5.0 out of 5 stars Evolution Over Revolution Puts F1 2013 On The Top Step
Being a huge F1 fan, I look forward to the new release of the Formula One game every year. Often I'm left a little bit disappointed by the annual release, however, this year was a different story.

Like last year's game, you start at the young driver test at the Yas Marina Circuit. Having played 2012, I had the option to skip the first day, but choose to play it...
Published 9 months ago by The Lappster

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
Great Product. Great service! Thanks
Published 9 days ago by Stuart

5.0 out of 5 stars More of the same., 27 Nov 2013
Jeannine T (Worcestershire) - See all my reviews
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: F1 2013 (PS3) (Video Game)
F1 2013 hasn't changed much from last year. I love it just as much! Next year will be exciting with the rule changes coming into play.

5.0 out of 5 stars F1 2013, 16 Nov 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: F1 2013 (PS3) (Video Game)
Excellent graphics, very fun. I'm impressed with how much codemasters have improved from f1 2012 and I'm loving the '80 and '90 classic content and the classic tracks. 5 stars

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 12 Nov 2013
This review is from: F1 2013 (PS3) (Video Game)
Racing in this one it way more challenging than last years game, looks really nice to, worth buying for any F1 fan

4.0 out of 5 stars f1 2013, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: F1 2013 (PS3) (Video Game)
lot harder than last year classic content is well worth the purchase this game is better than any f1 before role on ps4

4.0 out of 5 stars Formula 1 game with additional content, 31 Oct 2013
This review is from: F1 2013 (PS3) (Video Game)
The 2013 edition for the codemasters series has long been awaited by me. I have previously bought the 2011 game. So when I compare this game to previous games I am referring to 2011.

The F1 teams and tracks are present from the formula 1 2013 season. The game kicks off in the young drivers test at Abu Dhabi where you have to complete a series of tests. These test start off very simple and get progressively get more complicated but were rather addictive to get a good medal (gold, silver or bronze).
Like 2011 this game holds a comfortable middle ground between simulator and arcade game. If anything this game is slightly more arcade like than 2011 as the driving model is prone to more under-steer relative to 2011. The over-steer moments are easier to catch within this game even when the driver aids are switched off. That said it is still very challenging (and rewarding) to control the car around a hot lap of your chosen circuit.

Because of the under steering car behavior I have found myself balancing the car towards the front in the car set up options. I was a little disappointed that the car set up model rewards drivers to run with very low down force set ups; on tracts which really shouldn’t be suited. I have seen on youtube of extremely competitive lap times being generated at Abert Park with minimal wing setting which just wouldn’t be possible in the real world. On the 2011 version I would run down force towards the max to keep the car on the track as I struggled for traction but that is not a problem on this game. On the plus side car suspension set up seems more critical for effecting tyre degradation which is simulating real life in 2013 season. Doing a race over 25% percent race distance with only one stop is very unlikely from what I have seen. Locking and spinning wheels is punished on this game which increased its realistic qualities. On the note of race distance I was a little disappointed to see that the options have been reduced compared to 2011. Now only3 laps, 5 laps, 25%, 50%, 100% remain. In 2011 I would use the 20% or 30% model. I guess now I will be using 50% and using the fantastic in mid race save option now available. This means the setting sun at the track of Abu Dhabi will be witnessed more than once on this game.

In single player this game has much more competitive AI game play. With the AI drivers are much more opportunistically trying to overtake you if you leave them a chance. The rules have also been adjusted to be more realistic. For example you can no longer change the car set up between qualifying and the race as the cars go into parc ferme. There is the usual grand prix mode where you can chose to race as your favourite driver and career mode. In Career you drive as yourself getting contracts from different teams after the young drivers test and depending on how well you have driven you may progress your career into other teams. Season challenge is a new mode in single player which I am yet to explore. But it appears that you select drivers as rivals and attempt to beat them. I am guessing that you have the chance to take their seats (and better cars) moving up the ranks in one season (reminds me of Ayton Sena Super Monaco grand prix on the sega megadrive ).

