4.0 out of 5 stars Kids Loved It!
Published 10 months ago by Laura

1.0 out of 5 stars i already got this.....
when it said pre order i assumed it was a new dvd out so i pre ordered for my children when it arrived and they watched it they explained how they already seen it.. very confused i looked through the dvds to find it is in with the smurfs 1 dvd as an extra. not new at all and no need to pre order
Published 11 months ago by natalie

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Kids Loved It!, 25 Nov 2013
Laura (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Smurf's Christmas Carol [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I pre-ordered this and received a partial refund once it arrived as apparently it had gone down in price to £3. I did wonder why it was so cheap but now reading the reviews, I can see why. Luckily we don't have the first Smurf film on DVD or else I would have been annoyed to find this film is on there as an extra so this release does feel a bit like a money spinner however, for £3 it was worth it and my kids loved it.

My Children are not familiar with the Christmas Carol story, so this was new to them. My youngest didn't quite grasp the story at first and was confused when the ghosts of Christmas past and present were appearing however, he loved it as he loves anything smurf related.

Another reviewer says after 3 minutes the smurfs revert to cartoon form. To be honest, you hardly even notice and my youngest certainly didn't and by the end they are back in animated form.

It's a very short film, you feel like you're just getting into it and it ends! However, for the price and the fact my kids loved it, I'm happy with my purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars i already got this....., 18 Nov 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Please don't bother, 17 Nov 2013
Annie (Lincolnshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Smurf's Christmas Carol [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
I bought this for the kids thinking it would be the new Smurfs like the two latest films. Every picture on the DVD shows the Smurfs portrayed this way so I felt utterly cheated when after 3 minutes of playing, the Smurfs reverted to the old cartoon style! The whole thing is only 22 minutes long and the story is only very loosely based around "a Christmas Carol". It really left us all with the feeling of "is that it?" at the end. It isn't worth the money at all. If you are after a great Christmas Carol film, go with the Muppets one. Never disappoints in our house.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 July 2014
This review is from: The Smurf's Christmas Carol [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
all my daughters love the smurfs so i bought them this one for xmas.....very good!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 27 Jun 2014
Nice item thanks

3.0 out of 5 stars Thanks, 7 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Smurf's Christmas Carol [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
It was animated 90% of the time where i was expecting it to be like the smurf films but my daughter liked it all the same.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 14 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Smurf's Christmas Carol [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
CD excellent and sounds great, very pleased with the CD. It is David Essx at their best and very enjoyable. GREAT

3.0 out of 5 stars Festive Smurfy Fun, 2 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Smurf's Christmas Carol [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
This cartoon based on a Charles Dickens story is about Grouchy Smurf (voiced by George Lopez) who is so busy focusing on what he's wanted for Christmas hoping he does not have the same Christmas present each year. Mixed with hand-drawn and CGI animation, it's colourful, charming and fun with fine voices but a lack of extras is the only downside of what is still a nice DVD for Smurfs fans.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic film for Christmas, 1 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Smurf's Christmas Carol [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Great film for Christmas and a good moral too. Its not just about presents but how people feel about themselves and each other

5.0 out of 5 stars christmas dvd, 1 Feb 2014
Jmiddleton "J. Middleton" (West Sussex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Smurf's Christmas Carol [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
Arrived on time , exactly what I ordered and enjoyed watching it, am just a big kid when it comes
to christmas!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

The Smurf's Christmas Carol [DVD] [2012]
The Smurf's Christmas Carol [DVD] [2012] by Troy Quane (DVD - 2013)