5.0 out of 5 stars Essential
I shopped around for a long time trying to find the best camera for us. This one is perfect.

I love that you can move the camera position from the monitor, especially as our little one goes from one end of the cot to the other and back over night! and it zooms in nicely for when they are really small.

Easy to use, lasts through the night and we...
Published 17 months ago by S. White

No squelch function, so always making a buzzing humming static type noise. Wanted to send it back because that really annoys me, but at the time the baby was priority and couldn't be without one.

Pros
Good night vision function - works well in the pitch black.
Good range.
Looks like a cheap phone - compact and reasonably smart...
Published 1 month ago by Nicholas Martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Summer Infant BabyTouch Plus Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)

Easy to use, lasts through the night and we charge during the day while she naps. Will be getting a 2nd camera for expected twins soon!

Customer service were also great when we had a monitor issue, they sorted for us really quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab monitor, 10 April 2014
Bought this monitor after lots of advice from mummy's of children with SN. My lg also has SN and has epilepsy. It's been invaluable love the talk function and the quality of video and sound.
Would def recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, 30 May 2014
Daughter says this is a smashing unit and would recommend it.
Really useful for leaving baby in room whilst doing stuff around the house.
Very portable and she use it as a intruder camera when babe is at my house!

4.0 out of 5 stars I Love Love LOVE this monitor and camera, 30 Jan. 2015
I Love Love LOVE this monitor and camera, very very good.
My baby has slept all the way through the night with this from the age of 3 months.
The reason i didnt award 5 stars is because sometimes it only takes you to touch the screen (not the button) and the menu will come up, causing the light button to sometimes be pressed either in my pocket or just when holding the monitor.
Obviously this is not good when trying to get my baby to sleep.
Other than that its the best money ive ever spent.
Ohh also the temperature is about 6 degrees out but when you know that its very easy to deal with.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was going to buy a Motorola as cheaper but think now I was glad it was out of stock given all the bad ..., 19 Jan. 2015
An expensive item that took a lot of research. I was going to buy a Motorola as cheaper but think now I was glad it was out of stock given all the bad reviews of them breaking down.

All items are well made and show no signs of wear as of yet. ( Only had for 2 months though). Don't expect full HD imaging but is clear enough to see your baby and the closer your position the camera the more details you can see obviously. The Infrared lights work really well even at a distance so night vision is good too. Although we don't have much movement from our child, yet, the pan and tilt do work well with a pretty good range of movement.

Included in the box is a battery box to use the camera in places you don't have power lead access thought it was a good idea. Haven't tried it yet so can't comment on battery life. Battery life on the monitor seems adequate at about 4-6hours ish depending on how much you have the video on. The microphone is very sensitive though so picks up noises very well.

Signal seems pretty good, doesn't alarm you before the battery runs out or looses signal, just a blank screen so keep an eye on battery levels.

Overall very happy with my purchase. Will update if that changes.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, 26 Sept. 2013
It's very comfortable to have possibility to wach our baby sleeping in her room. Especially in the evening.
The nigt view is perfect. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars ... for nearly 3 years now and it has never disappointed. The pan and tilt function is really useful ..., 14 Jun. 2015
We have used this camera for nearly 3 years now and it has never disappointed. The pan and tilt function is really useful and the picture quality both during the day and at night is great - even when the picture is zoomed in I can still see my children. Sound quality is great, as is the portability - I can take the camera to the end of my garden and still get a signal. It is everything I would want in a baby monitor, and after using a monitor without a camera (i.e. just sound) for my first child, I found the camera invaluable.
The customer service was great too - when I first bought the camera (3 years ago), it didn't work - the signal wouldn't connect between the monitor and the camera. So I decided to phone Summer directly rather than go through Amazon. The guy on the phone was great - he sent out a whole new camera/monitor and then said to return the non-working one once I had received the new one. This one has been perfect and has been in use every day for 3 years. Fab!

1.0 out of 5 stars If you can get it for <£40 its ok. I paid over £100 and feel cheated., 27 May 2015

Pros
Good night vision function - works well in the pitch black.
Good range.
Looks like a cheap phone - compact and reasonably smart.

Cons
- Screen quality is awful, but then again these baby monitors all have terrible screens.
- Battery life is poor - mainly due to the use of a non LED backlit screen and no squelch.
- Kills my 2.4Ghz home Wifi - moved to 5GHz fixed this for me.
- Temperature is 4-5 deg C out (for example; It will display 31dec C in a room which is 26deg C)

Desperately needs a modern LCD screen, more accurate temperature sensor, squelch function & better battery life. I haven't seen a decent video monitor yet - hence why I'm still lumped with this one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Alright but I suspect there's better, 2 May 2015
This is a real mixed bag of a product. I love the picture quality and the functionality in general but there are two faults for me: the range appears to be significantly less than on the product spec (we live in a standard 1930s 3 bed house and with the camera in the back bedroom in our lounge at the front we can't get signal). The other thing we bought it for is the temperature reading which is worse than useless as it is heavily influenced by the heat produced by the camera itself (particularly when in night vision mode) therefore the only accurate (or pressulamby accurate) reading is when you first turn the system on, after that the temp reading just goes up and up till it levels at about 27/28c and I'm way too tight to have the heating up that far!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great video monitor would recommend, 8 Sept. 2013
Simple to use monitor that does what it says it does. It's very easy to set up and start using. It comes with long leads that reached plug sockets in my house, cable ties to keep things neat and the added extra of a different plug type if wanting to use abroad.
The picture is good and the sound clear. The camera can be rotated from the parent unit and the camera display on the parent unit is quick and easy to turn on and off. The display will also turn itself off after a while if not plugged in to save on battery. I thought the battery life was good and lasted a while. I liked the fact that when the display is off, the screen is blank thus not causing a bright light in my room at night. I also liked the fact that on the camera in the nursery that the only indication that it is on is a subtle green light and not a bright display or flashing light to disturb the little one. There is the option to switch on a light on the back of the camera unit from the parent unit if so desired though.
I just can't get over how simple it is to use which is all I want in a video monitor. I have seen other monitors that have many more functions which just seem to over complicate things and are mostly unnecessary. I just want to see and hear my baby without fuss and this does just that.
I would thoroughly recommend this product to other parents.

Summer Infant BabyTouch Plus Digital Video Monitor