5.0 out of 5 stars talk about the worst first mission ever
Went to see this movie the other night on impulse and without knowing anything at all. Not a huge fan of either of the leads but for some reason i just had this idea in my head that it would be worth it. I had no idea what i was in for but i treated myself to an IMAX ticket. I sat down and got comfly with some popcorn...

The start sequence is so amazing and...
Published 20 months ago by Susan Appleby

2.0 out of 5 stars One of the most boring films I've seen even though Sandra is one of ...
One of the most boring films I've seen even though Sandra is one of my favourite actresses. I guess the film has to be seen on a very big screen with sound effects, but not on a humble home television set.
Published 2 months ago by Micky Byrne

5.0 out of 5 stars talk about the worst first mission ever, 12 Nov. 2013

The start sequence is so amazing and probably one of the only place for you go grab a breath before all hell breaks loose, literally. By the time the movie was over i had not even touched my pop corn and had almost torn the arm of the chair from the tension. My heart was racing but i was smiling my head off and wanted to watch it all over again. I could have watched another 5 hours of this movie yet it was perfect the length it is.

I am simply dazzled and amazed by the work that went in by everyone involved in making this, there were no short cuts or cheap shots. the acting is beyond the call of duty and must have been such a mind job. Bullock is outstanding and deserves a massive reward for her performance. Clooney just stole my heart from the beginning and fit into his role nice and snug.

Seriously, do yourself a favour and treat yourself to watching this superb movie with a huge screen and roaring sound that shakes the ground. I am most certainly going to see this again. Then im getting the bluray.

4.0 out of 5 stars Hanging on for dear life, 21 Nov. 2013
Antenna (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
This technically brilliant film contains beautiful shots of the earth viewed from space, there are some tense moments as the two space workers (Clooney and Bullock) struggle to survive when they find themselves stranded after a disaster not of their making and it is intriguing to watch them floating about surrounded by a motley collection of objects and dealing with weightlessness in a matter of fact way, at least until calamity strikes. As with most adventure films, the desire to create ever more exciting situations sends plausibility spinning into the outer galaxies and it is probably an advantage to be ignorant of some of the basic laws of physics. At the end, despite the ludicrous twists, the film succeeds in leaving you with a sobering sense of mortality combined with the strengh of the will to survive.

"Gravity" is definitely greatly enhanced if seen on a large screen in 3D.

5.0 out of 5 stars THE ONLY WAY TO WATCH THIS FILM, AND THAT IS IN 3D, 20 May 2015
THE OUTCAST (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
I was put off from watching this film because I am not the biggest fan of Sandra bullock, but am glad I changed my mind, because I just loved her in this film, so for me she has changed my mind, well almost. The picture plus sound is amazing and it sounds stunning through your surround sound system, especially when the meteorite storm hits, and the ending was just stunning, plus what a beautiful and original soundtrack. This is a great film which I will never watch in 2D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow!, 2 April 2014
Fred P (Leigh-on-Sea, Essex United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Wow! It needs more than one viewing to follow everything ( I am 76, after all ), and I recommend listening to the sound with headphones to get the full claustrophobic effect. Stunning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking, Literally!, 9 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
A gripping film with stunning visual effects. Althoughnit was so much better in 3D it is still a breathtaking experience in 2D still. The soundtrack is perfect and the acting is superb. It is a film that anyone can watch and enjoy. The DVD comes with a brilliant short film linked to Gravity which is also very entertaining. Another thing I love about this film is the favt it is all in real time (uncut) which means you really get the feel of the tension and fear the astronauts are going through. A film that will not be forgotten and a DVD that shoukd be owned in every household.

4.0 out of 5 stars Well conceived 'extras', 8 July 2015
R (Llanon, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Lived up to my expectations, the bonus being the 'extras' and particularly the short film revealing the other side of the 'phone call' made back to Earth towards the end of the film.
Also an incentive for us all to spend every free moment devising a space vacuum to save the planet from the disgraceful debris our scientists are depositing above our heads!

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW! When less is more!, 9 Mar. 2014
I am sure that the grownup movie loving fans here have praised Gravity for what it is already.

Let me just add: Its a bold film! The film needs at least a surround system at home to really unfold, due to the subtle nature of the soundtrack. Seeing this film on a plain flat screen tv, will not allow you to feel the soundtrack as it was intended, and it really carries lot of the sensation of this masterpiece. I was not bored for a second watching this.

