Shop now Shop now Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Up to 70% off Fashion Shop All Amazon Fashion Learn More Amazon Pantry Food & Drink Beauty Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Shop now Shop now Shop now

Format: MP3 DownloadChange
Price:£7.99

on 12 June 2013
La Paz aren't and never were in the mainstream or in the 'big sellers' league, so why try or buy this? Simple really, it's a real good collection of songs, predominantly rock, on the hefty side. New and fresh sounding material can be hard to come by in the rock world and hats off to Doogie White here, who has spent most of his singing career belting it out with some of the best heavyweights around, so what's he playing at here with his original band, La Paz?
Well, there are some seriously good musicians at work here; phenomenal drums + killer bass from Paul McManus and Alec Carmichael. I haven't heard a better tighter rhythm unit than this for a long time, big names or not. Great guitar work and co-writing from Chic McSherry, probably his best ever. But possibly the final nod goes to some superb keyboards from Andy Mason that nail the mood in certain songs. It's not all my kind of style, but the way the keyboards and guitar get it together on Lonely Are The Brave is probably a high point, although I keep creeping back to familiar territory and ramming up the volume on Little Black Book of Songs.
Doogie White is singing as well as ever and deserves a helluva lot of credit here; he's got balls of steel to step outside of the hard rock comfort zone on some of these songs. I'm not going to go on about all the songs on this album, because all that matters is what the listeners think for themselves. There are two albums that have jumped up and hit me in the last 12mths or so that sound fresh, new and a bit adventurous. One of them was Seven Deadly [UFO] and the other one is this latest offering from La Paz. If you're like me and still have a tendency to buy new or re-released albums still being produced by some of the old school in the big names league [Purple, Sabbath, UFO, etc.], you really might want to try this. From my own perspective, I think that some of the eagerly awaited recent releases have disappointed. Black Sabbath '13' [4.5 out of 5 stars?]. Black Star Riders 'All Hell Breaks Loose' [they're great and I thought Bound For Glory was great when I first heard it, but, you kind of know what you're in for after that]. I've been a Purple and Rainbow fan all my life, but Now What?! just doesn't do it for me I'm afraid, because I just don't think the songs stack up as a good body of work. 'The Dark And The Light' does. Hope you enjoy.
on 31 August 2013
What can i say, absolutely phenominal release blues base hard rocking album, shades of 70`s dirty gritty rock, fused with all kind of rock elements, where did this album come from? absolute monster dont drink with the devil. devil in disguise, lonely are the brave i could go on, fantastic rainbow slabs axel rudi pell slabs all fused together to bring us a rock album of the highest magnitude, forerunner for rock album of the year! buy now!
on 22 March 2014
Great album from an underrated group - perhaps after 30 years they will get the recognition that they deserve. If you enjoy rock music then you will enjoy this album.
on 28 January 2014
This cd is AMAZING,the band sound brilliant and there is some wonderful guitar work go and buy it.I also bought the first cd after listening to this.