To be perfectly honest I bought this game because 2011 was becoming dead online. Online at the moment this game appears to be a hit with multiple people racing. If you like racing real people who make mistakes and real personalities then it is a lot of fun. Online the usual party 3 lap modes remain and custom grand prix, where you can chose how realistic a race you want from driver AIDs to damage and rule limitations. Co-Op still remains but you need to find a friend who wants to complete a whole season with you going through the practice sessions and qualifying.

This game was hyped by the classic content. I bought the standard edition and have no intention of paying MORE money for the 90s and 00 cars. I have driven the 80s cars and they are a lot of fun feeling very different from the high downs force counter parts of today. This is a fantastic idea to bring back cars and classic tracts which have been missed for many years. I see this as becoming a standard feature in the future games.

This is a very nitpicky review as I am a massive formula one fan. In all it is a very enjoyable game to play. Codemasters face a difficult line to tread between the hardcore F1 fans and people who want to dip their toe into the high octane world of formula 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars F1 - About Time, 20 Oct 2013
This review is from: F1 2013 (PS3) (Video Game)
For the first time in 6 years since (Formula 1 Championship Edition).

The Creators have made an excellent quality/very realistic F1 Game

Single player mode is excellent, 2 player mode seems to be lacking.

As with all F1 games though needs to be released nearer the start of the season and not near the end.

Would recommend to all F1 PS3 enthusiasts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult for a novice!, 7 April 2014
B. C. Deane "Benjamin Deane" (UK England Gloucestershire) - See all my reviews
This review is from: F1 2013 (PS3) (Video Game)
The beginning tutorials are simple up to the rain stages which i cannot get past (the one with the 8 apexes in the wet) as i keep finishing over the allotted time, this is part down to my novice skills but also the jumpy throttle and silly target times. I cant get past it so the game is useless to me!

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok game, 10 April 2014
This review is from: F1 2013 (PS3) (Video Game)
It's more or less the same as f1 2012 it's just it has new drivers and updated cars but good graphics

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, 12 Mar 2014
This review is from: F1 2013 (PS3) (Video Game)
-=|I Didn't buy this game on amazon, no comment on delivery|=-

After discovering the classic edition was not being sold for under £100, I decided to buy the standard version and use the upgrade that you can purchase via the PSN Store. I have jumped strait from F1 2010 as the other versions didn't look fantastic, but the 2013 version had a classic feature that really intreged me. After installing all software (updates, expansions packs ect.) I came to the...
-=[Main Menu]=-
In my opinion, it isn't as good looking as 2010 as it didn't have the same level of 'effort' put into it. It was a car from lots of differen angles. The 2010 version had you next to your awesome motor home and all the different options were spaced around the small area and the team was effected by how well you were doing in career mode (ie. if you were at Force India, the vehicles would be covered in he Force India logo and design.
-=[Vehicle Handling]=-
No real complaints from me. I race using a racing wheel so I am able to turn from left to right quickly, no lag or anything, very precise. The cars feel a little harder to control, but I like that. The cars in 2010 felt glued to the road if you had TC and ABS on. Without it, you would loose complete control with the brakes locking and wheels with no traction. The classic cars are AWESOME FUN!! They will slide if you go down into 1st or 2nd and just put your foot down, but they do have a limit. You will probably spin out if your not careful but the way you can make the cars slide round São Paulo circuit (Brazil) is EPIC. It has given me hours of fun!
-=[AI Cars]=-
Again no complaints from me. Yes they crash but so what, F1 wouldn't be F1 without little spins and bumps and smashes. It makes the experience even more fun having to dodge a 3 wheeled Red-Bull or McLaren, it keeps you awake.

I'm glad that I invested into this products as it has served me well so far, I JUST CANT STOP PLAYING! :D Congrats to Codemasters on creating this EPIC game.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as slick (ho pun intended) as Gran Turismo 5, 31 Dec 2013
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: F1 2013 (PS3) (Video Game)
Bought this having had interest in racing games on the PS3, and use with a Logitech steering wheel. The gameplay is OK, though I have more fun and better graphics on the previous Gran Turismo 5, which I also prefer as a learning and gameplay.
However, the ability to race and 'get to know' the F1 tracks is a bonus

F1 2013 (PS3)
F1 2013 (PS3) by Imports (PlayStation 3)