on 4 November 2013
Have two of these machines, one from Amazon and one from local agent, and previously have only had good reliable equipment from Panasonic, however, both recorder/players have been disasters. Their software has been re-loaded and updated twice but they both stop without reason and one has now frozen so no access to a tape or a DVD that are inside. Needless to say the supplier has never seen these problems before. The most annoying aspect is that if attempting to record a late night programme, with a new empty disk to record to, with plenty of space, and set up according to the handbook instructions, the programme is either only half recorded or the machine freezes after a few seconds of recording. Have had a techie friend go over things to ensure no silly mistakes were being made and then the same thing happened to him.
I felt vindicated but very annoyed when the supplier took it away and had the same thing happen to him, allegedly the manufacturer has never seen the problem before!
on 21 September 2013
Panasonic DMR-EZ49vEBK Super Multi Format Combi Recorder with FreeviewGreat value for money. I have had this machine for quite some time now. I have used it regularly without any problem. It has not let me down up till now. It can be used so easily to convert vhs video tapes into dvds and vice versa. Highly recommended.
on 22 November 2013
All previously recorded and finalised discs were processed on my DMR-EZ-27. my sparkling new model rejected them, as incompatible. I therefore treated myself to a pack of new "Verbatim" d.v.d. r.w.discs and tried again, only to be met with "Formatting Unsuccessful !!! (throughout the whole pack of discs) I am, therefore, unable to record on my not inexpensive combi. In addition, the remote will only produce a strange looking hierogliphic on the status screen. I have tried the various cure recommendations to no avail. The unit will, however,play pre-recorded discs. I could have bought a "Billy Bloggs" machine for 25 quid, which would have achieved that. Once bitten!!!!! ,
on 12 February 2014
So far so good, bought it to replace an older system as the Video recorder no longer played and could not be repaired.
Must say though that the start up operation did not work as described and it was a hit or miss process to eventually get the machine up and running. Wanted it so that we could copy old videos to disc ans also have a CD Player. Looks useful as well for displaying photos.
on 1 January 2014
Wanted to play old fashioned video tapes and newer DVDs from both sides of the Atlantic
Easy to set up even for the original techno bimbo
on 23 October 2013
Sorry I HAVE a BROKEN HAND SO CAN'T TYPE but all is well. Would type m ore if i could

Matt Moore