Update:

I just received (at 5 am US time) an update from Pilgrim UK in which he stated that the charge case is NOT include outside of the US.

So, if you'd like the same BackBeat GO-2 in Black or White WITH a charge pod/case, please go to Amazon dot com and order it from there.

The original review (MINUS the charge case for the UK-EU...
Published 12 months ago by Andre Lawrence

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if didn't come off all the time
Published 9 months ago by Meles Meles

5.0 out of 5 stars A Sound as Pristine and Clean as the Packaging It Came In. Plantronics's BackBeat GO 2: A Critical Review., 9 Sep 2013
Andre Lawrence (Miami, Florida) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Update:

The original review (MINUS the charge case for the UK-EU customer) is reflected below:

****

At first look, the Plantronics headset, you immediately notice the details in the packaging. It's done with the utmost care and not with those typical gaudy, excessive packaging that screams "Landfill culprit!": this is an elegantly simplistic packaging.

*** Contents ***
Headphone with a gel hook! On the right side, you have the micro-usb input, just below is the call/volume buttons.

* Micro usb to usb plug
* Micro usb to ac adapter
* Extra earplugs
* Beautiful, woven charge- case (w/ micro usb connector attached)--the unit also has a color-battery strength indicator.

*** Testing ***
This is my first pair/ time with Plantronics. The "GO 2" is a simple, sports Bluetooth headset with a unique gel hook around the headpiece. I've never seen this kind of design before.

But, the gel piece serves to close any gaps between the ear canal and the headpiece. And, it works beautifully. This fits snugly but not tightly. But, unlike the Jabra SPORT which is notoriously famous for its thin headpiece that routinely works its way out of the ear canal, the GO 2's feels very comfortable.

The sound is VERY impressive. Startlingly better than the Jabra's and equal to the Motorola "S-11" and the Jaybird "Freedom Sprint." The sound is so impressive that I'm teetering on saying it's the best (by current, seasonal) standards, but I'm near to it.

Playing True Democracy--the Plantronics reproduced every track flawless. No excessive bass, needed. Every track, every vocal, every nuance sounds breathtakingly vibrant.

The instrumentation on Enya's "My! My! Time Flies!!" is something to behold.

There's nothing exaggerated about this headset:

* Great sound
* Great fit
* Great price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product with very few minor irritations, 30 Dec 2013
I've been shopping with Amazon for about 15 years now, and this is the first time I've liked something enough to leave a review.
P&P was free with Supersaver and took 4 calendar days from the UK to Ireland

The earphones came in the frustration free packaging (basically a plain cardboard box with a rip tab) It took me less than 30 seconds to open

Included:
* Earphones
* Small box containing L and S tips (already fitted with M)
* USB charger (one of the double ones which enables to you plug something else in at the same time to save USB ports)
* Small bag for the earphones
* Manual in english (and several other languages) super easy to use

Pairing
Had it paired to my iPhone 5S within 10 seconds
Comes partially charged so was able to test it straight away
Have successfully also paired it to my iPad 1, iPod 3 and a Avantree Saturn (connected to my TV)

Had some concerns as the Saturn is aptx and the GO2 is A2DP, but they connected and worked just fine. There is a very slight lag, but as I use this to watch movies using XBMC OPENELEC I was able to micro-adjust the timing of the audio so it synchs perfectly

Have run it for up to 4 hours and 45 minutes (4.5 hours music and 15 minutes phone talk) and a full charge from empty is 1 hour 15 minutes

Sound quality is really good, better than my Sennheiser MM30is which have the same sized driver (6mm). The Sennheisers can sound a little muddy on bass heavy tracks but the GO2 is crisp and clear on everything
Bass is firm and strong but the highs are still crisp and clean

I've listened to lots of metal (Pantera, Metallica, Motörhead, Limp Bizkit, Sepultura), jazz (Brubeck, Peterson, Dixieland), country (Johnny Cash and Willie Nelson), Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, classical (Brahms, Chopin, Beethoven, Puccini) and reggae dub (Lt. Tortion and Easy Star All Stars)
All have had really good sound

