5.0 out of 5 stars good price and good support
Reduced from £399 to £299, I am pleased with the specification although I got it for working not playing games:

It is very quiet, although not completely silent, for that you would need a...
Published 1 month ago by wildchicken

2.0 out of 5 stars shocked
Published 12 months ago by mark suckling

2.0 out of 5 stars shocked, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Silent Gaming PC! CSL Sprint 5832u (Hexa) - Computer-System with AMD FX-Series FX-6300 6x 3500 MHz, 1000GB HDD, 8GB DDR3 RAM, ASUS Mainboard, Radeon HD 8450 2GB, USB 3.0 - best six core gaming PC! (Personal Computers)
when i finally got my operating system for this machine i found that the graphics card was only 1 gig instead of 2. Also the 3d benchmark i ran said it was a dog. Lucky to get 6 frames per second. Hardly the ultimate 6 core gaming solution, Maybe if you are only playing solitaire. Very dissapointed but that seems the norm now when ever i order anything from amazon. Yes i have emailed the company but received no reply. If you are looking for a hlf decent games machine stay away from this one or demand a better graphics card.
Now there telling me it is hyper memory and that it does only have 1gig of ram. They suggested i buy a better graphics card for playing games. Yet its advertised as high frame rate gaming pc. I give up. Technical description states graphics card size 2 gig not anywhere is it explained that this is virtual memory. buyer beware.
So took their advice and put a better graphics card in. And guess what the picture of the motherboard is not a true representation of what you get. The old graphics card had no fans just a heat sink. There was not two sticks of ram just one. And as people in the know will tell you this is a very inefficent way to use memory. It is almost like they just cobbled this together from parts they had lying around. Oh and what or how do they deal with complaints they say send it back. Then they ignore you. I have emailed them a number of times. Had a job aparently for someone on amazon to find anyone in the company who could speak english. Look i know xmas is just around the corner. And the price and if the specifications were a true reflection of what you get it would be a bargain. As long as you factor in buying a new graphics card straight away then go ahead. Otherwise pick someone else who is happy to talk with you and at the very least answer your emails.

5.0 out of 5 stars good price and good support, 8 Sep 2014

It is very quiet, although not completely silent, for that you would need a fanless cooling system and SSD. That said, it is much quieter than other machines I have had. I saw another review saying their machine was noisy - mine is not noisy, definitely very quiet, but a silent pc is going to set you back more than the cost of this one.

Note that this model does not come with an operating system installed so you do need to organise that. You need to remember to use the driver disk supplied to install LAN drivers (and any other drivers you want like audio & USB3 etc). Installing windows (I put windows 7 on it), I was surprised to find it did not have network drivers for an internet connection, but that was soon fixed using the supplied driver disk.

The 350W power supply is quiet, but 350W might be a consideration if you are planning on adding power hungry components - CSL support reckon there should not be a problem for an additional hard drive and other expansion cards, but 350W could be on the low side for some people.

I put in another silent graphics card with 2GB of memory rather than the supplied card that uses hyper-memory which seems to be system memory rather than memory on the card - you might not realise that without doing a bit of further reading.

Only real niggle is that the front USB ports are USB2 and the USB3 are on the back.

8GB of RAM comes as a single stick, but I haven't found a problem with that, but will probably look to add a matching 8GB at some point.
They also supply a selection of software on a disc - some open source, others proprietary, but a reasonable selection of stuff to help get people started with minimal effort.

Customer service has so far been very responsive and helpful via email - haven't needed to speak to anyone by phone. So far the machine is performing excellently, but too soon to say if it warrants 5 stars (hence giving 4 stars) The box itself is not small, but for a fixed location, it is fine.

Conclusion:
I would not call it a gaming PC, but then I didn't buy it for that. For £299 I'm very pleased so far and will definitely consider using CSL again - the important thing is to make sure you read what you are getting and not go by marketing 'blurb' - check through the actual specification.

11th September 2014 - Edited to add...

I've upped the rating from 4 to 5 stars based on this answer to a question to CSL on noise coming through USB powered speakers plugged into rear connectors:

"Regarding your problem with the audio I have an explanation (at least I had the same experience at home using my PC).
The speakers you use are only powered via USB (no powersupply into the wall)?
The phenomenon is called "ground loop" that occurres when devices do not share the same "ground" or the socket in the wall does either not have a ground at all or if e.g. an external USB device or Monitor does not have a ground or a different ground. *
*"Ground" meaning the third plug in you electrical sockets.

This feedback or ground noise should disappear when you e.g. test it with headphones (in the green port on the back of your PC) because no groundsignal will be carried at all.
Do you have a pair of headphones you could try it with?

I solved the problem in my setting by plugging a little gadget between the green output and my speakersystem:

I use one of those funny round isolators as the first two (however with adapters so that they fit with my stereo jack).

I assume this should also do:

since it already has the right plug,...

I am sorry that my explanation is not more brief, but the technical problem is a physical phenomenon that is really difficult to explain. Moreover it is not easy to find the "origin" since it can be a printer, an HDMI cable leading to a TV, a device plugged into the PC using another power supply etc.

Hopefully I could have helped a bit."

