5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer that is fully assembled at a good price
Published 25 days ago by Henrik Lind

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for
I felt it was important to write a review to give people good advice about this product and prevent other being as disappointed as I was.

3D Printing is a daunting thing to most people, it's still expensive and so hard to make a firm choice when working with a budget so you're tempted to find the cheapest tool out there.

I do own this 3D Printer and...
Published 7 months ago by Mr. C. F. I. Gough

2.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for, 5 Oct. 2014
This review is from: INKBETHINK STUDIO 3D PRINTER (Electronics)

I do own this 3D Printer and had nothing short of failure after failure when using it, the only thing that prevents me from giving this 1 star is my emotional inability to be so harsh about a project people have put so much time into.

My main issues were with the construction of the machine, the vast majority of the parts are 3D printed themselves, the tension arm that helps feed in the plastic to the extruder broke several times and so printing out a replacement was very difficult and often these would not work for long before breaking again. Other problems were with adjusting the bed height when a print starts (something I've found you need to do even with the best printers), you would have to turn the vertical axis threads by hand where as other printers have small calibration wheels on the printer bed itself giving you much more precision.

In the end I had to put this printer to a side where it sits as a reminder of my folly trying to pinch every penny. I was wasting so much time trying to get it to work satisfactory but days and days would go by without much joy at all. For the price it does look so tempting and I sadly fell victim to that, there are other printers out there that may be a little more expensive but I urge people to look to those that are better built and even come with their own much more sophisticated software.

It's a shame a garage project like this doesn't deliver well in a sea of other printers but when you're going to put so much money into what is only a hobby for many people then please spend that little more and get the quality you deserve.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great printer that is fully assembled at a good price, 10 April 2015
This review is from: INKBETHINK STUDIO 3D PRINTER (Electronics)
The price right now is a bargain for a fully assembled 3D printer of this size and it has acceptable cost for shipping. The mechanical design is ok if printing smaller details in height but I am in doubt that you get precision if printing something above 150 mm. Printed parts do not have the same size as specified however this is a common problem for most printers due to material "growth". Print out a few layers first, measure and then make an adjustment for the size using the percent dial before the final print.
The customer service is really good and they usually respond within 12 hours also during weekends.
I wish there is a place where users can meet and exchange ideas so I started a FB group:
Group name is .... Inkbethink. Kind of empty now but contributions are appreciated.

3.0 out of 5 stars slow on delivery but other than that a fine machine, 28 April 2014
This review is from: INKBETHINK STUDIO 3D PRINTER (Electronics)
a little slow on delivery, and a small part was broken under transport.

Other than that i like the machine, it takes a little calibration and then it runs smooth and with a decent finish.

It not able to go to the edges and use the entire printing bed, which means it is not able to print on the whole 20x20 cm bu more 17x17, but with a little drawing and editing the parts are easily replaced.

all and all. I like the machine. It runs as it should and print like it should. A good machine for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic and half the price of the UK, 5 Mar. 2014
This review is from: INKBETHINK STUDIO 3D PRINTER (Electronics)
excellent unit with heated bed, follow the instructions or email for assistance. I was printing within an hour and with resolutions down to 0.1mm. This is an excellent built product i have now been using for 6 months. I like also how if anything was to go wrong it would be very easy to change.
I have recomended it to my friends and if my business gets any busier I will be buying another.

Great product, great support, easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars There is also an excellent after-sales service, 10 Mar. 2015
This review is from: INKBETHINK STUDIO 3D PRINTER (Electronics)
This one actually worked straight out of the box, all it needed was a small amount of calibration and away it went. There is also an excellent after-sales service, nothing is too much trouble for them to help you with your questions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great introduction to the 3D printing world and good value for money!, 25 Oct. 2014
J. Waugh "James W" (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: INKBETHINK STUDIO 3D PRINTER (Electronics)
The great thing with this printer is it is easy to setup and workout where things need configuring if a print doesn't come out right. If I get stuck with anything, the guys at Inkbethink respond to all my emails really quickly with detailed instructions on how to fix it. I can't comment on how good the quality is compared to other printers as I have not tried them, but for me prints look really good and this has been an excellent introduction to 3d printing. I'm surprised how quickly I have picked things up. I have printed so many things, from a money clip to a desktop holder/charger for my mobile phone! I have plans on using this to make some accessories to sell online, which was unthinkable before I got this printer! I think this printer represents good value for money for what I have been able to do with it and I'm sure I haven't tested it to its full potential yet!

