Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Refreshed in Fashion Shop now Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop Now Shop now

TOP 50 REVIEWERon 18 August 2013
Matt Simmons injured in action is not healing from his injury. His sister Mara is concerned and persuades him to make an appointment with a physical therapist. Who just happens to be their former babysitter Penny Lewis.

After a rocky start their patient, therapist relationship gets on track. But the sexual tension and chemistry between them burns bright. But Penny is the daughter of a military man, and has vowed never to get mixed up with a guy in the forces. All that constant moving around is not for her. She wants a quiet life living in the one place putting down roots. But Matt is turning out to be very irresistible.

First read for me by this author, and I liked this book a lot. Yes it's part of a series, and I have not read any of the other books. But I found I picked up who was who very quickly. I liked Matt he oozed sex appeal, Penny was a no nonsense woman, but with a soft centre. I would recommend this to all of you who love your romantic reads.
ARC courtesy of CrushStar Romance and NetGalley
on 7 September 2013
He's the Man. The Alexanders, Book 3. M. Malone.

Arc supplied by Netgalley.
I'd read a couple of books by this author - and really enjoyed the fresh and easy writing style so requesting this one was a simple choice. As it happens I've also another one on my TBR list :) - I'm a bit of a free book addict so grab them quickly as I read such a lot.
Matt is out of the Army, medically discharged unless he can recover from his injury and get his strength back. He's grumpy as it seems to be getting worse not better, and his sister makes him try another physio. He'll do a lot for Mara, they're twins and very close and he knows his mental and physical state worries her. He's in wrong frame of mind when he meets Penny, had a phone call from a workmate telling him about their new deployment and he's upset to miss being with them, and the journey is horrendous so when he meets Penny he's ..well, rude and condescending about her work. She used to babysit him and Mara, and tells him he was a brat then and he hasn't changed. They part badly, and later he reflects and feels he needs to apologise. He ends up being her patient and the sparks simmer between them with her determined to a) not date a patient b) not date anyone in the military. She grew up with father in military and was always going from home to home, she can't face that life nor the danger it places on the other person. But - they both feel soo attracted that eventually they give in, on the basis of just here and now and no expecting a future. Yeah - like that happens!
I love Matt, understood his grumpiness. Pain is depressing, and add to that he'd lost the job he felt was part of him and he was like a spare part in the world, looking to find the right fit. He sees Penny and immediately he's overwhelmed by her, and wants her...and slowly he wears her down.
Penny, she's been with boyfriend Scott for three years now, but she's never felt for him the way she feels just looking at Matt. She's not one to cheat though so stays thinking it'll work out, until there's something that brings things to a head and they part. Matt makes her heart race, makes her feel alive, none of that happened with Scott and she's lost, all her safety restrictions seem to fall down in the face of his determination. First they go out as friends, then they become closer. I loved Penny, understood her motives, but could have kicked her sticking to them when Matt powered all her synapses. Still, slowly she let him in all the while convinced she had it under control, that he was just a temporary thing til his treatment ended and he went back to military. But the best laid plans go wrong and there's some tears before too long and she realises just how she feels. Is she too late though?
Great book, seeing the Alexanders and their friends again was like meeting people I felt I knew, and lead to a familiarity that made the book such an easy but enjoyable read. There was lots to understand - I felt for Matt over the physio stuff, and not being able to do what he wanted. Penny was great and didn't put a cap on his expectations - she knew that needs to be found by the patient. Good physios do that - sadly they are too few. When I first had my amputation (most of left leg) I had twice daily physio in hospital for two months, and made great progress as the ladies there were so encouraging - " you want to continue horse riding - of course, we'll work to that" then I came home to a one hour a week appointment, and the first thing the physio said after reading my notes and meeting me was "of course you'll never be able to run, but we'll try to get you walking...." I was so let down and discouraged after having been encouraged not only to walk and get back to work, but to ride my horse. As it happened she was right, but in the same way as I needed to find out work wasn't on for me - I had a physical job, I needed to accept my limits myself not have them set out for me - I needed to be the one to decide what I could and couldn't do. Its a huge mental thing and very very important. Penny in the book is just what a great physio should be, I don't know if author has experience in that field but she's got what patients need spot on !!
So, great characters, meeting old book friends, story that's fun and sad at times too - overall a good read and priced at £2.54 for 224 pages/601kb its a bargain. The only thing that stopped it being five stars for me was that I needed just that bit more contrast emotion, higher good points and deeper parts where the tears come in...but that me and for others this will be a five star read I'm sure.
Stars: like I said - a good solid four star read.
on 12 October 2013
Another truly amazing book by m.Malone I loved how they didn't hit it off at first it was quite comical the way they acted with each other they've both strong characters and it was really nice seeing them come to love each other. I like series's that let you Cary on with all the previous people we've read about its like one huge happy family. I can't wait to read about Kay and eli as I'm sure they will get together eventually.
on 5 July 2014
I we ant my own Matt ;-) I've loved this series from the begining and I can honestly say it keeps getting better and better ;-) all I'll say is if you haven't read any of these book yet then you are seriously missing out! Please read this series . It is sooo worth it and if I could give it more than 5stars then I would. Can't Waite for more xx
on 18 August 2013
I'd been impatiently waiting for this to be released having read all the previous books in the series. I've liked Matt right from "Teasing Trent" so I was glad to finally read his book. I probably enjoyed Nick and Raina's book more as that was a little more firey, but that's just their relationship - this is still a fab read featuring two great main characters as well as all the other regulars who we get updates on. My only disappointment is that I've finished it already! Looking forward to "Christmas with The Alexanders" in November but super excited for Eli's story early next year which promises to be a cracker!
on 13 February 2014
Well what can I say another great Alexander family story again but with Matt and Penny falling in love this time with more ups and downs that we could cope with in this country. A great set of books for all lovers of romantic fiction.
on 18 November 2015
This is the third book in the Alexanders series, I haven't read all the ones before but got the gist of all the other couples in this book. (Each book represents a different couple ). Matt's an injured war veteran, and Penny's his physical therapist...and soon the sparks begin to fly. She, apparently, used to babysit him and his twin sister but their ages weren't mentioned. At times it read like a teenage romance and the sex scenes were over in a paragraph. In all honesty, even the action bits were unexciting...but it was free.
on 13 February 2014
Always look out for this author and the Alexander series is brilliant. Strong, emotional and sexy storyline. Matt is a friend of the Alexander family but has a very close relationship with all the brothers but once he meets Penny again it brings back what family means to him. This book had excitement and couldn't put it down. Family always stick together hurry up with future books.
on 16 September 2015
I really didn't like this book, characters had nothing to really like about them & apart from sex scenes nothing really happened.
Thankfully it was free so I don't feel cheated & won't bother with the other books even if they are free.
on 22 September 2014
Enjoyed this. Loads of characters. As first read of series needed more background as I was a bit lost. Also location wise. All confusing. Good story but would have been better with a bit more explanation. Liked matt and penny.