5.0 out of 5 stars For the money its good, 31 Dec 2013
What exactly do people want on here for £399?? I asked the questions about memory etc and the company answered all the questions honestly. I edit 4k cine videos on it whilst using the internet on dual screen it is lighting fast quick to boot up etc.
I added another 1tb drive as a slave to keep things backed up and much as people moan it will play the likes of crysis 3 all be it with a few tweaks to the games frame rates etc . To sum up a really good alround machine for very little money. with a better graphics card it would be A1

3.0 out of 5 stars Read The Reviews An You'll Be Fine!, 21 Feb 2014
You get what you pay for. This PC is fine for the money BUT do read the reviews: Graphics card is only 1GB not 2GB as stated (is this legal? I presume I can share another gig to make it 2GB); It's WAY off silent, it's just as loud as any PC I've worked on lately (Yes I am a tech) - It's not even QUIET, it's quite noisy, which is annoying as I bought it because it said SILENT. You can get silent PCs and this isn't one. Also they could have thrown in a mouse and keyboard but I guess you already have one.
On the plus side, it seems to work really well. The 6 CPU cores work as 3 pairs and are really efficient at video encoding and processing images and programs. I don't play any high-end games but the ones I do play can only use one core anyway. I haven't looked into the extra 1GB of shared graphics but I suspect it won't help much with games.
Delivery was quicker than they said but I suspect they said 5-12 days for that very reason. It arrived after 5. The case is very thin and cheap, the first time I put in an SD card it disappeared into the case. I had to prise off the cover to get it back!
To summarise I can still hear that bleedin' fan whirring away more noisily than my nearly dead laptop did :-(

4.0 out of 5 stars Tis' a quiet machine, 9 Oct 2013
Just got this last week, and though haven't gotten everything installed and loaded, it does seem very powerful. I didn't get it so much for gaming, as for photography and 3d graphics. Our laptops, though newer and good at 4gb RAM and dedicated graphics cards, they just don't cut the mustard with my photoshop/lightroom/dreamweaver and the myriad of 3d graphics progs my daughter uses. With Lightroom, importing folders with 1:1 preview is eons faster and transferring files from folder to folder a breeze. We may get some game just to try out how good it is for gaming LOL It does indeed run very quiet. My old desktop pc was surely 3x as loud. This really just runs in the background and barely noticeable. Dunno if would get louder if played intensive games on it though. It's very handy for me having the inbuilt memory card reader, that actually includes CF cards, which my camera uses. A few usb ports in the front, which is always good and all sorts of connections in the back, should be covered for about anything to hook up.

4 stars instead of 5 at the mo, just because the case build seemed a bit loose and screws on the back loose. My last desktop was pc shop built too, and seemed much sturdier construction, even though was a cheaper one at the time. The dvd drive is a bit hyper-sensitive, and been having a tendency of repeatedly opening and closing sometimes. Hoping it will settle and calm down though, or at least with being extra gentle on the button LOL I def think it's a great buy for the money though and on the whole is so far superb otherwise.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good cpu. not selected as a game item but ..., 8 July 2014
Very good cpu .not selected as a game item but for every day use.
As a gaming item I would query it's effectiveness, but as a home computer great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Desktop PC., 28 April 2014
Well appointed budget PC. 4 USB 2 at rear alongside 2 USB 3. 3 USB ports on front panel. SD, Micro SD and XD slots on front panel.
Other slots as well. 3 Monitor connectors.
Bought to install Windows 7. Worked fine first time.
Very quiet as the name suggests. This quietness may be due to a single small fan on the CPU but none on the outer casing.
Anyone wanting to push the machie might want to consider another fan or two.

5.0 out of 5 stars great pc, 19 Jan 2014
i really love this pc its really fast does everything i ask for for the price your getting a great pc

4.0 out of 5 stars Awesomeness, 8 Jan 2014
It is an amazing pc I been able to run all games I came across so far (which is about 20 cos of the sales) but I happy with this PC is quite ad hardly overheats
I happy I got this PC and I not looking back :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 18 Jan 2014
Mr. W. Lacey - See all my reviews
After looking at many computers to replace my aging XP desktop and being disappointed by a misrepresented desktop from a well advertised high street store who claim to know a lot about PCs I decided to buy this one which I had been looking at for some time but had mixed reviews. If you are reading this then you need to be aware that the graphics card is only a 1GB graphics card and not the 2GB claimed in most of the specification, I did suggest that this was corrected but I guess no one listened however we did reach an amicable agreement and I have kept this unit. If you read the responses to the questions I assume that some of the people who responded to didn't know how to check a graphics card.
I am very impressed with the products used and the build quality of this PC and for the money I believe it is an excellent piece of kit. Initial start up and conversion to English is easy. It is quick and any software issues have been my own doing (Be careful where you download from) but any tasks seem to take less time than my old PC and it runs a lot quieter. It works well with photograph software I have tried it with and I don't' doubt that it will serve me well.
The supplier to Amazon has been polite and courteous throughout my communications and if you get an Amazon call centre in the UK problems are easily resolved. If you get somewhere else I suggest you hang up but beware they also answer e-mails.
To sum up - A good pc that can be upgraded and is supplied with instructions for the motherboard along with all of the discs as if you built it yourself.