4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Star urban fantasy
Cover & Title - 4 out of 5
Favorite character - Elise

I stayed up so late last night to finish this book and after i finished it, it was all i could think about!
Published 17 months ago by SewShonaSew

3.0 out of 5 stars Not bad
Seems this author has a skill of capturing her reader however amateur this skill may be. Good read.
Bit long winded.
Published 7 months ago by Acapella

4.0 out of 5 stars 4 Star urban fantasy, 20 July 2013
This review is from: Sacrificed in Shadow (The Ascension Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Cover & Title - 4 out of 5
Favorite character - Elise

Elise was a brand new character to me as I have not read her own series, i found her really interesting. A kick-ass female protagonist is my major love. I enjoyed her throughout the story, I think i will have to go and read her series now actually. Not knowing anything about Elise did not hinder me in anyway, I still easily got into the story and the more I read the more i knew about her (and liked). I would definitely say you can read this book without reading the other series that are linked.
The story was fast passed, high emotion, bubbling with drama, action packed and it had twists & turns.. major excitement all round. From start to end I did not put this book down, it hooked me in and I loved it.
I am already looking forward to reading the next book in the series.
I would recommend this & I plan on reading, a hell of a lot more by this author

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 20 Sep 2013
You don't have to read her other books to enjoy the first of this series but to truly understand and get the full impact, you should. This was a great read and so are all the others. Get readings!

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply Awesome!, 5 Sep 2013
Book Passion for Life (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Sacrificed in Shadow is another awesome book from S.M. Reine featuring the characters from her Descent series & Seasons of the Moon series.
Elise Kavanagh (Descent series) is called in to investigate a possible werewolf serial killer by Lincoln Marshall the towns deputy. What draws her into this is the name of previous client who couldn't possibly be among the missing victims & assuming it's a trap for her, she heads to Northgate to see what she can find out. What she finds when she arrives is another thing.... For strange things are afoot in this small town and there are too many coincidences occurring to be dismissed. So, along with the help of the last surviving werewolf pack lead by Rylie Gresham (Seasons of the Moon series) Elise sets out to uncover the truth... but is she prepared for what the truth will bring?
I loved this book, the author just knows how to pull you into her world and keep you there. What I love about her books is that they are a darker paranormal read, the reader isn't spared from the more grotesque details or the violence but this gives them a gritty realness and I wish they would be picked up for a movie. I have always liked Elise as a character, I can connect to flawed characters on a better level than those that seem too good to be true and Elise is one of those characters that you want to see come through all of her baggage and get some happiness - she isn't there yet - but there's always hope. Her skills are amazing and even better now (than they were in the Descent series) in one way and not in another, so a double edged sword but she is still seriously bad ass and I love that about her! Seeing as this is a crossover book we get the characters from the Seasons of the Moon series too and I liked their introduction and how they were tied to this story. I hadn't read that series but following this, I want to, I want to get to know the characters considering most of them were in this and Rylie totally gave Elise a run for her money and really surprised me.
The story line was typical of a `Descent' book and seeing as how I loved those, I was always going to love this. We are brought along on an investigation where the usual suspects are usually the least likely to have committed the crime & where everyone is hiding some skeleton. Elise is a huge factor in this and a lot of this is focussed on her and her acquaintances with the wolves being brought in as they become suspects in the discovery of mutilated bodies, there is a big focus on magic, a lot of misdirection with some big surprises along the way. When you're reading and you think you have it worked out, think again..... but that just adds to the appeal of the book. Its dark, it's creepy, it's exciting, it's kick ass and there's even a little sexytime which is always welcome. Even though this is a new series incorporating two sets of series characters, I did feel like I was missing bits of information and I wished I had read both of the other series in their entirety so I could understand who everyone was and what they brought to the larger world especially Elise because I hadn't finished the series and I feel like I have missed a chunk of her development but that didn't take away my enjoyment of the book because it was simply awesome!.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 July 2014
Excellent read. Addictive

5.0 out of 5 stars A good read., 8 July 2014
This book is a follow on to the Cain Series and The Descent Series. It's where the 2 are joined together. Elise helps Rylie and her pack of werewolfs. Just as I think I have come to the end of a series, it carries on under another name.Very good fantasy writer. Just bought the next one in the Ascension Series. That's a lot of books in the 3 series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacrificed in Shadow, 5 July 2014
Another instalment that gripped my attention. Great to continue the saga and meet old friends. It looks like this series is as good as its predecessor. Cannot wait for the next.

5.0 out of 5 stars Sacrificed in shadow, 26 Jun 2014
This is a great book makes the people who fight together for the people who they love and care for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 Jun 2014
Mrs. Jane P. Porter "PlymouthGal" (Plymouth UK) - See all my reviews
I initially got the descent series free and could not put them down so I bought the ascension series and it did not disappoint. I am hooked. Brilliant

5.0 out of 5 stars Must Read, 18 May 2014
I loved this book as i have loved the whole series. A must read. Can't wait for the next one couldn't put it down.

5.0 out of 5 stars loved it, 2 May 2014
Great the way all the previous serieses mould into this book. Cant wait to get my teeth into the nex one