on 27 December 2013
This steamer replaced a cheaper but far inferior product (Quest Handheld Steam Cleaner, 1000 Watt).its useful because i can compare it to that, they both do as it says on the tin, however the Hoover model delivers a much better performance:
higher pressure
Quicker heating
Better tools (not much in this aspect though)
Much longer lead, looks about 8ft (this is needed if steaming a shower and no electric point in the room)
Really good at dissolving Kitchen Grease therefore using less detergent.
Larger water Reservoir
Hope this helps?
11 comment|327 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2013
At first I was wary because of the low price. In the past I've tried budget shopping-channel type steam cleaners and they've been no more than rubbish toys, I've also used a friend's expensive Polti (costing hundreds) which was excellent. The Hoover is like the Polti but without the price-tag or size. The Hoover is well-built and solid, it's about 80% of the size of a typical kettle and light enough to hold in one hand.

Initially I was pretty underwhelmed, I hadn't read the instructions and I'd just tried naked steam on some tiles and it was poor. I then found that choosing the right tool for each job is very important. This little marvel removed hardened burnt-on grime from my hob and inside my oven effortlessly (I had resigned myself to having to purchase some strong chemical cleaner for that job). I have also used it to clean wall tiles, floor tiles and sinks, all came up sparkling, the steam pushes dirt out of the hard-to-reach areas so easily. This is a super gadget that won't end up next to the juicer in your appliance graveyard.
11 comment|314 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 August 2014
work really well for defrosting the freezer
on 27 April 2014
Excellent. Lots of attachments. Good buy! Very happy with this purchase. Better than my old one which was also good.
on 7 August 2014
At long last something that really does clean my shower doors. I use the shower every day so it gets pretty smeared. I have tried all sorts including bleach and it still looks awful. this really does clean the glass.
on 12 May 2014
started off loving this purchase before even opening as the brilliant delivery guy had asked a neighbour to take it in.
living in a block invariably have to collect everything from delivery offices.
smaller than a kettle with several nozzle options it was straightforward to unbox and looked pretty simple to use.
instructions are scant. some picture instructions which were not that helpful.
i think more detail would've been useful.
what nozzles work best on what surface etc.
so i experimented with positive effects.
I've never used a steam cleaner and primarily i bought to remove some marks off a light rug.
i ended up doin the entire thing. TWICE. i found it quite satisfying and has contemplated buying a new rug.
no need now.
i then got quite into it. used to brighten up the grouting in the bathroom and shower.
cleaned bits of wood with ingrained dark stains on wooden floor and steps.
because of the size of the tank, it did need refilling a few times, but in a small apartment this did the trick well.
i would say that at one point i tried to refill( stupidly) whilst it was still hot and i could have burned myself from the steam which shot out the top. I'm sure the pictures indicate this but i didn't really read them.
overall would highly recommend for small infrequent jobs.
once you start it's hard to stop.
only water needed as well, no chemicals.
0Comment|125 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2014
Brilliant,loads of steam pressure,very pleased.well worth the extra money as cheaper versions do not clean any where as well as this.
on 29 January 2014
Very pleased with this little gem of a find. It's portability and versatility is a plus and have gone mad steaming everything. Recommended
on 15 March 2016
Very impressed. Made light work of a hob that has not been looked after. Took off burnt on grime with next to no effort on my part due to the brushes. See picture of oven door. 3 years baked on crime. Cleaned half in less than a tank full of steam. Only effort was using OXO Good Grips 1285700UK Deep Clean Brush Set to remove the grime as it softened off.
review image
on 26 February 2016
Moved into our new house which the previous owners had left in a bit of a dirty mess. This product was invaluable as well as incredibly rewarding when used to clean the kitchen. Would recommend this product.