4.0 out of 5 stars Midnight Breed prequel novella
Published 13 months ago by Sarah (Feeling Fictional)

2.0 out of 5 stars fail, but...
Published 14 days ago by Sadie Forsythe

4.0 out of 5 stars Midnight Breed prequel novella, 18 Aug 2013
Sarah (Feeling Fictional) (Kent, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: A Touch of Midnight: A Midnight Breed Novella (Kindle Edition)
The A Touch of Midnight novella is set several decades before Kiss of Midnight and is the long awaited story of Gideon and Savannah's meeting. I have loved this couple since the very first book so I can't begin to tell you how excited I was to finally read their story and I enjoyed every second of it. The story is set in the 70's and I thought Lara has done a fabulous job of creating the atmosphere of that time period. It was fun to see Gideon when he was a full on warrior going out and kicking rogue butt, I'd always wondered why he now remains on the compound and away from the action and my questions have now been answered.

I'm not going to talk about the plot for the story because it would be too easy to give you spoilers so I'm just going to say that I now love these characters more than ever. Savannah is a smart young woman who has an unusual ability and it was nice to learn more about how her Breedmate gift works. She is thrown in the deep end when touching an object gives her a horrifying glimpse of the Breed, she doesn't understand what she has seen and it is up to Gideon to explain things to her. Gideon is as fabulous as ever, he is protective of Savannah and you get to see a glimpse of the funny computer geek we already know and love. As you'd expect their meeting is anything but straightforward, especially when Gideon's nemesis has Savannah in his sights, but they are a brilliant couple.

I did feel that the romance moves a little too quickly but that didn't bother me as much as it usually would, party because I know things have to move faster in a novella than they would in a full length novel but mainly because I already know these characters so well and am fully invested in their relationship. This is a great addition to the series and it was nice to get another glimpse into the pasts of the core members of the Order (Lucan, Tegan, Dante, Con, Rio and of course Gideon). By the time I'd finished reading the novella I was seriously tempted to re-read the whole series again, in fact I may just have to do that before Crave the Night is released next year.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant, 29 July 2013
Wow!!! IM a huge fan of the midnight breed series and loved this short story about Gideon and savannah as ive always wondered how they came together. You wont be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 28 July 2013
Ms Bennett (Leicester England) - See all my reviews
This is a pre-sequel to all the books Lara Adrian knows who to do pre-sequels lol
I had to shake my memory to how some of the characters were in the beginning of the series but I loved it and it was fun watching this book progress.

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, 25 July 2014
This a totally amazing book, fantasy, romance, very visual and you can really feel for Savannah. Can't wait to read the next one

2.0 out of 5 stars fail, but..., 7 Sep 2014
Pompous, overwritten, rushed and containing every cheap PNR cliché known to man. However, I think (though I may be giving it too much credit) that since this was published well after the bulk of the book, it is intended for pre-existing fans of the series, whose well entrenched love of the Breeds would carry the day. Perhaps it has more meaning and resonance for such readers. This is the first of the Midnight Breed books I've ever read and I WAS NOT IMPRESSED.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 14 April 2014
Lara Adrian does it again, as she continues her epic saga. Once opened I couldn't put it down, really love this lady's writing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Lara Adrian book series, 23 Oct 2013
I love this book series from Lara Adrian. I love Gideon and Savannah's story. Cannot wait for the next book to come out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Midnight Breed Books by Lara Adrian, 10 Dec 2013
I love vampire themed books and Lara' s are an entertaining, action packed, seductive, addictive collection. Can't wait for her latest release.

5.0 out of 5 stars If this is a geek, I'll have one please!, 8 Aug 2014
Too short!! I love Gideon, and I wouldn't have been happy with something twice as long, to be honest. It was great to see how Gideon and Savannah got together - there wasn't a dull moment, that's for sure!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love all these books, 10 Sep 2014
Love all these books, well written and they hold my interest. Yes, we can predict how they will end but the author has knack of making the journey enjoyable.