5.0 out of 5 stars Great game
Realistic and great graphics! Would recommend! I want more of the old cars! Gilles Villeneuve's Ferraris! Alan Jones Williams 1979
Published 9 months ago by Marc Paradis

3.0 out of 5 stars Hm.. Money grabbers springs to mind.
I should probably start this review with, if you haven't played 2011 or 2012, buy this game as the fresh new experience definately gives this a 4*/4.5*.

But to those who've played the previous ones, there's not really a big reason to go ahead and buy this one.
Published 10 months ago by S. A. Rutter

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 9 Nov 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded my expectations!, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: F1 2013 (PC CD) (DVD-ROM)
This game is simply brilliant. If you're a fan of F1, I thoroughly recommend purchasing it.

If you have played dedicated F1 sims before, you won't be quite as impressed as I am, but as a first time buyer of an F1 sim, it's brilliant!

5.0 out of 5 stars Intense, accurate, 4 Nov 2013
This review is from: F1 2013 (PC CD) (DVD-ROM)
I am a Racing Sim Fan since Geoff Gramonds GP -- F12013 has taken the experience to new heights of realism. And then -- the chance to drive Lauda's T2 -- pure thrill!

3.0 out of 5 stars Hm.. Money grabbers springs to mind., 11 Oct 2013
S. A. Rutter - See all my reviews
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: F1 2013 (PC CD) (DVD-ROM)

The big advertisement for F1 2013, is the introduction of old school F1 cars and drivers being introduced. Now initially when I heard this, I thought, what a great idea! It's not until you install the game to come to realize, it's only 5 cars, and 2 tracks you're given. (Legendary ones)
Sure as a Brit playing as Mansell is great, but does it change the experience? No, not at all.

The old school cars themselves do feel differently, not a huge amount. Of course the interior and exterior look completely different, and it's more careful driving. You can't attack the corners like you wouldn't in the modern f1 car or you'll spin out immediately. So I wouldn't say they was overly fun to drive in. Also there's no grand prix for these cars, you can only use them in exhibition and online (Which is probably where it is best used, online)

Other than that, a few minor tweeks changed, I noticed you're spin out easier through tight corners if you're keeping your finger firmly down on the accelerator. Game forces you to ease your way into it. Also a good feature added is the ability to save midway a race, seeing as the lap length is extremely long in career mode.

Everything else is the same. Does this warrant a release of an entirely new game? For me personally, no. The new stuff added could have easily been a cheap DLC added. There was a time a properly licensed F1 game would come out once every 3 years, and I think it should stay that way. Bringing an f1 game out each year is ultimately going to lose it's great feeling in time, and I think 2013 does that when you've bought the previous titles.

For those buying f1 2013 as their first F1, by all means, buy it! It's fantastic. For those who've played the previous ones, I wouldn't bother, you'll feel like you've wasted your money. (Although for 20 quid it ain't bad for the PC)

4.0 out of 5 stars f12013, 6 Nov 2013
This review is from: F1 2013 (PC CD) (DVD-ROM)
very good game but not alot as changed from f1 2012 f1 2011 and f1 2010 but still a good buy

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have for F1 fans, 4 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: F1 2013 (PC CD) (DVD-ROM)
having played all the f1 games I feel this is by far the best f1 game so far it really is a must have to all those who enjoy f1 you won't be disappointed

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: F1 2013 (PC CD) (DVD-ROM)
All the thing you expect to be in an F1 simulator are here. This year, with the addiction of the F1 legend car, it has a lot more of fashion!

4.0 out of 5 stars The best there is and it keeps improving, 13 Aug 2014
This review is from: F1 2013 (PC CD) (DVD-ROM)
I am still playing this game until the new F1 2014 is released. I could parallel this to the Fifa series of football games in that it is evolving with each release rather than a revolution in gameplay. F1 2012 was epic when there had been no decent F1 game on PC for several years (I would consider Grand Prix 4 the nearest comparison) and it has improved each time. Gone are the silly TV interviews of the last two versions, in comes KERS and DRS overtaking aids. Out goes the unpredictable AI speed and in comes a consistent challenge that rises to your level.

The weather effects are amazing when it rains. The AI is capable of some quite unpredictable but brilliant actions. The extra game modes just cement this title as the daddy.

I would like to see a bit of variation in the celebrations when you win a race and a greater emphasis put on the experience of what it is like to qualify 16th after a bad session or the joy of winning your first grand prix or a masterclass in the wet sending everyone into raptures. I just don't think the emotion of the sport is captured well enough but it is still hugely enjoyable to play.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great once I discovered I needed Steam to install it., 5 Aug 2014
This review is from: F1 2013 (PC CD) (DVD-ROM)
Though I have only installed it and got as far as my Garage, due mainly to my having to wait the arrival of my Wheel and Pedals. I am impressed with this Game and will edit this Review as I go along. The graphics are amazing.

I have Windows 7 on a fairly modern PC and a 24inch flat screen monitor

A word of Warning: You have to have a Steam account [http://store.steampowered.com/]. If you don't, then you will get an error message saying you must have an internet connection. No, it is NOT obvious! After 7 hours of Google searching and finding a whole lot of people with the same problem and the suggested solutions were varied and often dodgy, I was on the point of giving up. However, I decided to ask previous buyers for help and within a very short time I had the right solution and the Game installed with no problems. I have thanked them.

More to follow as I get into using this Game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very Similar to F12012 (But Still Good), 27 Oct 2013
SteveH (West Sussex, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: F1 2013 (PC CD) (DVD-ROM)
F1 2013 is very similar in layout and performance as F1 2012, but this does not detract from the quality and excitement of the game. The track layouts are as per F1 2012 but with the addition of Brands Hatch and Jerez and the ability to race in 1980's racing cars such as Williams, Ferrari and Lotus which adds a renewed level of excitement. Overall I very much enjoy playing the game, especially online. I recommend it to serious F1 gamers.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

F1 2013 (PC CD)
F1 2013 (PC CD) by Namco Bandai (Windows 2000 / 7)
7.99