4.0 out of 5 stars Great show, but sound quality is poor
The setlist and performance are very good, but the sound quality on the CD is poor in parts.
The bass is sometimes too loud and overpowers the vocals and lead guitars at times.
Dave's vocals (Which I feel are great on this album) are often lost in the mix and can be difficult to hear in some songs.

Although, even with these problems, I still enjoyed...
Published 10 months ago by Phantom Lord

3.0 out of 5 stars In parts great, other parts not so much.
First of all I was proper excited to see that Megadeth were releasing a new live CD/DVD/Blu-ray, hoping it would make up for the fairly average Rust in Peace: live set.
The thing that struck me about this disc (I only have the CD, not the dvd etc) is that it truly sounds "live", most "live" discs these days sound a tad overly produced. Not this one.
Good things...
Published 10 months ago by Daniel Hipkiss

3.0 out of 5 stars In parts great, other parts not so much., 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Countdown To Extinction: Live (Audio CD)
Good things about this CD. Even though the sound isn't exactly perfect, it's remains a true representation of what happened at that show. I've seen numerous people post on youtube that say they were there at the show this recorded and confirm it sounds exactly like what they remember, so it's nice to think that what I'm listening to is a proper live album.
Hearing songs like "Captive Honor", "forclosure of a dream" and "psychotron" performed live was really cool. I do think it would've been awesome if they had included a second CD, just for a couple of extra classics like "In My Darkest Hour" and "Wake up Dead" and to space out the set a little.

Bad Things about this disc. The cover could've been at least a bit more imaginative, who designed this thing? It just doesn't grab the attention at all. The Bass levels may start to bug you after a bit, constantly going up and down and sometimes the guitar levels are just as bad. Some of the solos are slightly fluffed up, but then again least we know it's live.

In conclusion I probably wouldn't recommend this set to anyone other than die-hard Megadeth fans, like myself, but rather suggest "Rude Awakening" or the 20th Anniversary edition of "Countdown To Extinction" which features the original album remastered and the simply fantastic "live at the Cow palace" cd.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great show, but sound quality is poor, 26 Sep 2013
This review is from: Countdown To Extinction: Live (Audio CD)

Although, even with these problems, I still enjoyed the album... Mostly because I really wanted a good live version of Psychotron!

I would definitely recommend 'Countdown To Extinction: Live' to a Megadeth fan, but I would advise getting the DVD instead, which has better sound quality.

My highlights of the album were: Skin O' My Teeth, High Speed Dirt and Psychotron.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 18 Oct 2013
This review is from: Countdown To Extinction: Live (Audio CD)
Super album, all time great and a welcome addition to my collection.
Really recommend to any hard rock fan from any era.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bought for my son, 1 Nov 2013
This review is from: Countdown To Extinction: Live (Audio CD)
Bought for my son as he is a fan. He is happy with it so I am happy too. Great.

Countdown To Extinction: Live
Countdown To Extinction: Live by Megadeth (Audio CD - 2013)