on 13 October 2013
I wanted a book that gives me exact details of every aspect of Lightroom 5, this book does just that.
on 9 December 2014
I have purchased a number of Scott Kelby's books over the years and without exception have found them easy to follow and an accessible reminder of techniques and workflows. This time I bought the Kindle version for my iPad and am very pleased with the choice. As far as I can tell the Kindle version is the complete paper version. Not always true for other Kindle titles which may not, for example, include the images in the paper version. This one does.
on 5 November 2014
As always, my main man Scott Kelby writes his books for shutterbugs like me who need plain (keep it simple stupid) words. If you have purchased lightroom, then do yourself a favour buy this book and become an expert.
on 12 November 2014
I still have difficulties with Scotts bad excuses for turning over to Canon. Why not just admit, he had an offer he couldn't refuse. Anyway I love his books and his teaching methods ;-) This book is fantastic.
on 4 August 2014
Nice book by Scott Kelby. Only reason it does not get 5 start is that it is printed on a type of paper that somehow is very
..... Don't know the word, but it is uneven. The pages doesn' t stay flat. Looks like i have been pouring water over them. And i havn't.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 January 2014
Bought this having just purchased Lightroom 5, to use as a quick reference to get started. it is clearly laid out, and provides directions to undertake regular tasks. My only criticism, is that the quality of the book binding may not be very robust. I have seen a library copy where the pages had come loose from the binding. Still with personal use, bearing that in mind as a potential problem, it should last.
on 7 November 2014
If you want to get the most out of Lightroom this is full of excellent and clear explanations of how to do so. Can be used as a tutorial book or as a reference guide to perform individual tasks. Each task is explained with a step by step guide with good screen shots. The reader will have to overlook the authors rather irritating style of writing, which I think is meant to be humorous.
on 14 July 2015
Loved the commentary throughout and reading instructions, I know the programme well but this book really is a must. Well worth it.
Read it on a kindle on holiday. Step by step instructions are clear too. Thanks Scott
on 30 December 2013
All the information required to set up and use Lightroom is in this book. I personally don't mind Scott's sense of humour, yes it's a little repetitive but it is totally harmless!!! The only criticism I would say, is that the paper used for the book feels a little cheap.Feels like it could tear very easily. Buy it before you install LR.
on 22 December 2013
This book is like gold, it will guide you through the features of Lightroom in plain English and save many, many hours of frustration. Anyone new to Lightroom should seriously consider this investment