5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic read
This has to be one of the best romance books I have read in a long time. I found myself involved in the story, I knew in the end love would be the winner, but loved it all the same. Good Christmas romance.
Published 7 months ago by Hilly

3.0 out of 5 stars PREDICTABLE & BORING
The look and title of the book made it stand out but I wish I hadn't bothered. Really dull and disappointing. I made it halfway then skipped to last few pages. Something I rarely do but I had been given it as a present and felt compelled to persevere with it . Shame.
Published 1 month ago by clarksy-kent

‹ Previous | 1 2 343 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Reviewed by Desere Steenberg, 30 Oct 2013
This review is from: Sleigh Bells in the Snow (Kindle Edition)
Striving to be the best at which ever job you do is perfectly acceptable, we all want recognition and we all want to make it to the top, but when it is only your job you live for and nothing else, now that is a serious cause for concern.

You don't interact with anyone unless it is about work, you don't go to bed before 3 am in the morning and by 5 am you are back up and going for the next deal. You are surrounded by people but in actual fact you are nothing but a lonely sad workaholic.

In the new read from author Sarah Morgan this is the life of Kayla Green, she slaves hour after hour closing one deal after the other, she loves her job and is devoted to it every single minute of the day, yes even in her sleep, the woman does not go to bed without her phone! But there is one time of the year that she piles on as much extra work as possible, Christmas time and in her books the season to loath.

So when I'll-make-you-melt-with-one-touch Jackson O'Neil approaches her to make sure the word gets out there about his family business, she is all for it. What else could be more perfect, a secluded cabin surrounded by snow, no Christmas decorations in store windows for miles, she could loose herself in her work and before you know it Christmas will be over and life will be okay again.

But upon arrival Kayla finds she is in buried in a very deep amount of snow or rather trouble, so deep in fact that no shovel can dig her out of it. She is surrounded by Christmas and happy everywhere she looks, she can handle this, simply block it out by focusing on work, but when she finds herself in the arms of Jackson she cannot seem to find the block she needs to resit him and the happy ever after feelings he bring out in her, she needs to run and run fast, before her heart of ice melts and she risks loosing love once again.

The character of Kayla was in all honestly a truly vivid reminder of just how messed up one can become after a lousy childhood. Our parents and their actions leave such a long lasting impression on us that it shapes our adult life and not always for the best. Kayla was so very realistic with drowning herself in work simply to escape life as most of us do, but what really got to me was that she does so even harder during Christmas, it showed her as almost dead, like she was a restless spirit just running through everyday, this is where the author made me cry because I felt so sad for Kayla, it broke my heart that someone could dislike Christmas so much, just heartbreaking. But through the character of Kayla the author also showed that it can change when you are surrounded by the love of a family.

The character of Jackson was not only all levels of serious hotness, but the author also let him hit each and every note of hero I has reader look for in a read. Kind and caring, strong and pushy when the moment calls for it, sensual and sexy! Him having some issues with his family reminded me that even though everything seems fine to the outside world, there is always, always something on the surface that is boiling and ready to tear it all apart, but with all that happening your love and understanding for each other will always shine through and make any person more than happy to become apart of that circus.

The backdrop settings were absolutely exquisite and so vividly described by the author that I truly felt as if I was standing in the snow seeing the trees, I could feel my cheeks going cold from the icy air being described and felt as if I could actually feel the moose watching me. Brilliant work Sarah!

The dialogue was sensual , super hot and sexy, but the author did not make it all about the relationship between Kayla and Jackson, she packed a very strong and heart-touching punch with emotion so strong and overpowering I cried, laughed and after completing the read it took me more than just a few minutes to come back down from my emotional high.

I am taking away a message of the past can mess you up so bad, but only if you let it. If you take control you can live a very happy life. Holding onto the past and letting it control your actions in life only causes pain and emptiness, and in the end all you will be is a cold hearted block of ice. Seek your happiness instead of doing everything possible to keep the happiness away.

The secondary characters in this read were so fantastic I felt as if I was at home, with grandmother and grandfather each being the perfection of grandparents, grumpy out of sorts, loving and adorable and just the way we all know them to be.

The author also touched on the lives of Jackson's brothers Sean and Tyler, who I am delighted to say will be getting their own stories and I simply cannot wait for them, Sarah if you have not yet written them, get to writing and do it NOW!

