4.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound for a sensible price.
A little bit bigger than I imagined it. It paired easily and instantly with my Nexus 7 (2012). The sound quality and volume is really very good for the price and size.

Published 9 months ago by Mephistopheles

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmdx Jam Plus sound beaten by my Jam classic.
Published 4 months ago by lawrence young

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good sound for a sensible price., 28 May 2014
This review is from: HMDX HX-P240GY JAM PLUS Wireless Rechargeable Speaker for Pairing - Grey (Electronics)

My only dislike is that when it's switched it on, paired with another device or switched off, it plays a melody tone quite loudly. This could be problem for those who like to watch the the early morning news at the breakfast table before the rest of the family is awake.

Overall, the quality is pretty decent and I would recommend it. I may even buy another so I can listen in stereo.

Update:

The melody tone actually plays back at the last volume level set when last used. So the trick is to turn the sound down before you switch off to avoid a loud start up next time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Ooooh Funky!!, 23 Oct. 2013
Amazon Customer - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I had previously owned the HMDX P230A - the model which precedes this one and had found that after a long search trying lots of other speakers and found that was the best one - bang for buck. So I was excited to see how this new model - the Jam Plus speaker sounded... The verdict is in ... FANTASTIC... It's a much larger speaker - probably about twice the volume of the earlier one - and gives a really excellent warm clear sound. No tinny going on here! The speaker also boasts a new function - the ability to use two of these to give left and right stereo. You can set one up as the left speaker and one as the right or just run one as Mono which is what I'm doing. The only small negative is fact it didn't come with an aux-aux cable - so you couldn't use it with a device that isn't Bluetooth, without getting a cable. The earlier model came with both cables, so I can use that one for my PC anyway. Oh and did I mention the Spangly Pink colour?

Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound in a jar!, 26 Feb. 2014
I already knew what I was getting when i ordered as my son has its twin. Great sound quality and simple to use. Pairs easily with any bluetooth device and looks good too. Packaging "Jam" in a jar is genius too

5.0 out of 5 stars better than expected, 6 Jan. 2014
worthwhile going for the plus if you can, The 230 is good but this one is just fantastic, never have I heard a small speaker giving such a good response on the lower end And the fact that you can pair it with another 240 makes it even better

5.0 out of 5 stars Jam Speakers, 22 Mar. 2014
Very easy to set up. Good sound output & build quality. Great flexibility. Good value.
Overall very satisfied. Another good Amazon buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 19 Feb. 2014
bought two of these to work with my ipod and they are brilliant the charge lasts a long time aswell would deffo recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, impressive audio device!, 9 Feb. 2015
This speaker has an incredible sound for such a small form factor and price. This is the second Jam Plus I have purchased, and the third HMDX product I've bought.

I used to work in a technology shop where I would demonstrate various speakers to customers, and I had always been impressed with the original HMDX Jam's sound quality for the price (£25 at the time). When I needed to get a Bluetooth speaker I bought one!

Eventually it came to upgrade and the Plus was first on my list. It comes in amazing packaging, which can be reused as a hard-wearing case. So it's perfectly portable, I almost always have it in my bag. Unfortunately this one was lost, and when I needed a Bluetooth speaker again, I considered other options but chose to get the same again!

Why? I found that my previous Jam Plus was durable, surviving being knocked about (even after losing the protective case), and really shone in all conditions from camping at a festival to just being used in the house. The battery life of this speaker is great, I admit that I mostly use an Auxiliary cable rather than Bluetooth to connect when I'm out to prolong usage, however I find that I rarely have to charge it at all.

The sound quality generally depends on the surface it's on, as you will get a better bass response on a hard surface. However on all surfaces, you still get a great warm sound with perfectly acceptable low end for the size. I am a fan of most genres, and have enjoyed sounds including rock, dance/electronic, hiphop/rap, reggae etc. I have never been disappointed at all with this little device's audio performance!

I was also very happy to see the cost of this on my second purchase, as it was great value at the original price I bought it for, but an absolute steal at this price. Hands-down it is the best portable Bluetooth speaker under £60, and I would even go as far as saying that there aren't any worth the extra cost under £100. If you need a bigger sound, then you can buy two and easily connect them for stereo sound.

The only small problems with it are the lack of inbuilt microphone for conference calling, however this doesn't concern me, and if connecting to a mobile via Bluetooth the same effect can be produced anyway (and works very well). As well as this, the included charger is only a very small (roughly 10cm) USB cable, with no wall plug. However it is simply a standard Micro USB which if you don't have already, can be purchased on here for around £2.

Overall, this speaker continues to surprise me every time I use it, the loudness, audio quality, portability/durability and value for money is spot on for what I need it for. I would recommend to everyone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Hmdx Jam Plus sound beaten by my Jam classic., 1 Nov. 2014
I have just taken delivery of this speaker today Saturday 1st November 2014.Having bought the little brother of this Jam plus the Jam classic just a week before.Reading some of the reviews and knowing how crystal clear and punchy the classic is and wanting to create stereo sound by pairing two speakers.One speaker arrived today as I've said earlier in this review.All went well paired up spot on ready to rock in ten seconds flat.Being a big kid I firstly played a song on my jam classic on full power, excitement wells inside me as this is going to blow the cobwebs off my brain according to some reviews on amazon.Well what a dismal experience this was,not only is the jam classic I have clearer than the jam plus I've just purchased it is in my estimate very much louder.So much so that I played them simultaneously side by side using my note 2 for the jam classic and my note 3 supplying the necessary for the jam plus.There was a marked difference the jam classic blasted the jam plus into oblivion.Can anyone tell me please whether in my opinion I must have received a superlative specimen of the Classic and a bit of a dud in the jam plus.This might go forward to explain the topsyturvey results.I take no pleasure writing this review as I have the other half of my delivery coming Monday the 3rd November 2014 .What happens if the unit yet to come is the bees knees I will then have a lopsided stereo set up going on.Any constructive advice is welcome.Trust me to get a runt of the litter haha.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 24 Jun. 2014
This product is great if you want a lightweight, portable speaker. You can connect very quickly and easily via Bluetooth or via an aux wire. Volume levels are good, and can be surprisingly loud for such a small speaker. Sound reproduction and detail are good too, and bass tones are again surprisingly good although placing the speaker in an enclosed space will greatly enhance the low bass tones. Battery life is good too, 4 hours on Bluetooth and up to 12 via a line in. Would definitely recommend this product for holidays, travels or days out in a park.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worthy Upgrade, 21 July 2014
HUGE upgrade from the previous "Jam" speaker I owned (the "non-plus"). Unbelievable bass and clarity, and the battery lasted a whole garden party on bluetooth one evening, on a single charge. It's a heck of a lot bigger than the "non-plus", but it's worth it for the upgrade in volume and quality. I look forward to buying a second one to use in stereo!

If you have the cheaper edition, don't even hesitate - sell it to a friend, and put the money towards this one.