1 Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Terrific.., 9 Aug 2013
sharon "I listen to my books while working, a... (Falmouth, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Box Office Poison: Halls of Power, Book 2 (Unabridged) (Audio Download)
This is the second book in the series, we find Linnet in Hollywood co-chairing an arbitration, with her vampire boss David - the dispute? do the Alfar (elves) have more of an advantage when going for acting parts within the film industry. Add that some Alfar appear to be going on a killing spree, things in tinsel town are tense.
What I love about this series is that it is not one dimensional, it has layers and I like layers, her inner dialogue, quick thinking and observations had me both chuckling and just wanting more. I especially liked the working relationship with David, although not always comfortable you actually see the rapport and respect growing.
PB does not romanticise the 'Powers' , what a refreshing change! you see their mistakes, vulnerabilities and flaws, with mini plots going on around the main drama, I was not bored.
Add an excellent plot, this is no run of the mill fantasy. I have given 5 stars because of how much I enjoyed the story and varied characters any niggles where washed away.. It real helped me escape for a few hours, great entertainment and narration. Now hurry up PB and bring out the next one..

I would start with 'This Case is Gonna Kill Me' which is the first in the series, which starts off with Linnets first case.