5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant soundbar - don't believe negative reviews
Published 10 months ago by kings13

1.0 out of 5 stars Buying cheap proves to be expensive
Did not improve the sound from the Panasonic Speakers to any great extent. Have now purchased a Panasonic soundbar to replace the Goodman which is a big improvement.
Published 5 months ago by Anth

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant soundbar - don't believe negative reviews, 26 Aug. 2014
This review is from: Goodmans GDSB02BT20 20W 2.0 Speaker Bar Theatre System (Electronics)
Purchased this little bad boy to get over the tinny tv sound coming from my tv,after reading the reviews before I bought was in two minds to stay clear and go for a more expensive option and I'm glad to say I didn't. Easy to get going - plug in power cable,plug in headphone cable into soundbar and other end into tv headphone socket,switch on and away you go. Sound is absolutely tremendous,lot of reviewers say sound is tinny,I totally disagree - if tv bass and treble are set to your preferences then a bigger, deeper sound is produced from the soundbar than from the tvs speakers.
Bluetooth works well also when toothed to either phone, tablet,etc. Only thing that didn't work for me was RCA connections on my tv,but supplied with both RCA and headphone cables in box so dosnt really matter much.
Overall great product for the price and works very well if you want great sound instead of tinny tv speaker sound then buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars This sound bar is great, I always have trouble with voices, 15 July 2014
This sound bar is great, I always have trouble with voices, especially American films, and this sound bar makes the voices a lot clearer

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommend this product., 24 Oct. 2014
Fitted this together in a couple of minutes - it is easy. You also get a template to mark where to drill the holes for the wall brackets - makes life easy. Good quality product. Would highly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good sound, good price and easy to setup., 14 Jun. 2015
Mike Renshaw (Manchester) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Did some research before I bought this as wanted something cheap and cheerful to improve sound from a TV. I was looking for something easy to use and with Bluetooth connection that wasn't expensive. The Goodmans bar fit the bill for me perfectly.

My TV is on the wall with all the cables hidden inside the the wall so I needed to buy a Bluetooth sender for the TV. Sadly this worked out a terrible idea as it kept dropping the signal (nothing to do with the sound bar) so I then had to go to Plan B. Luckily, I'd put in audio cable in the wall when I installed it and connected this to the line in on the sound bar and all been working fine since.

Connection wise, you have the above mentioned line in, two phono jacks and of course blue tooth. There's no optical or HDMI connection, which I was aware of and not to be expected at this price point. I've used all three of the connections and all worked perfectly fine. The bluetooth connection on the iPhone was very easy to set up and get working, as were the others.

Sound quality from the bar is very good for the price. It's not going to blow you away (literally as no subwoofer!) but it's far better than most TV's. The only issue I had was with the source from the TV being at different levels. Sky would be normal, but my media centre may be low so had to to keep adjusting the sound on the TV. I eventually set the sound bar up loud and reduced via the TV.

The remote control was basic, but I use a universal remote and that worked fine as only use volume and power on it.

Comes with wall mounting template and screws but I didn't use.

While there are other sound bars that are more powerful than the 20w that this provides, and while other sounds bars may offer more features you would pay significantly more for them. This has the majority of connections to most devices and gives decent quality sound at one of the best prices around.

Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars No problems and just what I wanted. Research then pay!, 17 May 2015
Just bought this at a car boot. Elderly owner had old tv and no connections. Paid £15 and all in plastic bags and box as new and unused. Very happy with this soundbar for money paid and would have run to Tesco price. All cables included for connection included. Now have Evoke digital radio pushing out in stereo into Aux sockets. Bluetoothed to mobile and next intend to use Line In to connect computer sound card. What more could you ask. Better sound needs better hearing so don't waste money on more frequency range unless your hearing is good enough. Comments that are negative would be from buyers who expect everything to be perfect but want to skimp on spending money. Do research and don't complain as this does not claim to do it all. It does do what I wanted well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Buying cheap proves to be expensive, 6 Feb. 2015

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent product, 3 Jun. 2015
Plugged it into the headphone jack of my Toshiba 42 inch and that was that..set up complete! Sound no longer came out of the puny little speakers at back of the tv. Bar produces good audio with decent range. ..some afficionados with highly tuned ears with probably pick out little flaws, but I just want something to watch movies with that has half decent sound. Because my tv speakers are on the back of the tv, it means the crappy sound from them first moves away from me, hits the neighbors wall and eventually bounces back into the room. I usually have to turn the volume up quite high just to hear the dialouge. This bar is the same width as my tv. It sits at the Base of my tv and ALL the better quality sound is directed straight out into the room. Can have the volume lower and still hear more. ..and don't have to worry about shaking the neighbors wall:-) Does decent job for decent price. Easy to set up. Comes with head phone jack and red/ yellow cables for other audio connection if you wish. Also has little remote that allows you to change bass, treble, and select settings like voice, movie, music etc.

5.0 out of 5 stars for better than the TV, 27 Jun. 2014
B. BEESLEY (UK) - See all my reviews
For the money no complaint, for better than the TV sound

5.0 out of 5 stars For the price these speakers are an excellent buy, a bit fiddly to set up and ..., 26 Aug. 2014
J. Briggs (Spain) - See all my reviews
For the price these speakers are an excellent buy,a bit fiddly to set up and it would help if the cable connections where at each end of the bar,other than that well worth although if I had to buy another set I would go for the 40W.

2.0 out of 5 stars buyer be advised on seller return policy, 12 Jun. 2015
functional, easy set up and nice looking, leads provided far to short unless you are Yoda! I have 5 watts speakers we use for computer to watch movies camping which are far better. The seller has offered to refund however they want 15 quid for return postage. You do the maths, or to be fair they said post back via our own means at obviously our own expense. Lovely buy with confidence service, which will never be use again. I'm not losing 15 quid so I will keep them for kitchen with mobile phone music. Pairs with Bluetooth no problem, remote functional. very disappointed in general with product but annoyed with seller, will ensure others knows about this stealth policy via on line reviews and Facebook, because its not clear on or at purchase.