1,785 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars talk about the worst first mission ever
Went to see this movie the other night on impulse and without knowing anything at all. Not a huge fan of either of the leads but for some reason i just had this idea in my head that it would be worth it. I had no idea what i was in for but i treated myself to an IMAX ticket. I sat down and got comfly with some popcorn...

The start sequence is so amazing and...
Published 18 months ago by Susan Appleby

3.0 out of 5 stars WHAT WOULD GEORGE CLOONEY DO?
Published 18 months ago by The Movie Guy

3.0 out of 5 stars WHAT WOULD GEORGE CLOONEY DO?, 3 Nov. 2013
I found the film boring. Sure the view was stunning. Great sets. Great actors. But seriously, what did you expect would happen after disaster struck? One of two things were going to happen: Either they were going to survive or they won't. The film is consumed with us getting to that point. Sandra Bullock in a space suit reading a tech manual trying to figure out what button to push. Real? Authentic? Sure, but so was my yawn.

The visual effects are great on the big screen. I will be honest. I despise films which consist of one person being trapped and having to survive the whole film, because I know one of two things are going to happen...

What the film really needed was a big rubber headed alien to save them and probe their privates.Sure, I would have complained about that too, but at least I would have stayed awake.

BTW I loved 2001 because it mentally engaged me. This one did not because I knew one of two things were going to happen...

Parental Guide: Bullock lets loose one early F-bomb after a few S***s didn't suffice. 3 1/2 stars for Bullock in shorts. What did I do with my copy of "Fire on the Amazon?"

5.0 out of 5 stars talk about the worst first mission ever, 12 Nov. 2013

The start sequence is so amazing and probably one of the only place for you go grab a breath before all hell breaks loose, literally. By the time the movie was over i had not even touched my pop corn and had almost torn the arm of the chair from the tension. My heart was racing but i was smiling my head off and wanted to watch it all over again. I could have watched another 5 hours of this movie yet it was perfect the length it is.

I am simply dazzled and amazed by the work that went in by everyone involved in making this, there were no short cuts or cheap shots. the acting is beyond the call of duty and must have been such a mind job. Bullock is outstanding and deserves a massive reward for her performance. Clooney just stole my heart from the beginning and fit into his role nice and snug.

Seriously, do yourself a favour and treat yourself to watching this superb movie with a huge screen and roaring sound that shakes the ground. I am most certainly going to see this again. Then im getting the bluray.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE ONLY WAY TO WATCH THIS FILM, AND THAT IS IN 3D, 20 May 2015
This review is from: Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I was put off from watching this film because I am not the biggest fan of Sandra bullock, but am glad I changed my mind, because I just loved her in this film, so for me she has changed my mind, well almost. The picture plus sound is amazing and it sounds stunning through your surround sound system, especially when the meteorite storm hits. This is a great film which I will never watch in 2D.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hanging on for dear life, 21 Nov. 2013
Antenna (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This technically brilliant film contains beautiful shots of the earth viewed from space, there are some tense moments as the two space workers (Clooney and Bullock) struggle to survive when they find themselves stranded after a disaster not of their making and it is intriguing to watch them floating about surrounded by a motley collection of objects and dealing with weightlessness in a matter of fact way, at least until calamity strikes. As with most adventure films, the desire to create ever more exciting situations sends plausibility spinning into the outer galaxies and it is probably an advantage to be ignorant of some of the basic laws of physics. At the end, despite the ludicrous twists, the film succeeds in leaving you with a sobering sense of mortality combined with the strengh of the will to survive.

"Gravity" is definitely greatly enhanced if seen on a large screen in 3D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 2 April 2014
Fred P (Leigh-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Wow! It needs more than one viewing to follow everything ( I am 76, after all ), and I recommend listening to the sound with headphones to get the full claustrophobic effect. Stunning.

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! When less is more!, 9 Mar. 2014
I am sure that the grownup movie loving fans here have praised Gravity for what it is already.

Let me just add: Its a bold film! The film needs at least a surround system at home to really unfold, due to the subtle nature of the soundtrack. Seeing this film on a plain flat screen tv, will not allow you to feel the soundtrack as it was intended, and it really carries lot of the sensation of this masterpiece. I was not bored for a second watching this.

The Blu-Ray comes with a lot of extra material about the extremely difficult making of the film. Very impressive stuff. Also a genius short film that spins off on the "conversation" the lead role has with a greenlandic hunter - is a peach.

I am looking forward to enjoy this again. This story could not have been told in any other way, and to me sets a new standard for moviemaking. When less is more is the truth for this film. A lot can be learned here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking, Literally!, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
A gripping film with stunning visual effects. Althoughnit was so much better in 3D it is still a breathtaking experience in 2D still. The soundtrack is perfect and the acting is superb. It is a film that anyone can watch and enjoy. The DVD comes with a brilliant short film linked to Gravity which is also very entertaining. Another thing I love about this film is the favt it is all in real time (uncut) which means you really get the feel of the tension and fear the astronauts are going through. A film that will not be forgotten and a DVD that shoukd be owned in every household.

3.0 out of 5 stars good effects but George Clooney and Sandra Bullock, 23 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
good effects but George Clooney and Sandra Bullock??? no way would they be astronauts. Big hype around this film when it came out and to be honest it wasnt worth it.

3.0 out of 5 stars good effects, good acting, 19 Dec. 2014
J. A. Davies "jason_davies85" (north wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
thats it, just ok. good effects, good acting. forgot i watched the film and nearly watched it again a month later, till i was told. worth a watch but no way 5 stars

3.0 out of 5 stars ... been a sci-fi addict for many years and have loved many of the films that have been produced over ..., 3 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Gravity (DVD) (FSK 12) (DVD)
I have been a sci-fi addict for many years and have loved many of the films that have been produced over the last twenty years but I was disappointed with this film that had been so hyped up. It wasn't a bad premise to base the film on, the acting was good, the effects were totally believable but it was boring! It is difficult for one actor to sustain a complete film, it can be done - Silent Running was one such - and I really like Sandra Bullock as an actor, but for me it just didn't work as well as it should have done.

Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free] by Alfonso Cuaron (Blu-ray - 2014)