5.0 out of 5 stars A down to earth trip about meditation
Published 12 months ago by Jane

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing
As an ex soldier, martial artist and long time meditator, I bought this book as it covers areas of life I am interested in.

The author seems a stand up guy and I have a lot of respect for his experience.

Published 6 months ago by Quillion

2.0 out of 5 stars A bit disappointing, 6 Jan 2014

The author seems a stand up guy and I have a lot of respect for his experience.

Unfortunately however the book really lacks depth. The author has vastly oversimplified the subject of meditation and appears to mistake the set up techniques from some meditation traditions for the actual meditation itself. These are not the same.

Probably three quarters of the book are taken up with techniques that are not meditation. These include self hypnosis, contemplation, relaxation, creative visualisation, affirmations and NLP type techniques. These are interesting in their own right, but they are not meditation. They are also covered so superficially that if you wanted to learn these, there are far better books out there.

I think this book would go better under the title "a few really simple mental tricks that might help those in law enforcement and the military" This might be really ground breaking for those in those professions who are really closed minded, but in my experience, particularly martial artists, are usually open minded enough to learn the full deal.

I think if you really want to look in to meditation you would be better off reading stuff by B. K. Frantzis, Dr David Fontana, Thich Nhat Hanh etc

5.0 out of 5 stars A down to earth trip about meditation, 24 July 2013
This review is from: Meditation for Warriors (Kindle Edition)
This book is so matter of fact , you are left with no doubt you will benefit from buying it and that is only after page 1. Seriously I loved it and it did not waste too long in getting Into the subject. I love meditation and have reached the point where I agree with this guy. I tried complicated, hippie like and Zen meditation but at the end of the day it only works if you relax and absorb the information. The more you meditate the better your ability to absorb things and do more without getting tired and it only improves your health.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly recommended, 13 Jun 2014
This review is from: Meditation for Warriors (Kindle Edition)
I found this book very easy to read with good descriptions on how to do the various meditation methods explained. I have since reading the book incorporated a number of the different methods into my daily training and I have recommended the book to friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top notch as usual, 21 Dec 2013
This review is from: Meditation for Warriors (Kindle Edition)
Great stuff from Mr Christensen again. As with his other material he takes a subject some make overly complicated and makes it straightforward for a busy person to work into their lives. Thanks dude!!!

3.0 out of 5 stars Basic and limited, 15 Sep 2013
The book only contains basic mediation techniques that can be found anywhere, plus a list of affirmations related to the subject matter of the book - again the concept of affirmations can be found anywhere. There is nothing for example on visualisation for the subject matter of this book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Helpful, 19 Sep 2013
Well written no nonsense manual for people who have to deal with very high levels of stress . Any one who has to keep their cool under fire would benefit from reading Loren's book and practising the techniques.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Practical Meditation Book, 10 Sep 2013
This review is from: Meditation for Warriors (Kindle Edition)
I always look forward to Lorens books and I haven't been disappointed yet.
I train Martial Arts for Health Fitness and Real world Applications and only like to trust info of people who have been there fopr real in whatever arena that might be so Mr Christensen ticks all the boxes.

Meditation for Warriors is a very good book and very practical that you can use anywhere.
I have used some of the techniques before giving presentations, before sparring and while standing on Nightclub doors all to calm myself so making it easier to think.

Highly recommended from me.

Greg Hall