1,001 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beds for the kids
I ordered these 2 beds on a Saturday evening and they were delivered the following Tuesday. The price was so good I was a bit worried that they may have been poorly made. I need not have worried they are great value for money and well made.
Published 24 months ago by Linda

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings
Published 6 months ago by Ashley

5.0 out of 5 stars Great beds for the kids, 1 Nov 2012
Sadly they had to stay boxed until the following Monday while we waited for the mattresses. Moral of the story order your mattress first since these beds are delivered very quickly.
My son in law and daughter put the 2 up in approx 2.5 hours following the instructions given. The inital push down of the slatted base was scary as my SIL was worried that he would break the gas arms. They do need a bit of brute force but as soon as it was done my daughter very easily pulled it up and back down again. In fact my 7 yr old Grand-daughter has no problem at all. The 4yr old can lift it but is too short to pull it back down. Their bedroom looks great as their toys and clutter are safely stored out of sight. Wonderful. My daughter was so impressed I have just ordered a 5' one for her this evening. Their mattress arrived today.... A great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars good value for money, 13 Jan 2014
Brought two for my children 18 & 15 year olds and they love them. Good storage underneath. Easy to put together.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed feelings, 22 April 2014
I bought this bed about 6 months ago. I was keen to not review this item until I had tried it out properly. The actual bed looks great, it's easy to assemble and feels quite solid. However the actual support of the bed is questionable. The middle / centre support is not supported by any legs so if you have more than one person in the bed it will sag. This makes it really uncomfortable . I'm considering changing the bed for a ottoman with centre support legs!

5.0 out of 5 stars Unbelievable value, 24 Mar 2014
I looked at the completed bed and marvelled. How on earth does the supplier make a profit from selling these at these prices?

I've read all sorts of reviews saying how it took folk four hours+ to build these beds. What did they do, have a nap half way through? Start to finish, it took me around 90 minutes to build this, calling on my wife to keep me supplied with slats as I fitted them but otherwise building it single-handed. The instructions were clear, everything was present and everything fitted together well. The nearest thing to a complaint that I can come up with is that the cover that fits on the base is marginally oversized. But, we are talking marginally here, not massively.

What really impressed me, from unpacking the bits to completing the build, was the quality of the thing and the way it fitted together. Utterly brilliant. Matched up with a memory foam mattress, I now have an attractive looking bed purchased at a phenomenally good price, one very happy stepdaughter and one much tidier stepdaughter's bedroom. What a result!

5.0 out of 5 stars A good item, 8 Feb 2013
My grandson is over the moon with this bed, he is now even more difficult to get out of. It.

4.0 out of 5 stars Gas lift 4 foot small double, 19 Feb 2013
It arrived on time good service and beds was easily make up. :) and my son very love this bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars tigerbeds, 27 Oct 2013
Islloyd (stafford england) - See all my reviews
i have chosen this rating because the item arrived before the estimated time, plus the assembly of the bed was straight forward, it was that easy i assembled it on my own. i would recommend tigerbeds to anyone looking for a new bed.

5.0 out of 5 stars superb bed, 5 Jun 2013
I bought two of these beds for my daughters room. They arrived within couple of days all bits were there and was very easy to put together. I would highly recommend these beds best buy ive made by far

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, what a bargain!, 24 July 2014
Sarieberry (Derby, England) - See all my reviews
I don't often write reviews but I had to for this one. This bed is just superb for the money - I don't know how they make it for the price as it's easily worth double what I paid.
The price does fluctuate randomly on Amazon though - I was going to buy the bed and including delivery it was going to cost me £135. I had an issue with the website and came back to order it an hour later and it had dropped to £113 using a different marketplace seller. Keep an eye on the price and use camelcamelcamel.co.uk to make sure you're getting a good deal on it as £113 is a great price, £135 is above average.