The coolest thing is if something breaks around the house (like my Sister's usb housing did) you just design and print a new piece and fix it back together. No more buying parts. :)

One thing I would say is if you buy more filament, don't buy cheap stuff here or on ebay. I ended up ruining the extruder head that way. I have no problems with the PLA from inkbethink. I have ordered rolls in bulk which helps with the postage costs.

Right now the printer is making a case for my ipod nano. Very cool indeed. :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect much - It's not very good., 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: INKBETHINK STUDIO 3D PRINTER (Electronics)
A good price but as someone else said, "you get what you pay for". The build quality is poor, the drive belt for the bed has come free numerous times and we have had to mod the clip that holds it down. We had to make some tensioners to tension the belt because it was incredibly slack and caused no end of problems when printing and it was impossible to tighten it up using the clip on the printer. They say it does ABS, it does not. It really does not.

The bearings under the bed are held "firmly" in place using......masking tape!

It ships with a power supply from a PC, no nice adapter or power pack. It is literally an ATX power supply from a PC case with some tape over the ends of some of the connectors. We have to re-solder most of the connections because they the just fell out due to not being soldered in the first place.

The software it comes with suggest that the bed temperature when, attempting, to print ABS should be 110 degrees but the bed cannot actually get that hot! The hottest we could get it to was 105.

Does it make nice prints? No, not really. The quality is low and it makes lots of random mistakes for no real reason.

I would not buy this again, I would not recommend you buy this 3D printer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very poorly made - many parts are cable tied or ..., 12 Feb. 2015
This review is from: INKBETHINK STUDIO 3D PRINTER (Electronics)
Very poorly made - many parts are cable tied or taped up. The wiring loom to the extruder drags across the bed when in use ripping up plastic which hasn't stuck firmly.

The heated bed is screwed down the corners but the heads stick up meaning the glass can't sit flat against it at the edges, jobs often lift in the corners.

The manual is incorrect in several points, mainly in telling you where to plug the switches into, which I had to repair as the wires fell out.

5.0 out of 5 stars High Accuracy and Prints Fast, 5 Nov. 2014
This review is from: INKBETHINK STUDIO 3D PRINTER (Electronics)
I love the construction of this 3D printer. It overall looks cool wherever you put it and it's durability is awesome for me because I have tested it multiple times. It has never stuck or forgotten a pattern that I have given it. It completes the designs really quick for me so I don't have to wait long amounts of time. This printer has helped me so much in my daily job I have to recommend this to everyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars but am so pleased I took the risk as this printer is fantastic, 10 Feb. 2015
This review is from: INKBETHINK STUDIO 3D PRINTER (Electronics)
Ideal printer fir 3D Printing Newbies.
I brought this printer as my first venture into 3D Printing and, with no knowledge or understanding of what I was buying I took a big risk (this printer does not seem to appear on any Top 10 lists around the net), but am so pleased I took the risk as this printer is fantastic.

Printer arrived Very Well Packaged, and whilst it was not on next day delivery, it was received quiet quickly.
The guidance/advice given in the manual was spot on, by following it to the letter I had a very successful 1st print (printed a spare part for the printer) and have had successive prints since.

The quality of the finished prints are excellent, I made an iPhone 5 case (downloaded from thingiverse) and it fits perfectly, so I'm now looking forward to more successful prints.

Would I recommend this printer to anyone else interested in getting into 3D Printing? Yes for sure!
Would I recommend INKBETHINK as a company? Yes for sure!

I've asked a number of questions of the companies support team, answers have come back same day, so real support backup.

I gave this printer 5 Stars and would have given 10 if I were able too.

INKBETHINK STUDIO 3D PRINTER