1 Review

4.0 out of 5 stars Motherland, 15 April 2014
This review is from: Motherland (MP3 Download)
I was first introduced to the music of Toni Castells at a Camilla Kerslake concert and I knew I had to download this album as it has the songs which I love the most: Annabel Lee, Promised Land, Life is not Long Enough to Forget You. I also love Only Human, I've Made a Cloud Today. This album is a mixture of easy listening pop and also classical type arrangements with orchestra, the melodies are beautiful and there are some really moving lyrics, especially in Promised Land ( which also has a great arrangement with cello and piano, but with a much more dramatic middle section with percussion) and Life is Not Long Enough (another fusion piece with guitar and also a string section, it features stunning vocals and instrumental sections. This is a varied album, with some songs more classical and others more pop and some with lyrics and some with vocalise, this adds to the excitement of listening as you don't know what is coming next. I am so glad I was introduced to this composer as he is very talented and I would urge anyone to buy this album, especially if you are looking for something a bit different.

Motherland