5.0 out of 5 stars Essential
I shopped around for a long time trying to find the best camera for us. This one is perfect.

I love that you can move the camera position from the monitor, especially as our little one goes from one end of the cot to the other and back over night! and it zooms in nicely for when they are really small.

Easy to use, lasts through the night and we...
Published 13 months ago by S. White

This was a great unit for about 9 months, but at that point was let down by unreliability and terrible customer service.

Published 1 day ago by Giles H.

5.0 out of 5 stars Essential, 22 Jan. 2014
This review is from: Summer Infant BabyTouch Plus Digital Video Monitor (Baby Product)

Easy to use, lasts through the night and we charge during the day while she naps. Will be getting a 2nd camera for expected twins soon!

Customer service were also great when we had a monitor issue, they sorted for us really quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab monitor, 10 April 2014
Bought this monitor after lots of advice from mummy's of children with SN. My lg also has SN and has epilepsy. It's been invaluable love the talk function and the quality of video and sound.
Would def recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great, 30 May 2014
Daughter says this is a smashing unit and would recommend it.
Really useful for leaving baby in room whilst doing stuff around the house.
Very portable and she use it as a intruder camera when babe is at my house!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very decent choice, 11 July 2014
We got this monitor as a replacement, as the mbp-36 got off after 11 months of usage. Overall, it's a very decent choice for its value. We are more satisfied with its battery duration but its room temperature indicator is more than 6 degrees off. The touch screen is easy to use and the talk back feature is really helpful. If it had also some lullabies it would be excellent.

2.0 out of 5 stars It all started so well... Summer Infant have let themselves down, 28 Feb. 2015

The unit itself is simple and was reliable, and has pretty good image quality for a DECT-style monitor. However, at 9 months the battery failed completely and Summer Infant refused to replace it. More or less overnight, it just packed in. Apparently, Summer Infant feel this is a reasonable lifetime, as they refused to provide a replacement, or even an explanation. It's a standard Li-Ion battery, and should have a lot more cycles in it than we had put it through, but was clearly defective. It was at this point I realised there was no guarantee to speak of - no mention on their website either. Oh - and if you want a replacement battery, you have to buy them from Summer Infant.

It turns out that a battery replacement programme does exist because "The battery in certain handheld video monitors can overheat and rupture, posing a burn hazard to consumers". However, they are only replacing certain serial numbers, and they don't seem alarmed that other batteries are showing strange behaviour. I merely got a "your battery ... is not one of the batteries effected by the battery replacement programme".

I'm giving this 2 stars because it was good while it lasted. Amazon have been fantastic and replaced the entire unit, although unfortunately the new one has a very poor picture, so may be going back. I would suggest buying a more reliable brand who provide proper support for their products may be a good move.

5.0 out of 5 stars I was going to buy a Motorola as cheaper but think now I was glad it was out of stock given all the bad ..., 19 Jan. 2015
An expensive item that took a lot of research. I was going to buy a Motorola as cheaper but think now I was glad it was out of stock given all the bad reviews of them breaking down.

All items are well made and show no signs of wear as of yet. ( Only had for 2 months though). Don't expect full HD imaging but is clear enough to see your baby and the closer your position the camera the more details you can see obviously. The Infrared lights work really well even at a distance so night vision is good too. Although we don't have much movement from our child, yet, the pan and tilt do work well with a pretty good range of movement.

Included in the box is a battery box to use the camera in places you don't have power lead access thought it was a good idea. Haven't tried it yet so can't comment on battery life. Battery life on the monitor seems adequate at about 4-6hours ish depending on how much you have the video on. The microphone is very sensitive though so picks up noises very well.

Signal seems pretty good, doesn't alarm you before the battery runs out or looses signal, just a blank screen so keep an eye on battery levels.

Overall very happy with my purchase. Will update if that changes.

5.0 out of 5 stars cool, 26 Sept. 2013
It's very comfortable to have possibility to wach our baby sleeping in her room. Especially in the evening.
The nigt view is perfect. Highly recommended!

4.0 out of 5 stars I Love Love LOVE this monitor and camera, 30 Jan. 2015
I Love Love LOVE this monitor and camera, very very good.
My baby has slept all the way through the night with this from the age of 3 months.
The reason i didnt award 5 stars is because sometimes it only takes you to touch the screen (not the button) and the menu will come up, causing the light button to sometimes be pressed either in my pocket or just when holding the monitor.
Obviously this is not good when trying to get my baby to sleep.
Other than that its the best money ive ever spent.
Ohh also the temperature is about 6 degrees out but when you know that its very easy to deal with.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great video monitor would recommend, 8 Sept. 2013
Simple to use monitor that does what it says it does. It's very easy to set up and start using. It comes with long leads that reached plug sockets in my house, cable ties to keep things neat and the added extra of a different plug type if wanting to use abroad.
The picture is good and the sound clear. The camera can be rotated from the parent unit and the camera display on the parent unit is quick and easy to turn on and off. The display will also turn itself off after a while if not plugged in to save on battery. I thought the battery life was good and lasted a while. I liked the fact that when the display is off, the screen is blank thus not causing a bright light in my room at night. I also liked the fact that on the camera in the nursery that the only indication that it is on is a subtle green light and not a bright display or flashing light to disturb the little one. There is the option to switch on a light on the back of the camera unit from the parent unit if so desired though.
I just can't get over how simple it is to use which is all I want in a video monitor. I have seen other monitors that have many more functions which just seem to over complicate things and are mostly unnecessary. I just want to see and hear my baby without fuss and this does just that.
I would thoroughly recommend this product to other parents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent monitor., 8 April 2014
Definitely recommend this monitor. It does exactly what you need it to do. Great sound and picture.
Need another screen for baby two. However the extra screen is just as expensive as buying the whole lot again, so think we will get another.

Summer Infant BabyTouch Plus Digital Video Monitor