1,054 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars I enjoyed it....
Despite the pre release plaudits for Gravity, I approached this movie without any preconceptions although I must say that I considered cancelling the order following some of the negative reviews on Amazon...I am glad that I didn't.
I found the film quite fascinating. It's not an action or adventure but more of an intense survival roller coaster that had me hooked...
Published 4 months ago by P. F. Cope

3.0 out of 5 stars ... been a sci-fi addict for many years and have loved many of the films that have been produced over ...
I have been a sci-fi addict for many years and have loved many of the films that have been produced over the last twenty years but I was disappointed with this film that had been so hyped up. It wasn't a bad premise to base the film on, the acting was good, the effects were totally believable but it was boring! It is difficult for one actor to sustain a complete film, it...
Published 17 days ago by Catlady

‹ Previous | 176 77 78106 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Edge of your seat thriller., 12 Dec 2013
Bish "}{ellraiser" (Melbourne, AUSTRALIA) - See all my reviews
The story may have been a little bit hard to swallow but this movie does what all quality cinema should.... It keeps you on the edge of your seat for almost the entire hour and a half.
Bullock is superb. She sucks you into the movie and together you head on a wild ride. I forgot I was watching a film shot entirely with CGI. The special effects are some of the best I have ever seen.
Make sure you see this in the theatre (preferably Imax 3D.)
Cannot wait for the Blu-Ray.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb, 11 Dec 2013
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Had hoped it would live up to its hype, and it did... forget the storyline and the standard American sentiment and just enjoy the ride . The film was made I suspect to rely upon the 3D effects, which were superb. I didn't actually see the tear drop emerge from her tear duct but it floated towards me quite gracefully. The whole idea of zero gravity suggests more than a physical release from the gravity of life on earth and this made the film sufficiently worthwhile as a medium for bringing us down to earth as we attempt to transcend those irresistible demons which hold us down... Sandra Bullock is not my favourite actress but together with Clooney who was clowning his way through life and space at the same time, she put in a great performance, albeit with her trademark hysteria at times. Don't go to see this film if you want either Clooney or Bullock to dish up some special chemistry, as this film works because they don't compete either with each other or the 3D effects; they are integrated with the action and although we know that one has to survive at least, there is no guarantee at all.
I enjoyed the sheer visual force and applaud the technical teams who put it together so thoughtfully. Well done.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it - beautiful to behold BUT how should it have ended ? SPOILERS, 4 Dec 2013
well - stop if not seen the film, for me the film would have ended perfectly if as SB was stretching on the sand she looks up - oh whats that ? - and a hurtling body in a space suit falls out of the sky and kills her. Wallop. Good yeah ? Got better well stick it in the comments below....How Gravity should have ended...

5.0 out of 5 stars Breathtaking, 31 Oct 2013
Amazon Customer (LONDON United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
I was really looking forward to seeing to this film, and it surpassed my expectations. Quite simply one of the most beautiful films that I've ever seen, resulting in my sitting there for 90minutes with a dropped jaw!
In my opinion, a modern masterpiece.

1.0 out of 5 stars and the talents of both actors was absolutely wasted. Rubbish, 18 Aug 2014
Mrs. Carole Buttle (Kent UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
This film should be for kids. Not for adults, and the talents of both actors was absolutely wasted. Rubbish, floating around in space is what this film should be, just let me take it up there and add it to the other rubbish up there. Total waste of time unless you are about 9 years of age, do not know what they are doing, putting this out there for adults.

1.0 out of 5 stars ZZZZZZZZZZ, 11 Jun 2014
This review is from: Gravity [DVD] [2013] (DVD)
Would I be wrong to say this was the most overated film of all time? I fell asleep the first night I tried to watch it, then gave it my best attention the next evening.....wow....this was boring!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 6 Aug 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 9 July 2014
perfect

‹ Previous | 176 77 78106 | Next ›

Gravity [DVD] [2013]
Gravity [DVD] [2013] by Alfonso Cuaron (DVD - 2014)
10.00