5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST TUNER ON THE MARKET

Snark.......£11.00
Planet Waves PW-CT-12 NS......£13.00

Published 15 months ago by thomas

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of tune with this purchase
I have used this tuner three times since October 2014 and now its given up the ghost. I have put in new batteries to no avail what a load of rubbish. I would like to return it but there is no mention on the multi lingual leaflet as to how long it is guaranteed for!
Published 2 months ago by j crawford

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars THE BEST TUNER ON THE MARKET, 22 Mar. 2014
This review is from: KORG AW-3G-BK Pitch Hawk Clip on Tuner - Black (Electronics)
THE BEST TUNER ON THE MARKET

I have 5 Tuners, made from all different companies

Technote ....£6.00
Tiger ......£7.50
Snark.......£11.00
Planet Waves PW-CT-12 NS......£13.00

All great Tuners and it does not matter about the prices because if you ask me I like the TECHNOTE the best and that tuner is on the market for only £6.00 so its not always about the price but with the

KORG AW-3G-BK Pitch Hawk Clip on Tuner............its all about the price :D

Great tuner, you can turn the tuner as high,low, left,right as you want it got almost full rotation. very movable indeed.
Looks very strong it this should be built to last you a while.
NICE design and also looks the part
LCD back-light screen looks amazing, very bright and easy to see.
Fast response when tuning up your guitar
Suited and works for all different music instruments
Easy to use menu and buttons .
Free Pouch to store you guitar picks in, looks FAB
Instructions and Battery included

10/10 MANY THANKS

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth the money, 22 Jan. 2014
I decided to get another tuner because my old Guitarman tuner needle moved around so much I found it hard to know if I was in tune. This tuner has many extras, but above all, the tuning needle is stable and makes it easy and quick for me to tune my guitar.

5.0 out of 5 stars the best around, 1 Jan. 2014
I've had several guitar tuners but this is the best by a long way, especially with the capo function ,it makes you realise quickly the effect a capo can have on the overall tuning, which is very quick to correct as add or move your capo.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, Accurate & Good Value, 21 Dec. 2013
Having to reluctantly replace my trusty (but now a bit temperamental) Korg GT-12, I decided to stick with the brand that has served me well - I was not disappointed. The unit is simple to set up and use and when tuning the instrument the unit registers the same as the GT-12 (uses either mic or line input signal) so accuracy is spot on.

My only criticism would be that when tuning the low E and the A strings (standard tuning) on both guitar and bass settings, the unit is a little bit slow to respond and a few attempts have to be made.

So apart from having to learn to be a bit more patient when tuning, I am really happy I chose the AW3G and think that the price I paid was really good value for the features and accuracy.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice little tuner but you will need to look after it., 31 Dec. 2014
Decided to buy this as was recommended by a guitar playing mate of mine who's just forked out a small fortune for a new Lowden acoustic and he wanted something discreet to use as a tuner.
I've had a number of tuners over the years from the old plastic rectangular Korg ones that used PP9 batteries, to a more robust metal Dan Electro floor unit, all I hasten to add with varying degrees of success.
More recently however I've been using Boss TU3 tuners; I have two and the first is part of my pedal board for stage work, with the second a "spare" unit. Both work extremely well & I certainly wouldn't change them for gigging , buts its a bit of a hassle having to plug the spare one in with two jack leads and a mains transformer just to tune up or change a set of strings.
So I decided to invest in the Korg AW-3G-BK primarily to clip onto the headstock when changing strings, and doing a bit of neck set up and bridge work.
First thing to say is it is quite dainty and as it is made from plastic, I would imagine could get broken quite easily. For this reason I keep mine wrapped in a kitchen towel in a plastic screw top container (an old boily box for any anglers out there) which keeps it safe from being crushed or damaged by anything else chucked in my gear bag.
The other thing to remember, is because the unit is very light and discreet, then its quite easy to forget its still attached to the guitar, particularly when putting the instrument back in its case. I've done this a couple of times now (complete incompetence on my part) but fortunately realised the problem when the case wouldn't close properly and before any damage was done.
In terms of functionality the tuner certainly works OK for standard tuning, albeit I haven't tried it out with any drop tunings yet but I have no reason to think it wouldn't work properly outside of normal concert pitch.
The clip that fixes it to the headstock is very secure and the small view-screen reasonably visible unless its under very bright lights.
So all in all, pretty good I would say and certainly very accurate.
I've only given it four stars as I am a bit concerned about its fragility, and I would certainly recommend using a robust storage box of some sort.
One small thing; my mate has already had to change the battery on his (less than six months old) although not sure if he may have left in on too long or it may have been a duff unit I suppose. No problem with mine though but only time will tell and I don't use it as often.

4.0 out of 5 stars it's easy to swivel in any direction for a clear view ..., 18 July 2014
An expensive but built to last tuner. Once clamped to the guitar neck, it's easy to swivel in any direction for a clear view of the screen.
My only negative point would be that it sometimes takes a while to register the note when it's first clamped to the neck.
Apart from that, it's a very good tuner and looks like it will last a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful tuner, 20 Jun. 2014
I'm not an expert, but I have used several tuners over the years and this is by far the best of them. It has a high quality build, an excellent display and is very accurate.

4.0 out of 5 stars Accurate, but I've used better..., 17 Jun. 2014
Firstly, let me start by saying that this is an accurate tuner, plus it doesn't suffer the same problems which the early intellitouch tuners did of showing a B when trying to tune string 6 (unless one played a harmonic).
That said, as a professional tutor who sees several different types every day, I prefer the models out there which light up green when the string's in tune.

1.0 out of 5 stars Out of tune with this purchase, 16 April 2015

4.0 out of 5 stars Good price, does the job., 28 Mar. 2015
Lightweight, easy and secure clip onto headstock, easy to use once you RTFM.

Loses maybe half a star for the somewhat flimsy feel to the support arm. That said, it hasn't fallen off yet!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›