5.0 out of 5 stars Zombie world, with a sprinkle of romance
Published 3 months ago by Alexandria Blundell

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable enough.
Published 13 months ago by DIZZY

5.0 out of 5 stars Zombie world, with a sprinkle of romance, 3 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Until the End (Quarantined series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Until the end is a perfect example of the zombie romance novels that are pretty popular at the moment. It has a brilliant mix of both gory action and genuine love not just between the two protagonists (Alissa and Jordan) but also between the female and her uncle/ Dad (Syd ), this relationship is developed further in Quarantined book 2, In the End. To me the romance was far from your typical cheesy romance and both Alissa and Jordan often worries about their relationship and whether or not it is wise considering their potential death. This book has creative action moments all the way through and in the first couple of chapters the outbreak begins and Alissa finds one of her flat mates eating the face of another which set a blood thirsty tone for the rest of the book. I personally loved this book and would recommend this series to anyone interested in reading about loyal, loving relationships in a world that has been ravaged by flesh eating Zombies, perfect juxtaposition!

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favorite zombie book, 7 May 2014
This review is from: Until the End (Quarantined series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Full Disclosure: I received a copy of this book from the author via Goodreads in exchange for an honest review.

My Thoughts: The zombie apocalypse is without question my new favorite topic to read about. That may be slightly disturbing or say something about me as a person, but I don’t care. I read them like I’m a drug addict and they’re my drug. I had two other zombie books that were constantly duking it out for first place in my mind, but Until the End beat the ever-loving crap out of every other zombie book I’ve read.

The characters were fan-freaking-tastic. Jordan was a fantastic guy and even with the baggage, I want one. Alissa might be new favorite heroine. I was afraid I’d hate her to be honest, especially when I found out how much baggage she carried and that it was essentially a loaded gun (this is all intentionally geeky and corny – metaphor-wise). They were likable characters individually and the perfect blend together. They’re chemistry was great without being explicit and over the top.

The plot was my favorite zombie plot so far. I loved that the author kept referring to it as The Fever. The little additions from Jordan and Alissa’s backgrounds and how they changed things was unique for a zombie book. I never would have thought to add mental illness, but it worked wonderfully. The author managed to hit the nail on the head and never became crass, preachy or overbearing where mental illness was concerned.

So the big question. Would I recommend Until the End? Heck yes I would! Until the End is zombie fiction at its best, in my humble opinion. I loved it so much that I actually read it twice already and am planning to read the next one. Although, I’m trying to use some self-control at the moment and not dive right in. I would highly recommend Until the End.

For more reviews, check out [...] today!

3.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable enough., 9 April 2014
This review is from: Until the End (Quarantined series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Alissa's journey through a real and horrific world which can rival her delusional one, I found this interesting. She has trouble trusting people because she is uncertain of her perceptions of them and herself, yet she must find a way to trust if she is going to survive. Jordan, the boy across the hall in campus housing saves her life and she can tell that he has secrets too. Alissa is a champion archer, and has few qualms about getting up close to a zombie and jabbing a knife through eye, ear or soft palate to reach their brains. Jordan smashes there skull with a bat. Alissa needs to get to her uncle (I'm not going into the uncle, but his confession felt wrong, and not needed), they walk, bicycle and row their way towards their goal.

The plot of this book felt a little thin because the zombie apocalypse happened far too suddenly; there was no build up to it. Alissa goes out for 2 hours and the apocalypse happened. Where is the mayhem? Where is the chaos? We only see it in the form of Alissa hearing some sirens in the distance and seeing smashed cars when she on the Max going back to campus.

Zombies are in here but not your normal gore we see in most zombie novels. It is at its most basic a young romance/love story. Not a lot of nail biting suspense. The editing wasn't bad, but it's not error free, these are a few that come to mind: "Thank you. Now get of my way."
And: starting out the back window instead of, staring out of the back window.
Was that really my last candy bar? Probably not, I have more in my bag. (So definitely not her last candy bar then)!

Having said all that I did enjoy the book, but I can only award it 3 stars, there was just a little too much missing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 1 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Until the End (Quarantined series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
This was a wonderful book which gripped me from the first page. I haven't read too many zombie novels but I was intrigued by the blurb and I'm very glad I discovered this author. The writing is spot-on: great pacing, full of action, tension and well-developed characters who you root for. But the key thing for me was that the story was always grounded and never became over-the-top - it's about survival and is laced with deft humour that keeps everything human and emotionally real. This is much more than a zombie novel and I'll be eagerly reading the next book in the series.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it too, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Until the End (Quarantined series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Great zombie read,loads of action and a great storyline,just wish Tracey could write a bit faster,it"s hard having to wait on the next book......

5.0 out of 5 stars i loved it :-), 30 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Until the End (Quarantined series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Action adventure and love, my kind of story. Deep characters which is always good, fast pasted and likeable characters. Will be stalking the author for any news on book 2 :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Apocalyptic love stories, but so much more than that., 25 Mar. 2015
This review is from: Until the End (Quarantined series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book. Do yourself a favour and buy the full series at the same time. Then buy the Survivalist series too. You wont be sorry.

Tracey knows how to write a fantastic story that will literally have you hooked from the word go.

Brilliant!

4.0 out of 5 stars Trail, 5 April 2015
This review is from: Until the End (Quarantined series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
Very good with a different hero scenario a slow to medium start it gives you an interest a makes you want to read more