5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful App
Published 10 months ago by mcs

3.0 out of 5 stars What is the point really?
Bought because thought it would be better than the Kindle carousel front end... sorry to say it's not!
I was not a big a fan of the Kindle front end until I bought this app.
The desktop would be great if you could get it to go straight in, but you have to run it like every other app and call it up manually.
Shame the info does not explain that...
Published 9 months ago by Ford Z Consull

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful App, 12 Oct 2013
mcs - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire (App)
This app was free and I decided to try it. It has not disappointed me. It is very easy to manage, you can create your own folders and sub folders. I have used other app organizers before but after a while I found the Kindle desktop was more convenient, although I still don`t like the Kindle carousel. With this App you can sort by install date, you can view the apps as a list or as a grid and it is just like a computer desktop. Having tried it, I would definitely pay for the upgrade. It is so easy to use, I would recommend it to anyone who prefer a desktop view on their Kindle.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 15 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire (App)
Really great addition. Everything is in one place now instead of flicking through the carousel. Looks smart too. Really will recommend it. :)

3.0 out of 5 stars What is the point really?, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire (App)
I was not a big a fan of the Kindle front end until I bought this app.
Shame the info does not explain that properly.
There is also only one screen and you are limited to having 18 icons on the screen. OK, you can create sub folders, but it gets messy!
There are many functions that you can call in the Kindle that you just cannot do through this app, so you end up going back into the Kindle. Making the app sort of pointless unfortunately.
Has fallen over a couple of times with the odd glitch.
All in all, buy it for a bit of fun and if you are happy to throw away 2 quid in cash. It's a fun little app, but the carousel is better.
If you want a whizzy front end, save up for a tablet that has a proper one.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant,works great on my fire hd, 25 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire (App)
Brilliant app, clears up carousel of clutter.organises apps into groups,and makes them easy to find,can't say anymore,worth every penny,great app

5.0 out of 5 stars icons, 27 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire (App)
makes the kindle feel more like a computer i am used to
The icons look good would be nice to be able to change background

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I've been looking for!, 16 Oct 2013
This review is from: Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire (App)
Ever since buying my Kindle Fire HD the only gripes I've had were that I couldn't set my own wallpaper and I couldn't have a traditional Android apps view (instead of the carousel). This app puts both of those things right very well - and reasonably easily. When I first tried out the app I was disappointed, because my chosen wallpaper photo didn't seem to work in landscape view and I couldn't seem to customise which apps appeared on the front screen. BUT... after a bit of experimenting I managed to get commonly used apps (like web browser, emails, contacts, games played most often) onto the main screen and it works perfectly. To get the wallpaper photo to display properly, I had to use my photo editor app to rotate the image clockwise, and then it worked! I now have a Kindle Fire HD with my own wallpaper and an 'Android' desktop, thanks to this app. Obviously the home button sends you back to the carousel, but I've put this app in my favourites so it's easy to switch to it.
The only reason I haven't given it five stars is that it covers the clock at the top of the screen, so you have to close it to see the time. But it's only a minor point and I suppose you can't have everything. Apart from that I'd highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars It's beginning to look a lot like Windows..., 31 Aug 2013
J. Chambers (Georgia, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire (App)
Note: I installed Mobile Desktop on my Kindle Fire HD 7", where it ran without any noticeable glitches.

As anyone who's used a Kindle Fire knows, there are only two ways to sort your apps: Sorted by Title or Sorted by Recent, with either Grid View or List View. If you have hundreds of apps, this just isn't very workable. Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire is a new app that allows you to have a Windows-like desktop for apps and to put groups of apps into folders. I've played around with the Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire enough to have a good feel for it, and I like what I see. By default, the app shows a desktop view. I added several apps that I use every day (email, calculator, Kindle Fire settings, and a couple of games I play a lot). The desktop view alone is a big improvement of the Kindle Fire's native display, but the real strength of the Mobile Desktop is the ability to put apps in folders. The default folders are Main, Games, Utilities, and Others, but you can create folders too. I created a folder named "My Stuff" and selected several apps to put in it. Then I created a "daughter" folder to put inside the "parent" folder My Stuff. So you can "nest" your folders, although I didn't try to see how deep they can be nested.

The settings allow you to use the default background (blue) or load your own background image. You can also check a setting that scans for newly installed apps when the Mobile Desktop runs.

This is an impressive app. I haven't seen anything else in the app store that has the capability and flexibility of the Mobile Desktop for organizing apps. I learned to use it by clicking the different items; it's intuitive enough that no complicated instructions are necessary. (Read the Product Description - that's all you need to know to get started.)

Two thumbs up for a very useful app.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use, 12 Dec 2013
Mrs. M. E. Briggs (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire (App)
this is fine. it is easy to sort my apps now though I would not class it as a most needed item.

4.0 out of 5 stars Puts your Kindle into a much more familiar style, 9 Nov 2013
Heather Greer (Cleggan, Co Galway) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire (App)
I like it. It turns my Kindle into something more like my laptop, and as I add apps, books, etc, I find it works well in organising me. Most times I turn it on before doing anything else. I like the fact that there's an icon (KIndle Launcher I think it's called?) which will instantly bring me back to the carousel appearance of the original KIndle. Good app.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mobile Desktop, 11 Nov 2013
This review is from: Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire (App)
I was uncertain about buying it, but find that it is quicker to use the Mobile Desktop than spin around the carousel.

Mobile Desktop for Kindle Fire