4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Car Seat
Published 20 months ago by R. Patel

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright and cheerful, not sure how useful
Yes I know the design looks bright in the picture but it doesn't prepare you for how bright it is in real life. My car seats are usually black and understated but this one, which I put behind the driver's seat, was quite distracting in the rear view mirror! However, the children liked the design so that's a plus point I guess!

The seat is big, you're not going...
Published 20 months ago by S. J. Mitchell

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent Car Seat, 26 Sept. 2013
R. Patel "Bush4ever" (Texas) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
The Cosatto Car seat is a very decent seat. I personally like the design and colours Cosatto have in Troop range, they are vibrant and of good quality. The main factor should be can you clean the seat effectively i.e. spills and other dirt and grime. This passes on this test, with chocolate and drink. So, easy to clean. I've not fully dismantled it yet to see if you can take the whole cover off, but I'll update this when I do.
The ladybird design is good and yellow and black is suited for either male or female child. The nice thing about this seat is that it has ISOFIT. This just clicks on to my car and fasten the seat belt, job done, no faffing about with making sure is the belt this way is it securely tight, is the restraints sufficient, will my child undo the safety clasp and so forth. It is securely fit with ISOFIT, no way a child can unclip the seat. I remember my son use to unclasp the safety belt and I had to stop the car in the middle of the road and he still kept doing it until I wrapped some cloth around it and tied a knot.

The seat states it will last a child from 9 months to 12 years. I'm not sure it would last a 8 year old child as my son is 8 years old and he would be too big for it. I guess you may have short children. But, the 8 years I know, would not firstly fit in this seat and also I doubt they would ever want to sit in a seat that specifically looks like a child's seat. So, I guess this seat would realistically last from 9 months to 6 years. After which booster seats are more practical and take less room.

Another thing as a parent is that if your child has not been use to this type of seat, then he/she will not like this type of seat. As this seat has a differing restraint system, it is a piece of ABS plastic that restrains the child it is better in one way as the so called impact shield restraint kind of locks the child in place, some kids view it as a table to play with or others think they feel trapped and do not have the freedom to move around as the normal belt system.

My younger child didn't like it, they refused to have it on as they felt..., 'well too restrained'. So, I put them in the other car seat. The younger they are the better as they are less conscious of it and therefore get use to it. But, some children actually like it as it is different and they can rest there arms on it. So, it is a individual preference of child. So, what one prefers another may not. The height adjustments and recline adjustments are very good and you can tell allot of thought has been put into the design of the car seat. I believe foremost safety was the main point in making this car seat.

On average by buying this one you will save a fair few bob as you don not need to purchase a booster seat and this would last up to 6-7 years dependant on your childs size. I do not believe it is practical after this point as the car seat is big and takes up space and I have a large car as it is, but you can't get 3 of these in a row, two yes, but not three.

So, overall a good car seat, better than the other makes and models, that are black or grey and boring. I believe having something a child likes actually makes the child sit properly. So, top marks to colours and design. Four stars for now as it is strong, robust and comfortable seat, but the true test has just begun a year or two from now, we will see what state it is in.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, 10 Jan. 2014
I recomend this product.
Easy to install and universal fit.
Side wing adjust to grow with child.
Very nice colors.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cosatto car seat, 22 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Cosatto Troop Group 1/2/3 Car Seat (Pablo) (Baby Product)
This is perfect for my little one . She has small shoulders and was pushing herself out those normal car seat and would hang forward in the seat . I was looking for something which is not like the usual straps in the car seat nod de this fit perfect. This is the best buy ever for me as my little one loves it and she is much much safer in it now . Very happy with this car seat. It works off the seat belt and slots in via isfox . My eldest whose almost 6 also fits perfectly in it also . It's worth paying that little extra for a car seat as you will be pleased !

4.0 out of 5 stars Still doesn't like long journeys a seat can't change that but at ..., 9 Aug. 2014
Price initially put me off but with small child escaping from 5 point harness thought for peace of mind while driving would try it! She loves it picked ladybird design herself. Still doesn't like long journeys a seat can't change that but at least can't escape! She is secure without being squished in. Does look bulky but no bigger than last seat and fits in my small car even with another car seat in back. So if lasts as long as says it should and for safety worth it as a cost per use out weighs initial expense. Would consider buying another for other child.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quality is Expensive, warranty is peace of mind, 18 Sept. 2014
Fantastic buy, my daughter may moan but most kids do but once in she loves it!
I love the colour and know one else has it which is good! (Know one in my vicinity) Cosatto can't fail when it comes to design and quality. The products are expensive but quality comes at a price and the warranty gives peace of mind.
Amazon delivered efficiently as usual..

3.0 out of 5 stars Bright and cheerful, not sure how useful, 29 Sept. 2013
S. J. Mitchell (Surrey, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The seat is big, you're not going to be able to get three of any seat in the back if this is one of them. However, it fits in simply and easily with the Isofit system and feels nice and secure.

I ordered this thinking it was merely a booster seat (my mistake for not reading properly) so was surprised when it turned up and is actually a stage one seat also, with the chest restrain rather than 5 point harness. I was pleased as I've always been a bit intrigued by them but alas, my daughter wasn't. On the first outing she point blank refused to let me put it anywhere near her. With perseverance (bribery) she eventually let me put it on but she screamed blue murder the entire time. It's supposed to allow them more freedom of movement than a 5 point harness but actually she looked like she was pinned to the seat and seemed unable to move her arms properly.

So, over it went to the 5yo. As a booster seat used with the seatbelt it works just fine and my daughter was pretty pleased with it. She said it was comfy and was happy enough on a fairly long journey. But, as stated before it is big and there wasn't a lot of room in the middle for a schoolfriend that required a lift midweek.

So, to sum up, it's not my cup of tea as a stage one seat, although I appreciate that is personal choice and may suit other children better, and as a high back booster there are seats that do just as well that are half the size. But Amazon, change the main picture as it is misleading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colourful&safe, 29 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Cosatto Troop Group 1/2/3 Car Seat (Pablo) (Baby Product)
Colourful , smart , comfortable and safe. Something different instead of the usual black and Grey affairs! Lots of jealous mums at the local toddlers group!!

1.0 out of 5 stars Not a lot of seat for the money, 18 April 2014
This review is from: Cosatto Troop Group 1/2/3 Car Seat (Pablo) (Baby Product)
The price that was payed I expected more really hard to use with a toddler easy for them to get out and free Rome on the back seat

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic! !, 5 Aug. 2014
Fantastic car seat
It has given us completely no worries as our son could escape out of our old one but he's very secure in this one and also a lot more comfortable :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 Nov. 2014
This review is from: Cosatto Troop Group 1/2/3 Car Seat (Pablo) (Baby Product)
Our boy stopped screaming since we got this seat