on 18 August 2013
The new Nano V2 is here after a long wait and overall this is a good product. You get 40 pieces in this set including 1 nano V2, 2 platform arenas now in orange and the walls and doors slide out so multiple ones can be joined together. The helix 180 tube is also here and it flips the bug around 180 degrees as it travels through it. They really climb well and two can pass each other in the same tube going in opposite directions at the same time with no problem however two *CAN'T* pass each other in the helix tube. They simply get stuck and no knocking encouragement frees them so you have to take that part of the model apart to free them. This will become a problem if you have several running about and you may choose not to use the helix tube. Sadly there is another problem as well. The nano V2 robots simply are not as efficient and flipping themselves over like the original ones were. Even taking them out of the maze and placing them on the floor, on there back with no obstructions they can take more then 30 seconds to flip onto there fronts and inside the maze it can be worse. Sometimes the new 'legs' (3 of them) which are on the top of their body get lodged in the movable flags and stop vibrating altogether. It is easily possible to design mazes where the bugs never come out of the tubes upside down which corrects this problem to an extent. I have 2 Nano V2's and they both do this. Overall a great toy and all the original V1 nano track and accessories fit this new system.
on 1 April 2015
I purchased three sets of these for my sons 3rd birthday I got the 180 helix v2, infinity loop v2 and a v1 construction set. He is the boy who has everything so finding toys to buy is hard. These toys do have a couple of problems that people have reported but I found simple fixes for all the ones I've encountered. The construction sets have stop/go doors in the set. The 180 helix the bugs get stuck going straight up the tube to the black helix tube so I put a stop go door at the bottom so it would stop them going up the tube that way. I also found that the V2 bugs couldn't go up the Orange ramp on the construction set so I put a stop door at the bottom and put a grey up ramp and used the Orange as a down ramp. Yes from time to time the bugs wil get stuck I just tap the tube and they are on there way. They do sort themselves out usually if u leave them but can take them a while so you can just tap the tube. Sometimes they get stuck on there side so you have to flip them upright. The V1 bugs will not work on the V2 as they are not designed to go up the tubes. The bugs are about £1.50 so I don't see this as an issue really I just took the V1 bugs out and left the V2 in and it works fine. Great construction toy that adults will enjoy with there kids. The V1 track is a little flimsy my 3 yr old broke a piece straight away by yanking it and snapping the connector. It's not for a 3 year old to setup themselves but now it's all setup he likes playing with the bugs and even uses little play people and pretends giant bugs are chasing them. Will def be purchasing more sets to add. I have put a picture of how I combined the three sets and the doors to stop the bugs getting stuck. The people who say you have to take the tube apart to get the bugs moving are talking nonsense you just tap the tube or just move it up and down if it's really stuck and they will be on there way!
review image review image
on 12 December 2013
Got this for my 4 year old's birthday as he loves his existing single layer Hex Bugs. This brings it to a whole new level (literally). He was amazed that the new one couls climb and we have spend ages making different tracks! We have had to buy a second set cause he loves it so much that he wants to build more.

The only bad thing is that previous Hexbugs can't climb so they are stuck on one level.
on 21 January 2015
Best price for this we could find anywhere. My son couldn't believe his luck when he got Amazon vouchers and was able to get the Helix180 to go with his other Nano V2 tower. If you like little electronic bugs that climb and move about like they are alive, this is awesome fun.
on 14 March 2014
Bought for our grandson and he loved it. Also bought a different one for another grandson. They can be linked together to get a bigger toy, keeps them well occupied. Quite fascinating these little nano bugs.
A good present and would recommend.
on 17 January 2015
When you see these on YouTube they look really good. The reality however is frustrating and disappointing. Though they can climb, they frequently get stuck, and the modular connections are sometimes very difficult to disconnect at best and impossible at worst. A couple of the pieces I can't use at all now because I just can't disconnect the end pieces from them (and yes, I know you're supposed to pinch the sides when pulling). The're considerably more noisy than I expected. After the first hour of play my fingers were very sore from trying to disconnect the white pieces and I felt like throwing the whole thing in the trash. My advice would be to get just one of these sets to see what you think of the system before going ahead to buy more.
on 18 February 2015
My daughter loves the nano v2 helix because it's small enough to be carried everywhere.She finds the tubes really interesting, keeps her entertained for ages.Another wonderful product from the makers of hexbug toys.
on 9 January 2014
My 8 yr old loves this! He loves the way the Nano runs round the loop and manages to go vertical! He has also linked it with his brother's Infinity Loop! Hours of fun. Not as big as I expected it to be though...
on 10 September 2014
the kids loved this only issue it has a black twist in in the course. if you have 2 "bugs" on the go at once they sometime struggle to pass each other at this point other that that hours of fun already
on 5 October 2013
They make the best stuff I reckon. This one features nano bugs that can travel up and down and upside down through see-through sections. Be aware these bugs are crap at re-righting themselves if they are on their backs because they will flap around for ages trying to get back on their feet. Bit of a drawback as you are forever turning them back over. But hell, so what? Get in there and give 'em a hand, (ok, a leg up!)
And they get stuck in the twisty tube thingy, in fact they get stuck in that two-way flap thing as well.
They do get past each other (if you have two bugs) and you can build different "tracks".
All in all it's ok but the claim on the box they self-right is only correct should you have a good few minutes to spare and don't mind persistent clattering for minutes! Record so far is 5 mins 13 seconds for one nano on its back refusing to go right way up. And they musy have known that when they created these, but hey. Tough on us customers eh?