5.0 out of 5 stars Watch it!
Published 18 months ago by R. Forse

1.0 out of 5 stars A really poor comedy
A film of swearing and cheap formulaic comedy that relies on base humour. Wasn't my cup of tea at all.
Published 1 month ago by MR JONATHAN P SCRUBY

5.0 out of 5 stars Watch it!, 22 Jan 2013
R. Forse (Taunton, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This has been on the 'to watch' list for ages, and for some reason I kept putting it off. Perhaps I thought I was too old to enjoy this kind of film anymore (I'm 30) but when there was nothing else to watch I finally gave in and put it in the player; why did I wait so long? It is exceptionally funny with many, many laugh out loud moments. I actually had tears in my eyes more than once and that just doesn't happen often.

The casting is spot on and Jonah Hill in particular manages to nail his character. His delivery and mannerisms are excellent and he's really becoming a favourite in our house.

It's something really quite special, I can't recommend it highly enough. Every once in a blue moon a comedy comes along that is a riot from start to finish and this film achieves this with aplomb.

5.0 out of 5 stars Comedy At It's Very Best !!!, 1 Jan 2013
I gave this film the highest ratings because it made me and my brother laugh so much. In my opinion this is one of the best comedies of 2012. The story is about two amateur american cops, who after nearly making an arrest get sent to 21 Jump Street. This when the action packed comedy filled with rib tickling humour really starts. I'm not going to say anymore about the film as it will ruin your enjoyment. But overall Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill made this my favourite film on release in 2012 because they played their roles so well also the witty humour what was used from start to finish.

5.0 out of 5 stars :), 4 Jun 2013
funny film :)
well worth watching....arrived next day
its about 2 police men who have to go under cover to a high school :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Would recommend, 30 Nov 2012
Very good, see twice at cinema, would def recommend. Is a must watch, great stocking filler, I got for other half as one.

5.0 out of 5 stars laugh out loud, 24 Nov 2012
Mrs. S. M. Codd (Germany) - See all my reviews
very funny film, some very funny bits in it. And for the the females out there it is a must as Channing tatum is gorgeous!

1.0 out of 5 stars A really poor comedy, 24 Jun 2014
This review is from: 21 Jump Street (Blu-ray)

4.0 out of 5 stars They're going in WAY too deep, 10 July 2012
Jules (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Schmidt (Jonah Hill -Superbad) & Jenko (Channing Tatum -The Vow) are a pair of dumbass new police recruits that went to high school togher. Jenko was the athletic jock, in with the cool kids but his grades sucked. Schmidt was the insecure slim shady wannabe nerd, trying to be with the cool kids. They helped each other out in police graduation, and now they are going back to high school as undercover narcotics cops. The only difference is this etime around, they have no idea how getting in with the kids works, and they're real life experiences are being flipped upside down as they change roles & experience what the other went through, all while trying to infiltrate the dealer & find the suppliers of a new drug called HFS. It's one crazy ride.

Overall i found the film to be very funny & absoloutley crazy with it's humour. The fact that they try to pass themsleves off as brothers adds to it, with Tatum a 6ft+ man mountain of hunk & Hill a squat big titty nerd. This is picked up on in the film as well, to say they arent taking themselves seriously would be an understatement, they look like they are having a blast, and that's exactly how it comes across on the screen. The car chases & shootouts were a nice touch too, counter balancing the comedy in places.

I was very impressed with Tatum's performance, usually he fails to impress me, but in this comedy role he seemed to have found his calling. Jonah Hill was his usual witty self, blasting out those usualy witty remarks, he really had his work cut out to match Tatum me thinks. Ice Cube (Boyz N The Hood) as Captain Dickson, was brilliant as the sterotypical black Captain, loud mouthed & quick with the quips, the best performance outside the lead pair. The teachers were pretty hilarious too, with Rob Riggle (The Other Guys) as the cocky, inmature gym teacher. Ellie Kemper (The Office) as the Chemistry teacher who has the hots for Tatum. The kids were cool too, Brie Larson (United States of Tara) & Dave Franco (Fright Night) although they didnt have as many good lines as the rest. Watch out for a certain Hollwood A lister's cameo near the end ;-)

In conclusion, 21 Jump Street is a good action comedy. The humour is rude & it's crude, so stay away if your easily offended. Reccomended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Where did that come from !?!, 8 Nov 2012
Rob Simpson "noframeof" (Middlesbrough, England) - See all my reviews
The comedy leanings are sublime and will ensure this film has a dedicated fan base. The usual mark for a comedy film to be funny is about 6 or 7 laughs, 21 Jump Street reaches that landmark in the opening 20 minutes of its 109 minute running length. The opening third might be manically funny and it might never reach that zenith again, however that's not a slight, the opening third is just that funny. Any film that makes me cry with laughter ensures it has a place in my heart. That 5 minutes sequence where Hill and Tatum have to take the drugs to prove themselves is the most I have laughed at a new comedy since Black Dynamite.

However funny, 109 minutes might be a bit long for a comedy and the middle third might not flow as easy as the rest of the film, but this is a dark horse of a film that came out of nowhere and won over many. This is an excellent film, directed with a perfect balance of the surreal and the touching by its directors and a dazzling script by Michael Bacall. The comedy might not be to everyone's taste and it might occasionally take the joke too far, but those who enjoy a weirder style of comedy will enjoy the hell out of 21 Jump Street.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh And Funny., 6 July 2012
21 Jump Street is the funniest film of 2012 so far.
A true surprise, I wasn't expecting anything from this film and went to see it because the word of mouth was so good.
It turned out to be one of the funniest films in years, a film that made me laugh from start to finish and it has two very likable leads in Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill.
21 Jump Street is one of my favorite films of the year and one that will stand up to repeat viewings- its feel-good, funny and fresh.
I'm Looking forward to the sequel already and watch out for Ice Cube in a film stealing role!

5.0 out of 5 stars You just can't go wrong with it!, 25 April 2012
Occasionally, among the lazily-made dross that passes off as comedy these days, you get a film that is funny because the stars are likeable, have a great rapport, a great range of emotions and expressions, can handle both silly and serious situations, and have a good plot to work with that's both believable and surreal. This is such a film. Most importantly, you like the two guys and actually care whether they work things out between themselves, and get their job done. You don't really get that in films like The Hangover. Because they are not 1-dimensional annoying man-children, 21 Jump Street feels like a brilliant mix of Superbad and The Other Guys (this last cop buddies comedy you must watch too, it made me laugh just as hard).

21 Jump Street [DVD] [2012]
21 Jump Street [DVD] [2012] by Channing Tatum (DVD - 2013)
6.36