4.0 out of 5 stars A Practical Resource
In simple terms, either you like Kelby's writing style of you don't however as in all the books of his I have read, he does give you a lot of practical information in an easy to follow form. In fact I've been using Lightroom since version 1 and although the product hasn't really radically changed, mainly it has just evolved in terms of the tools and had a few bits added...
Published 13 months ago by J. Haynes

3.0 out of 5 stars Not such a Scott Kelby fan
You will find a lot of reviews from the Scott Kelby fanclub rating this book very highly. I have both the hard copy and the Kindle version. I have read the book through twice now. I am completely new to Lightroom 5. He kicks off by advising that you should start by organising your files for Lightroom in a separate drive (or drives) and doing this before you begin. This is...
Published 8 months ago by TL

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars A well-known author on a fairly heavyweight subject, 25 Jan 2014
LightRoom 5 is not a simple piece of software; so some decent manuals (Adobe's own do not appeal to me), become a virtual necessity. Some of Kelby's previous writings have put me off him because I find his rather forced attempts at humour no help at all. But, so far, I am managing slightly better with this one. But I may still prefer the one by Victoria Bampton.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great guide, 25 Jan 2014
Bought this having just purchased Lightroom 5, to use as a quick reference to get started. it is clearly laid out, and provides directions to undertake regular tasks. My only criticism, is that the quality of the book binding may not be very robust. I have seen a library copy where the pages had come loose from the binding. Still with personal use, bearing that in mind as a potential problem, it should last.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good logical layout and workflow, 24 Jan 2014
Slowly working my way through this book and there is a lot of good stuff, laid out in a logical approach. If the rest of the chapters are as good as the first few I would certainly recommend it to others.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tutorial book, 22 Jan 2014
This review is from: The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) (Kindle Edition)
This book by Scott Kelby is fantastic, it simple takes your through all the aspects of Lightroom and is very easy to use and follow.
Definitely one for Lightroom users.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like it but...., 13 Jan 2014
I have used Scott kelby books before an like the style and the way he gets the relevant info across to you. My one gripe for this book is possibly due to the Lightroom interface itself. I find it difficult to read a lot of the screenshots because they are often grey on a black background. When the menus are on white background they are fine. I don't know if you can change the colours but I would like to set it differently on my own computer

5.0 out of 5 stars Scott Kelby delivers again!, 12 Jan 2014
Steve Goacher (Yorkshire, England) - See all my reviews
Very straightforward explanations and step by step walkthroughs of otherwise complicated techniques. I bought this as a companion to the Scott Kelby Photoshop CC book and the two complement each other perfectly. Would certainly recommend this to both beginners and established users of Lightroom 5.

5.0 out of 5 stars A book for all photographers, 11 Jan 2014
I found it hard to understand to begin with but slow progress I was rewarded. There is everything in this for all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb book., 9 Jan 2014
I ummed and aaarrred over the various options and ended up going for this one - the good reviews swayed me. Glad I did and would recommend it to anyone with LR5. It's logical and methodical and written in an easy to understand fashion. I originally planned to find my own way round and through LR5, but now I have this book I can't fathom why I would have tried to do that? LR5 is a seriously impressive piece of software and is capable of so much, so why buy something with the capabilities of LR5 and get the most it? The book breaks every single section of LR5 down and explains what and why... If you've ever tried to teach yourself to play and instrument and to read music, then it is possible but it takes time and you do get into some bad habits. Sit down with a proper teacher and you fly by comparison; that's what this book is like. Don't mess around, it's not a lot of money for what it shows and teaches you.

5.0 out of 5 stars adobe lightroom v5, 8 Jan 2014
G. N. Farnell (uk) - See all my reviews
ive yet to get into the book as only just arrived but having said that the book is concise and contains much information and help? unlike other photographer books the re are limited pictures but more written text with less pictures but the pictures still help?
it carries more info than the element books which are more pictures than text so I believe this will be better I have both elements 12 and lightroom 5 both are similar but lightroom has more power but will continue to use both as they compliment each other.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, 8 Jan 2014
Jeffrey (SOUTHSEA, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Hanging moved from Photoshop Elements to Light room I found this book the ideal companion. When I get stuck I just turn to the book for the answer. It is laid out well and easy to understand.

‹ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 | Next ›