Sound quality on calls is good - both receiving and sending

Changing songs is easier than on Sennheiser's inline controls (much more intuitive)

I've left the phone plugged into my desk and work and gone into the staff kitchen (~20 feet and 2 concrete walls away) and had no dropouts
I've done the same at home ~30 feet and 3 walls, and still no dropouts and no noticeable deterioration in sound

Pros
* Good sound for all but the most snobbish audiophile
* Ease of use
* Ease of pairing
* Quick enough charge (1.25 hrs)
* Good charge usage (4.45 hrs) for normal use

Cons
* Fit is tight even with S tips (someone else mentioned a wish for Comply to have tips for this, but Comply told me they couldn't)
* Bit ugly - if you're shallow and care about this
* Stabilisers would work better if slightly stiffer (spares are also not sold internationally and the eBay sellers fleece you)
* Flat ribbon wire is awkward - would have preferred round ribbon so a clip to hold onto shirt collar could be optionally fitted
* When you skip forward a song you miss the first half second on the song you've skipped to - not a big deal

Summary
For what you pay for these they aren't cheap, but they still represent good value and a comparative bargain compared to other products on the market

My key indicators are:
Would I recommend them to someone else? YES
Would I buy the same again if they broke or were lost? YES

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be great if didn't come off all the time, 21 Dec 2013
Meles Meles (New York, NY USA) - See all my reviews
I got the BackBeat wireless earbuds exclusively for listening to music at the gym. First the good news: they really do liberate you not just from the annoying wires but also from carrying around your phone/iPod/mp3 player. Just place your phone on the floor and you're free to exercise. The much criticized battery life can be a problem for those who need to use the earphones for extended periods of time but it really hasn't bothered me. The battery is good for about 2 hours, which is enough for one or two gym visits. The sound quality is fine, or at least perfectly sufficient for the gym.

Then the bad news: I've never come across a pair of earbuds that would fit worse than these. The package comes with three pairs of different-size earbuds, all equally bad. No matter which one of them I try, or however I try to adjust them, they don't fit. They are either too heavy or badly designed or made of too hard material to fit well. Needless to say, this takes away most of the joy of using the earphones. Plantronic should really look into this problem. It cannot be that difficult to solve, as most other manufacturers have been able to develop comfortable earphones that fit well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great earbuds, great fit, great sound., 4 May 2014
Though they take a bit of adjusting at the outset, once in they fit well, and I have picky ears. Sound awesome too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great headphones!, 2 May 2014
I got these as a gift for my birthday. I'd been looking for a set of bluetooth headphones for ages and deliberating on the pro's and cons vs a decent set of wired headphones - i just cant stand the faff with having a wire trailing down to my pocket and getting tangled in clothes, but want decent sound quality for music and calls.

To try to make this review as useful as possible, i'll break it down into some of the key criteria i looked into when buying:

Sound Quality:
Whilst probably not 100% for audiophiles and no where near the level of quality you'd get with a high end Bose or B&H set of 'phones, i think the sound quality is great. It's not as dynamic as you get with wired headpones (as Bluetooth doesnt compress audio files so often flattens the sound) but the tones were crisp and bass is pretty deep, especially when you get a good fit with the earbuds. For a commute to work or a workout at the gym, sound quality is more than sufficient and easily stands up to my other Sony wired headphones which cost about the same.

Sound quality on calls is also great and the mic works fine when making both long and short calls.

Connectivity:
You'll get about 20ft of connectivity with these 'phones, which is more than sufficient for connection to most devices around the home. It does occasionally 'blip' off when my phone is in my pocket, but i suspect thats something to do with my dodgy phone rather than the headset. The headset also connects with your primary device really quickly (and automatically) and a voice prompt lets you know when this happens so you can be up and running as soon as the headphones are turned on.

Comfort:
Whilst slightly bulkier than traditional in-ear headphones and may not be for everyone as they're not particularly discreet, i found these comfortable and stable both wearing them for a long period of time and for running - which surprised me given that ive always had to use over the ear sports headphones in the past. I guess this is the benefit of not having a wire tugging down as you run. They are also coated with a sweat resistant vulcanized rubber so you dont need to worry too much about getting them a little damp (they arent waterproof, just water resistant!)