I highly recommend this read for all fans of romance with a simply magical setting, amazingly crafted characters and a message of Christmas is the time for loving. A sensual, sexy, passionate highly compelling read, the perfect escape into a world of romance and Christmas miracles.

5/5 star read
"The flames of desire melts away her perfectly crafted heart of ice"

Copy provided by the author in exchange for a honest review

5.0 out of 5 stars A bigger dose of Sarah Morgan Magic, 8 Oct 2013
For those of you who still believe in Christmas magic, this is a great book for the holiday season!
Situated in snowy Vermont, the book makes you meet the captivating O'Neils with detailed insights to all the characters resulting in hilarious situations, others full of wit and still succeeding in moving the reader with great emotions in the unique style of Sarah Morgan.
I can't wait to read the other two books. Great first novel for a compelling author.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book should be made into a film!, 10 Dec 2013
Mrs. H. F. Dixon "Hilary" (Evesham) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sleigh Bells in the Snow (Kindle Edition)
I so enjoyed this book, I just did not want to put it down. It reminded me of the film while you were sleeping. It had a good story line, laughter and a tinge of sadness. A must read for anyone who wants to read a feel good Christmas book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 7 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sleigh Bells in the Snow (Kindle Edition)
Brilliant book, I couldn't put it Down. It's the best Xmas book I've read so far :-) highly recommend This book.

5.0 out of 5 stars A lovely Christmassy love story, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sleigh Bells in the Snow (Kindle Edition)
Absolutely loved this book. A must read for the romantic. First time I've read a book by Sarah Morgan & can't wait to read more :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Feel good book, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sleigh Bells in the Snow (Kindle Edition)
A lovely feel good Christmas book, fantastic read for just before Christmas although all I want to do now is go skiing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Magical, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sleigh Bells in the Snow (Kindle Edition)
What a brilliant Xmas read, and a brilliant story with loveable characters, I want to go to the snow crystal resort

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 6 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sleigh Bells in the Snow (Kindle Edition)
Thoroughly enjoyed this book...great story line, well told and really warmed to all the characters involved. I liked the escapism it romantically evoked. The descriptions were spot on in every scene...this was a lovely romantic story which I really would recommend if yer an old romantic!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: Sleigh Bells in the Snow (Kindle Edition)
I honestly didn't want to finish it- I'm a sucker for light-hearted and romantic stories, with a book permanently on the go, but unlike some others, the setting of this story just added to the magic. In fact it's left me wanting to know how the characters get on in the future...

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful festive read - Romantic and enchanting!, 28 Nov 2013
Megan ReadingInTheSunshine (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
The cover for Sleigh Bells In The Snow is BEAUTIFUL! I couldn't stop staring at it and it made me feel very festive and Christmassy just looking at it!

Kayla used to love Christmas, but now she can't wait for it to be over and spends her time throwing herself into her PR job and everything that goes with it. So when she arrives at the beautiful Snow Crystal ski resort to win over gorgeous owner Jackson as a marketing client, she finds herself surrounded by Christmas cheer. But while she is trying to win Jackson over professionally, will Jackson win her over, and help her fall in love with Christmas again?

I thoroughly enjoyed this, I'd go as far to say that Sleigh Bells In The Snow is one of my favourite festive reads this year!

I really enjoyed getting to know every single character in this, I liked how even the secondary characters were really well-written and lifelike, and by the end of the story I felt as though I knew them all personally. I fell completely in love with the handsome Jackson, he will make you MELT! Jackson's family were wonderful characters to be around too, I found their stories really interesting and I wanted to read on to find out what would happen with them, as well as with Kayla and Jackson! The Romance between Kayla and Jackson was very believable and beautiful, the sparks between them were brilliant, and I found myself eagerly looking forward to their scenes together.

The setting is STUNNING. Sarah Morgan has done a fantastic job with her storytelling, as I could imagine every scene very clearly and she really brought the resort to life. I could imagine myself walking in and looking at everything around me, the atmosphere, the snow - I was so caught up in the festive feel and read on with so much excitement inside of me. It was like being in a winter wonderland!

I was completely taken in and captivated by this charming story, it is magical and enchanting, with such a great romance in, and is the perfect novel for curling up with this winter. Sleigh Bells In The Snow is a beautiful and heart-warming story, it is SO lovely. I can't wait to read more from Sarah Morgan!

‹ Previous | 1 2 343 | Next ›