5.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy Note 8
Published 11 months ago by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Unreliable faulty product
The notebook was working well for three and a half weeks, then it stopped working. It could not be switched on or off, it could not be recharged, however there was about 50% battery life remaining before it completely packed up, so it was not because there was no power available. It was sent back to Gooddeal4you. It's been over a month since I returned the item on the...
Published 4 months ago by Andrew

5.0 out of 5 stars Galaxy Note 8, 29 Jan 2014
This review is from: Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N5120 8-inch 4G LTE/3G/WiFi UNLOCKED Tablet (White) - Support 3G, LTE & Cellular Network (Electronics)
A really excellent quality product. It does everything I want it to - everything it is supposed to do - smoothly and precisely. Yes it is large for a telephone but I knew that when I bought it and it is not a problem. It combines everything I want in one package and once I get the 4G up and running I'll have the best of all worlds in one small, beautifully designed tablet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pleasant readings, 24 Dec 2013
I have just started to enjoy my new device, Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 is a perfect tool for the reader that does not want to carry around another device for calls, phabletastic! And is great to have the SPen to make annotations, quality drawings, etc...

5.0 out of 5 stars No competition, 27 Dec 2013
Brilliant. Just plugged in my SIM and it was ready for use. I have read reviews that say that the screen resolution is poor compared to other phablets but It's plenty good enough to read ebooks and watch videos.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent portable tablet, 9 Jun 2014
Picked this as I wanted a tablet with 4G capability, but without the restrictions of data-only tablets. Since this is technically a (very) big phone, you have the option of unlimited data plans like GiffGaff GoodyBags or Three PAYG unlimited. I doubt I'll ever use it as a phone, but might send the odd text. I have a GiffGaff SIM in mine, and just stick the £12 GoodyBag on whenever I'm traveling, which gives a month of unlimited data. Of course if you are using it as your main phone you just stick your normal SIM in.

The screen resolution is fine form me, although its half that of the S4 phone, I find it bright and clear. The screen is very responsive, and apps open and run smoothly. I prefer the legacy Android browser to chrome, The version I bought is still running Jelly Bean so no problem with flash video, once the kitkat update rolls out I think the only option for flash will be Dolphin/Jetpack

Like most Samsung devices it comes loaded with all sorts of Samsung Bloat. I didn't want to root the device, as I use Sky Go, so to get round the worst of the bloat I just disabled the apps I'll never use. I also installed the Nova launcher which I find better than Samsung's own. Some of the preloaded stuff is good - Polaris Office is fine, WatchOn works great with Sky, and the Screen Mirroring works fine. For screen mirroring the other way (from your Telly to the tablet) and older version of SmartView works much better than the one on the Market now (V3.17 works best for me)

This is my first "Note" device and personally I'm not getting much use out of the stylus. That may change over time, but I'm finding I can do everything I need without it. The 8" form factor is very nice, previous tablet was 7" and the extra screen size is nice without adding too much to the overall size.

My only slight niggles so far are (very minor one) "ac" wifi would have been nice, and also that with a flip case, when you fold the case back on itself it shuts the screen off. Not been able to disable that yet. Like I say very minor and all in all I'm very please with the tablet and would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this tablet, 21 Dec 2013
Another amazing product from Samsung. I have had the Galaxy Note II for sometime and needed something with a larger screen but very handy. I have not been disappointed. Well done Samsung. Just what I needed. Very fast compared to my earlier Galaxy Tab 10.1, excellent at multitasking. Video quslitu excellent. Will recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Service Only Review, 30 Jan 2014
Not had tablet long enough to say good or bad so far is excellent.
Ordered just after Christmas so expected a fairly long wait for delivery however, arrived well within expected deivery date. Communication from GameCyberShop kept you up to date on what was happenning and answered questions I had in a timely manner.
Recommended, Thanks GameCyberShop

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it, 14 Sep 2014
I delayed submitting a review for this item for a few months just to check that everything worked ok.

The seller delivered the Note quickly and I had a quick response to my delivery query - in time for my hols.

Well packaged.

The Note is easy to use with a very clear screen. I have used it a lot - watching videos, iplayer, kindle app, email, making notes with the s-pen, skype - which all work very well. I don't play games on it so can't say how good they would be.

I use the phone and text function - although the pad is a little large for a conventional mobile phone if you use it with ear phones it works very well.

Connects to WiFi easily, easy to insert the SIM and plenty of storage space.

Very happy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A veritable Swiss army knife of a tablet but no iPad mini., 18 Nov 2013
I'd hazard a guess that there's a new Note 8.0 coming soon, as the phone company sent me the 5120 with no upfront charge. With quad core internals much like the Galaxy Note II, the 8.0 is very smooth, fast, and pretty much lag free. The display is excellent and should you be brave enough, using this 8 inch bhemoth as a phone is almost practical if your hands are big enough. My only complaints are that the battery life lags severely behind the iPad mini cellular model and that Google chrome is still stuttery when scrolling, as well as the aforementioned browser for some reason failing to support S-pen page scrolling. But all in all, this is an excellent all round device and comes highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic tablet, 15 Nov 2013
I am delighted with the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 N51208-inch 4G LTE/3G/WiFi UNLOCKED Tablet (white)Previously I had the first Galaxy 7inch and have been delighted with this also. So much so
I wanted to buy one which was slightly bigger but just as light and which was faster and more up to
date. I bought the new one so that if my old one let me down I would not be without my tablet which
is so much a part of my life. The N5120 does everything the write up says it does. The weight anf feel is
perfect when using it as a Kindle and can be held easily in one hand when lying in bed to read and being
able to read in sunlight is a big bonus over the older Galaxy. I am seventy five years old and only say
this so that older people will not be afraid of tablets as they are easier to use than a computor and
can be used in the comfort of an armchair. Thank you Samsung.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very pleased, 3 Aug 2014
Very plussed with the look of the note 8 the fact that it's a phone and tab all in one just suits my life style, only draw is the battery life but researching the cause of this problem as my wife's battery in her one last longer than mine and you have check all service providers to find which would supply the sim for calls and data but over all very pleased.