Operation:
It's pretty simple to use and the voice prompts from the headset are clear for pairing and connectivity. The inline remote is very ergonomic and its easy to skip, pause, power on/off once you get the hang of how long to press each button for to make it do different things.

Battery life:
This is the only area where i'm a little disappointed in. You'll get about 4-5 hours of 'listening' time, but as soon as you start using the in-line controls or make a call the battery life gets rinsed. Still, you can prolong this by controlling your music on your device and there are other listings that come with a charging case for an extra tenner - i'd advise this as it'll get you 2 full charges.

Charging wise, it's pretty rapid. A couple of hours plugged into the USB port of your laptop will probably give you a full charge, and into the mains is even quicker.

Overall, if you want decent bluetooth heaphones, i'd give these a go. Whilst the battery life could be improved, they deliver almost as much as wired headphones within the same range IMO and are cheaper than the next best (im told) which are the Jaybird X.

4.0 out of 5 stars I've been through them all..., 11 April 2014
K. Fabunmi - See all my reviews
I've probably been through 5 different bluetooth earbuds and these are absolutely fantastic.
I'm a fussy person....a very vey fussy person and when i received these i was self-conciously looking for a reason to return them. I charged them up, paired them with my iPhone and done a sound test on them.
Firstly, I tried them on with the medium sized earbuds that are fitted onto the Backbeats by default and they felt fine but i thought why not try the small tips - and when i did they felt brilliant. I walked around with them in to see if they would fall out and they seemed fine....again, i'm a very fussy person and i'm looking for even the smallest flaw(s).
The sound is nice, bass is good and not too harsh, i tried different generes of music and the quality was up there even considering that the music syned on my iPhone was of the lower-quality just so i was able to salvage some space.

But i still wasn't satisfied (maybe because I have an array of bluetooth headsets in my desk draw) and I was worried that i may end up throwing this in the draw along with the rest of my collection and not using it again....but then the Backbeat Go2 trump-card showed itself.....the clip-on stabilisers.

I tried them on thinking they'd be useless - but how wrong I was!!!!
These.Are.GENIUS!!!!! The backbeats felt like they were latched onto the inside of my ears, I jumped around and was ferociously shaking/nodding my head to test wether or not they would fall out.....and they didn't.

I haven't had the chance the properly test the battery out but one other thing i did like is that on iOS devices there is a battery indicator on the status bar which none of my previous bluetooth earbuds would display.

The reason for the 4 stars is because i refuse to admit that these are perfect.....nothing is perfect!!!

....apart from this!!!!!!

GET IT!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Kit!, 26 Mar 2014
They are so versatile and easy to use. My husband and I both have our own set and we use them on the commute to work every morning. One negative is that they are bulky in the ear as they stick out a bit more than I expected however I soon got used to this. The sound is really good and they are not difficult to use.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid and well priced, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Plantronics BackBeat GO 2 Wireless Earbuds - White (Frustration Free Packaging) (Electronics)
Good headphones with pretty high quality audio. They are a bit bigger than the photo suggests, bot not overly cumbersome. Stay in ear well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality!!, 9 Mar 2014
My only issue is that the cable can sometimes hold on my neck, pulling on an earpiece. However the quality of sound and functionality is great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty much just what I was looking for, 8 Jan 2014
I've been a longtime user of Sony's MW600 Bluetooth headphones, but always experienced charging problems with them. In addition, I found clipping the receiver unit to my shirt collar or sleeve inconvenient. I don't have this issue with the Backbeat GO 2 since everything is contained within the headphones themselves. I also found the sound quality substantially better than the MW600 and much louder.
There are only two negatives: firstly, the short battery life means that recharging after every use is pretty much compulsory. Secondly, because the headphone buds are on the heavy side, they are predisposed to drop out with heavy running. Jogging is fine, but I have tried sprinting with them on and one of the buds has sometimes come lose and dropped out.