on 23 September 2013
Looks really nice at first like a genuine apple lead, good cable length, but after a few weeks started playing up, now device end has got so hot its deformed & split open!! USB end also comming apart so waste of money!
Heard on TV consumer advice item that these non-genuine leads have caused fires and electrocutions, one death apparently, so my advice is avoid these like the plague!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 3 September 2013
This cable nearly caught fire yesterday. The end of the cable which slots into the AC plug had melted and the glue holding the plastic sheath,around the inner cable wires, had come away when I tried to remove it from the wall. How on earth this cable got through British Kitemark Safety beggars belief. It is a cheap highly dangerous reproduduction, mass produced no doubt in china, and Amazon should NOT allow it to be sold on their systems. I have just bought a (proper) safe cable from Maplins but it cost £14.99p and as of today it is working. Apple you must build a strong robust cable that will withstand what it is intended to do.
on 21 October 2013
Bought this in August. Didn't use it for the first month, then it worked for the first couple of times albeit with a warning "uncertified item, may not work with this device". Since it was working, I ignored it assuming it was an Apple ploy to get users to go through their store. Today it failed to work and the same message appeared on the Iphone. Purchase at your peril!!!
on 20 November 2013
1st one I bought was faulty only after writing review was I contacted then was offered a replacement which I received and is of a better quality than the first so overall I advise just goto an apple store and pay the £25 just so you know that ur getting the real mcoy that's my personal opinion but if ur going for a cheap option this is it !!!
on 27 August 2013
it failed and is not working this was working but is not now.shall i return it. poor quality
graham j white
on 29 October 2013
This item got so hot wen plugged in it feels dangerous and the metal end separated from the wire and got stuck in my phone which has costed me more money to get removed, extremely annoyed and wouldn't recommend
on 29 October 2013
Excellent value for money that gives you the confort of having the cable available in different locations without having to worry about.
Excellent response from customer service.
on 8 October 2013
bought 2 cables and both broke with the first usage! The smallConnector that goes into the actual gadget was loosely attached to internal wiring so did not charge correctly and broke when i disconnected it from gadget!

very poor quality!
on 10 December 2013
Only charged the phone intermittently and keeps bring up an alert on the phone that it is not a genuine product that can charge an iphone, annoying to find out after you have spent the money on it and still have to buy another one.
on 12 November 2013
It is with great pleasure that I express my appreciation for making my purchase at nut-bolt. I got a damaged item. But Nut-bolt got it replace as quickly as possible.
I really appreciate that.
Best regards