on 3 June 2015
Plugged it into the headphone jack of my Toshiba 42 inch and that was that..set up complete! Sound no longer came out of the puny little speakers at back of the tv. Bar produces good audio with decent range. ..some afficionados with highly tuned ears with probably pick out little flaws, but I just want something to watch movies with that has half decent sound. Because my tv speakers are on the back of the tv, it means the crappy sound from them first moves away from me, hits the neighbors wall and eventually bounces back into the room. I usually have to turn the volume up quite high just to hear the dialouge. This bar is the same width as my tv. It sits at the Base of my tv and ALL the better quality sound is directed straight out into the room. Can have the volume lower and still hear more. ..and don't have to worry about shaking the neighbors wall:-) Does decent job for decent price. Easy to set up. Comes with head phone jack and red/ yellow cables for other audio connection if you wish. Also has little remote that allows you to change bass, treble, and select settings like voice, movie, music etc.
11 comment|72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 26 August 2014
Purchased this little bad boy to get over the tinny tv sound coming from my tv,after reading the reviews before I bought was in two minds to stay clear and go for a more expensive option and I'm glad to say I didn't. Easy to get going - plug in power cable,plug in headphone cable into soundbar and other end into tv headphone socket,switch on and away you go. Sound is absolutely tremendous,lot of reviewers say sound is tinny,I totally disagree - if tv bass and treble are set to your preferences then a bigger, deeper sound is produced from the soundbar than from the tvs speakers.
Bluetooth works well also when toothed to either phone, tablet,etc. Only thing that didn't work for me was RCA connections on my tv,but supplied with both RCA and headphone cables in box so dosnt really matter much.
Overall great product for the price and works very well if you want great sound instead of tinny tv speaker sound then buy this.
55 comments|157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 October 2014
Great bargain for its price you can't ask anything more you. Want music thru it it plays fine great sound has an equalizer built in plays thru the TV just fine I love it and would tell anyone to buy one
on 15 July 2014
This sound bar is great, I always have trouble with voices, especially American films, and this sound bar makes the voices a lot clearer
0Comment|100 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 27 June 2014
For the money no complaint, for better than the TV sound
on 24 October 2014
Fitted this together in a couple of minutes - it is easy. You also get a template to mark where to drill the holes for the wall brackets - makes life easy. Good quality product. Would highly recommend this product.
on 15 March 2016
I am impressed, seemed too cheap compared with more expensive brands I would normally go for, took a chance and bought this, knowing I could always return it within 28 days.
I usually have to put the subtitles on American movies but so far so good, I can understand every word ( although not sure if that's a good thing)
Even my partner thinks it's very good, both esthetically and in quality ( and that's not easy to do)
on 6 April 2016
Item arrived as expected well packed and undamaged. I needed external speakers on my TV to combat the BBC mumblers and this does the job perfectly. It has all the leads you need to connect to any TV except HDMI only. I used the 3.5mm jack into the TV headphone socket and the other end into the two RCA sockets on the Sound Bar. Pressing the Mode button until the white LED lights up will connect this connection and the sound is activated. From then on the tiny remote controls volume, mute, strand-by, voice, film, and music. If the unit is switched off the mode button will have to be used again to activate the sound. A bit of experimenting is needed to learn how it all operates but now that we have it sussed it is a delight to use. When placed on the TV unit in front of the TV itself it is unobtrusive. In my case I had to raise the TV about 6cms because the sound bar blocked the line of sight requirement when we sat down but onj standing it worked perfectly. I recommend this item.

PS Have now worked out that when switching on again after turning off at the mains the bar opens up in standby mode. Press the standby button to cancel that and then the aux or line button, depending upon how you have connected it, until the white or green light comes on respectively. Hope that helps.
on 20 February 2016
It does what it claims to do : amplifies the sound from my Samsung TV by replacing the TV speakers. After a bit of fiddling about I realised I had to plug in the single plug on the end of the supplied cable to the side of the soundbar, not the red and white ones, and plug t'other end into the headphone socket on the TV. Once I had disabled the TV's own speakers using the Samsung remote it was fine. Not the highest quality sound, but adequate for the money. Needs to be in standbye mode when the TV is switched off unless you like the irritating low pitched buzz it emits when the TV is off.
on 25 November 2015
Was a bit unsure about sound bars .....so many at so many price points so I decided to search for sub woofers and blue tooth bars both features I wanted this one had them so when it came it's the length of a 42 inch screen perfect as it sits just in front and looks like part of the TV I could use it plugged into the sky box but had sound lag so used the headphone socket on my TV and it works great good sound and has enhanced my viewing the remote is a bit tinny but I don't mind and it can be adjusted for speech movies and music