The next bit of information is vital though so I suggest you read it if you're seriously going to buy this bed! :)

The marketplace seller varies for this item, so some of the negative reviews relating to delivery here are for different sellers - they're not all bad. Make sure you check which seller you're purchasing from as this is important.
My purchase came from "bedsandbeds" and I had no trouble at all. No items were missing, it was dispatched quickly and it was exactly as expected, no damage and the correct size. However, they do use XDP Express as their courier. I had no issues at all with the courier service - my depot is based in Glasgow - but I know a lot of people have complained about the service provided by XDP so make sure you're on the ball if your bed comes through this courier. The main thing is to ensure you check the XDP website and track your parcel daily.
I got a dispatch notice from Amazon containing tracking information but from this point onwards I received no further correspondence about the delivery - I only knew my bed was out for delivery because I spotted it on the XDP tracking website, so I caught the next bus home and was lucky to be in for it. I had no text, email etc so I wouldn't have been in had I not been watching out for it, so make sure you take responsibility for keeping an eye on this or you'll have a bad experience. You'll get a 3 hour delivery slot with XDP and this can't be narrowed down, so be aware of this too.
My bed came 3 days earlier than expected though and the courier was right on time and the lovely bloke helped me in with it so I have no complaints whatsoever.

About the bed!

It comes in 2 parcels, each weighing around 14-17kg so be aware you'll ideally need help moving these to the assembly location - I dragged them up the stairs alone but it nearly killed me. I'm an unfit 28 year old female though so if I can do it then most people probably can at a push. I live alone so had no choice! It's really well packaged though and all the parts are organised cleverly to keep the package sizes down.

They also recommend you have 2 people assemble this - I did it alone so it can be done, it's just hard work as the side panels in particular are quite heavy due to the lifting mechanism.
Assembly isn't anything overly complex, it's just fiddly and the parts are heavy. It took me about 2.5 hours on my own but would've taken significantly less if I'd had some help. A couple of holes didn't take the screws that well but there were enough other holes that I wasn't concerned about the sturdiness of the bed - I didn't expect it to be perfect given the price but overall it went together very well.
Word of warning though; the parts have velcro strips on the underside as when you're finished you tip the bed up and attach the fabric base for the storage area. If you're unfortunate enough to have a cheap nasty carpet that velcro sticks to then make sure you leave the plastic on all of the parts whilst you're working on the bed assembly. I didn't realise at first until my bed was firmly glued to my carpet and I ended up in a rage trying to tear the parts loose so I could manouvre them into position to bolt together.
I lifted half the carpet and nearly hulk smashed the bed into oblivion. Once I'd re-wrapped everything so the velcro wasn't in contact with the carpet then all was well with the world once more.

Other handy tips.. loads of the parts come zipped into the rear of the headboard. The instructions do tell you this but if you don't read them properly you might miss it and assume things are missing.
Frankly, I'd suggest you read the instructions thoroughly before you start as there's lots of useful information in there. Another point being DON'T operate the lifting mechanism until you've put the mattress on when you finish or you'll smash your face in.
Also note - when you first finish the build the frame will be in the lifted up position. Read the instructions at this point and you can't go wrong. Attach the fabric pull cord to the end of the bed and put one hand to the left and one hand to the right of centre bar, evenly spaced and push down firmly on the bed. As it starts to shut take hold of the fabric cord and lower it into the closed position so you don't trap your fingers. From this point onwards, leave it alone until your mattress is on as without the weight of the mattress it will spring open at speed if you attempt to pull it open again and injuries will likely occur :)

Oh it also has little screw in feet which raise it up by around 1cm. If you drag the bed around it flexes a little so be careful not to be too rough with it as the frame does feel like it could damage if you drag it around roughly. Also as there's no base, just the fabric for the storage area, you will need to empty it before moving it in future so bear this in mind too. I wouldn't personally class any of this as a negative, they're just points worth being aware of. It's still a fantastic bed for what it cost.

Basically, this bed is awesome. It's a gift for the money and I had a very nice sleep on it last night. Highly recommend it :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good, 27 Aug 2013
It is a very stylish bed and looks very nice in the spare room just what I was looking for