Maisto which is the shown on the channel 5 gadget show but it also includes 'Junior' in the title. The Junior version isn't the one shown on the gadget show and is not the one shown in the picture attached to this product.

I ordered this from one of the suppliers and was shipped the junior version which can be found elsewhere on Amazon for £15.87 (rather then £39.99). So it seems that the suppliers are confusing descriptions between the two models.

Whilst the Supplier in question sorted out my refund and has now moved their product to the correct page on Amazon, the details shown on this page are still wrong (e.g. a mix of the junior and full rock crawler product). Make sure you contact your chosen supplier to clarify which model you're getting (so you don't end up disappointed like me).

Suppliers, please sort out your product descriptions and include the right product pictures so us consumers can know what you're actually selling us!

Note: the star ratings on this are because the product I was shipped was inferior to the one I was ordering and not a reflection of the actual rock crawler from Maisto.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 21 July 2013
Nice toy and quite sturdy, my 5 year old grandson loves it. Climbs rocks easily and withstands alot of child roughness.
on 27 July 2013
Shame the car didn't turn up Bfr my so s bday even though I ordered it with plenty of time to get herev
on 6 January 2012
This is a good remote control car although it cant go over everything it will just tip over if you have a large object you need your RC car to go over.
It is a 4x4 but it isn't really much of a better car in aspect of terms of speed although there are 2 motors This is not a very fast RC car. I have had RC cars for £7.00 and they are much faster.
The steering isn't good either you have to reverse when taking corners where you can't get round it takes around 5m diameter to take a full turn.
Another down side is the controller it is tiny for the hand.
Don't expect to get a large car it is only the size of your general Remote Control car.
On the good side the car is good on rough terrain better than the cars like the cheap Mini coopers and Lamborghini.
It is overall worth the money. But if you are wanting a brilliant 4x4 that has a fast speed and good off-road don't waste your money on this.
It is definitely recommended for the younger ones learning to use good Rc cars if you want a present for 5-10 year olds this would be good as it is based around children rather than the older ones. It is strong and durable for the people who are likely to crash this item.
Much of the overview is about the bigger version of this car do not get misleaded.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 27 January 2012
son likes it very much, arrived promptly and well packaged, and was bought at a good price. Looks good, too.
goes round and round very well.
on 25 January 2012
Bought as replacement for another rc truck for my nephew!,
This one is great and he is enjoying playing with it!