5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !
omg amazing storyline ! Loved characters story was gritty,heartbreaking,sad,beautiful ending.I'm glad worked out in end,loved it from start to finish.
Published 7 months ago by Dc

2.0 out of 5 stars It's okay
I was struggling to read this book, storyline is everywhere, written like a news story, not flowing, frustrating. It was free but can't recommend.
Published 6 months ago by Shad

2.0 out of 5 stars It's okay, 1 Jan 2014

4.0 out of 5 stars thriller romance, 27 Dec 2013
This review is from: Pinned Up (Pinned Up Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This was a surprising read as it turned out to be a thriller romance. The stars are Nina and Josh. Nina is a sex support worker but also works as a model and Josh works in construction. As the story unravels there appears to be more to their story besides romantic attraction and this is linked to their parents past.
This was a good story well written and easy to follow.
Excellent Kindle freebie.

4.0 out of 5 stars 5 star in places but 4.5 overall, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Pinned Up (Pinned Up Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Initially I was attracted to this book by the captivating and quite frankly beautiful cover. So glad I took a punt on an unknown author. Really suprising read.
The story is a typical boy meet girl, instantly attracted but issues to work through first before they can be together. That being said the story was dynamic, unique and considering it was a debut novel I thought it was fab hence the review to help get the message out about this book. I have already started recommending it to friends. I thought the author had a great style and really captured a sense of place. For the majority of the story I found the dialogue snappy and engaging though I found a few passages were a little stilted/long winded hence why I couldnt award a full 5 stars.
So about the characters and plot...
Nina (Valentina) the main character is a sex crime support worker and moonlights as a 40s/50s pin up model. She is fiesty and has a backbone, unlike so many heroines in this genre. I could really visualise some of her outfits and was so envious of her wardrobe.
Josh is an eco aware construction worker and hot, hot, hot. He is so sweet in his treatment of Nina.
Best friend Kade, bi-sexual, has no filter and is a great side character and provides comic relief.
The plot speeds up about 60% in and focuses on different issues which makes it more of a suspense/thriller.
Its set in San Francisco and I found the author really used this backdrop effectively to help create atmosphere.
The sexy scenes are done well and mostly hot. I personally hate the pet name "Daddy" which is occasionally used but that is just my personal preference and did not put me off the book.
Overall I would recommend this read to anyone who likes a romance with a few twists and a thrills along the way. Will definatley read more of this authors work when it becomes available. I am kinda hoping there will be a spin off featuring Kade. Ms Mitchell my request is in.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing !, 26 Nov 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars arghhh, 15 Nov 2013
This review is from: Pinned Up (Pinned Up Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I dont know i mean i loved the book the drama was amazing! Loved kade omg his non filter self was amazing!!
I wanted to personally kill em like literally at one stage i thought kade and em was ganna have there own book but im soo bloody glad shes out the picture!!
Nina was awesome my god she was!!
Josh was a sweetheart.
It just felt like a lot went down from boy friend drama to family drama to bestfriend drama there was so much loool
But yeah gooooooood book

5.0 out of 5 stars loved henry cavills name drop, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Pinned Up (Pinned Up Trilogy Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
what a fab debut book this is, it had me laughing and crying. i absolutely loved kade and ninna and josh is definitely my new bbf, i really hope there is a follow up to this book, i ll most certainly be looking out for more books by C Michelle