The Blu-Ray comes with a lot of extra material about the extremely difficult making of the film. Very impressive stuff. Also a genius short film that spins off on the "conversation" the lead role has with a greenlandic hunter - is a peach.

I am looking forward to enjoy this again. This story could not have been told in any other way, and to me sets a new standard for moviemaking. When less is more is the truth for this film. A lot can be learned here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for those that gravitate to this sort of film, 24 Jun. 2015
bernie "xyzzy" (Arlington, Texas) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) a medical engineer. Is testing equipment in space when a slight mishap snowballs into a full blown disaster. Now Stone and astronaut Matt Kowalski (George Clooney) must work together and use their ingenuity if they have a chance at survival.

Many movies really solely on their story for entertainment. So worrying about the type of movie Blu-ray or 3-D is not necessary. So this would not normally be entered into a review. However in the case of "Gravity" (2013) the visuals of Lake Powell, Arizona, space and Sandra are important enough to warrant Blu-ray and even 3D treatment. I suspect it is just a matter of time before it gets the "4K" treatment. And even though space is silent the back ground music adds character and does not distract from the presentation.

Next to you I am probably one of the last people to see this movie. I watched all the hype for and against it. And for people who think Sanders hair didn't fluff up at the right time that's bunch of fluff. This film will keep you on your toes and ends way before it should.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best space film ever done, proving that out there nobody can hear you scream - VERY literally!, 11 Nov. 2013
Maciej "Darth Maciek" (Darth Maciek is out there...) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This is an AMAZING film, which I enjoyed greatly! This review includes very LIMITED SPOILERS.

At 90 minutes this space drama is a rather short film - but it packs much more tension, drama, scares and adventures than many two hours and a half action films. Only two actors really appear in it - three other people show themselves extremely briefly and elusively and there are also some voices on the radio and that is all. But those two actors are in fact exactly as much as this film needs and limiting the numbers was an excellent idea!

Almost all action takes place in space and a great effort was made to give this film a feeling of reality - especially the absence of sound in space is strictly respected, with muffled noises being heard only when one of the heroes holds some metal and hits other metal with it (metal, unlike void, conducts sound, even in space). One could think that it will hurt the film - but one would be VERY WRONG! It is actually exactly the contrary!

The rhythm of the film is very fast - an emergency occurs very early in the beginning and then all hell breaks loose and it continues until the incredibly dramatic, grandiose finale, with only brief pauses to catch breath. In the cinema where I saw this film, most people abandoned all attempts to munch after five minutes - me included. And I really like my popcorn...

This is NOT a sci-fi movie! The technology shown in this film really exists and purely in theory such a thing could really happen. Fiction elements were added by keeping the US space shuttle in service (they are all retired now) and by giving it a fictitious name, "Explorer". Real life space shuttles were named respectively "Enterprise" (the prototype, not capable of space flight), "Columbia", "Challenger", "Discovery", "Atlantis" and "Endeavour" - there never was a shuttle named "Explorer", but the name sounds like one a real shuttle could bear. Another fiction element is the presence of the Chinese space station "Tiangong", which is already fully operational, when in real life its construction should start only in 2020. BUT, the technology seen in this film is all there and there is no aliens, there is no mysterious forces, etc. - of course it is an adventure made in Hollywood, but in its nuts and bolts this movie is very realistic.

Both Sandra Bullock and George Clooney are excellent in this film. In fact I believe Ms Bullock deserves at least an Oscar nomination for this role. Clooney's character offers him a little less opportunities to shine, but he does it nevertheless!

I usually do not like 3D AT ALL, but in this film it actually adds a LOT! I advise strongly to go see this film on a big screen AND IN 3D, as long as it still plays in theatres! I will probably buy the Blu-ray version as soon as it is available, because here every pixel counts, but still, on a smaller screen and without a good 3D "Gravity" will lose part of its firepower.

Bottom line, this is an AMAZING, GREAT film which I loved in cinema and I absolutely want to re-watch it again. And again. Enjoy!

5.0 out of 5 stars good quality DVD and well packaged, 1 Jun. 2015
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Quick delivery, good quality DVD and well packaged, recommend.

Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free]
Gravity [Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray] [2013] [Region Free] by Alfonso Cuaron (Blu-ray - 2014)