5.0 out of 5 stars Easy to follow...
I was feeling frustrated by my lack of understanding of the fundamentals of LR e.g. where photos are stored.. even though I had attended a few hours workshop on LR for beginners the tutor failed to take into account that we did not know that LR works like a library catalogue with the originals stored elsewhere. Myself & the other newbies really struggled to understand...
Published 5 months ago by K. Carter

2.0 out of 5 stars Probably ok if you can put up with the style!
Lots of good reviews for this, and being a new LR user, thought it would be what I was looking for. I'm no literary snob, but personally this authors style is just not for me. I just want the facts, clearly and unambiguously prioritised and presented. I found the jokey asides and overly 'pally' informal language etc. distracting and that doesn't make me want to pick this...
Published 14 months ago by Mr D

‹ Previous | 15 6 713 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy way of learning how to use lightroom, 7 Nov 2014
If you want to get the most out of Lightroom this is full of excellent and clear explanations of how to do so. Can be used as a tutorial book or as a reference guide to perform individual tasks. Each task is explained with a step by step guide with good screen shots. The reader will have to overlook the authors rather irritating style of writing, which I think is meant to be humorous.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like what Scott Kelby does in his books, 14 Sep 2014
Mr. D. Kingsman (Glasgow UK) - See all my reviews
As I shoot in RAW ( .NEF) with my trusted Nikon D7000 and use this book as a reference to understanding the programme more. I like what Scott Kelby does in his books, the way it is written, the humour etc... I generally, when looking for programme based/photography based books I always consider Scott Kelby and do have several of them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best book for lightroom5, 21 Sep 2013
This review is from: The Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5 Book for Digital Photographers (Voices That Matter) (Kindle Edition)
What can you say about Scott Kelby lightroom books they are so easy to read and understand. And the latest book is no exception. The paperbacks are massive and expensive . So this time I went for the kindle version. So I could have it on my tablet . It means my book shelf is not getting fuller. I have one negative comment not against the book. When a new version of the software comes out you have to buy a new book. It would be nice to have a mini book with the new features. Being a pensioner I may not afford the next issue of light room six.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Book LR5, 9 July 2014
The textbook Lightroom 5 appears to be well laid out and easy to read with a lot of photographic examples.
I am quietly working through it as there is rather a lot of it. (513 pages plus the index of 18 pages)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 8 July 2014
Excellent book. Well written with a good amount of (childish) humour.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 28 Jun 2014
Excellent. Easy to understand and explained in lighthearted manner.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lightroom 5.4, 16 Jun 2014
Still trying to work my way through the book - having difficulty in understanding just where the imported photos are going and how to recover them easily. A big jump up from Elements 11 and I wonder if it is really worth it for an amateur.

4.0 out of 5 stars Lightroom 5, 13 Jun 2014
Excellent Book, Clearly laid out info. No problems. Should benefit greatly when all info is absorbed.A lot to take in though.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality Publication, 22 May 2014
As you would expect from this author, this book is well written & easy to follow. You can either work through the chapters or just dip in to a certain topic.

5.0 out of 5 stars A very good book, 6 April 2014
I like the way this book is laid out as well as the thoroughness of explaining everything. Good value book if you want to learn about Lightroom.

‹ Previous | 15 6 713 | Next ›