Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 January 2014
Once again Kings of Leon have given us another great album filled with amazing songs, and catchy guitar solos. A must have for fans and people who simply enjoy good music. Great music for listening to in the car.
on 23 September 2013
It was only until last year that I've started listening to their music. Although, I have heard their hit music before like Molly's Chamber, Use Somebody, etc.. on the radio and other sources.
I listened to all their albums and obviously, there are some tracks that aren't to my "taste".

So far, I'm loving this new album. There is just something about their music/tunes that makes me keep listening for longer. As one reviewer already mentioned, Supersoaker was in instant hit for me as well. "Don't Matter" didn't sink in until I kept listening to it a dozen more times. And the most recent, Family Tree, they played on BBC Radio 1, had the same impact on me like Supersoaker did.

Now, I'm not going to review each single track. I love music but not to the point that I analyse and criticize it.

This album was definitely worth my purchase.
If you're a fan of the Kings then by all means, buy it. Of course, you can always preview and listen to their new tracks before buying here on Amazon or whichever e-tailer you prefer.
on 13 March 2015
At the price I paid for this album it is a snip , my musical tastes are very varied , but probably a bit dated , I don't listen to the radio so it takes me a long time to catch on to the latest hot sounds , which perversely is good thing as I don't have to listen to a lot of dross . Artistes , generally not always , who last beyond 3 albums are usually a class act , and the Kings of Leon are no exception , not really a bad track on this album , and some outstanding ones , always a bonus when buying an album , so grab a bargain.
on 2 November 2013
I did go off the KOL for a while but when I heard Supersoaker it reminded me of just how good these guys are.
After getting the album, I must confess all of the songs are great but some are imho awesome!

Highly recommend this album!
on 3 December 2013
I first heard the song 'Beautiful War' on BBC children in need programme and I absolutely loved it. I bought the album as I love Kings of Leon group. Their style, genre and lyrics are very distinct. Love the album title 'Mechanical Bull'- it resonates the past rock band groups which somehow are being innovative in a futuristic way.
on 16 October 2013
With several more killer tracks to get fans at gigs rocking with joy,you couldn't ask for more. A band not afraid to evolve and also visit their past, remaining true to who they are. You may need to listen to it a few times before before giving up on a band that still stands tall amongst great rock bands. Nice riffs,interesting lyrics,songs that will grow and grow till they refuse to leave your head,i'm satisfied. I like what I hear with this album that goes back a bit,remains fairly commercial without selling out and hints at the future,very smart and yet honest. I think most will be of the opinion this band still triumphs over so much of today's music.
on 30 September 2013
Absolutely love the KOL, so to be honest i'm a bit biased. This is a lot less commercial in terms of musical style and even the 'big hit' Supersoaker isn't aimed at a mass market in the way that Sex is on Fire was. The songs are more laid back and chilled, a sort of return to the past. It's not their best work but if you love KOL then this will keep you happy.
on 27 September 2013
Been a massive KOL fan since 2003 and loved the first three albums. I do love some tracks on this album but over all too many lame ones, Family Tree is just awful. I take no pleasure in this view as KOL have been and probably still are one of my all time favourite bands (based on first 3 albums and selected tracks since!)

To end on a positive- Supersoaker, Rock City, Don't Matter, Temple and Work on Me are top tracks and the rest are still much better than most of the rubbish that passes for music these days!!!
3 stars based on a comparison with other KOL albums not the whole music scene!
on 14 July 2014
I have only recently started listening to Kings of Leon. They are so talented and the sounds they make are amazing. Caleb's strong husky voice is compelling and the instruments dynamic. This album will not disappoint fans. Anyone who needs a boost of life giving energy listen to Mechanical Bull. I love it.
on 25 September 2013
This album sees a triumphant return for the band after a little time away, and it has definitely done them the power of good. Nathan termed it an unofficial greatest hits, and in a way that is the case, as there's something here for old and new fans alike, from the Aha Shake reminiscent 'Supersoaker' to the hard rockin' QOTSA influenced 'Don't Matter', through the celebration of their country roots of 'Comeback Story' and the hard-livin, hard drinkin' 'Rock City' which could easily have slotted onto YAYM. It's difficult to please all of the people all of the time, but the boys have done their best to do exactly that! Stand out tracks 'Rock City', 'Don't Matter' 'Tonight'( kind of 'Closer' meets 'The Immortals') and 'Temple'(which oddly reminds me of The Killers). A must buy for fans of any of their back catalogue, I can't wait to see where their musical journey takes them next.