on 29 April 2014
Very noisy when first fired up but easily fixed by settings in the BIOS screen: Settings page - Advanced page- Hardware Monitor page.

I set the target CPU temperature to 50C and the minimum fan speed to 12.5%. I also set it to 'Eco' mode. The PC is now almost silent.

I would recommend this PC for anyone reasonably familiar with setting up computers and installing their own operating systems.
on 16 April 2014
Fantastic. I can't even compare how much of an upgrade this computer is from my old "computer"..
Having loaded Windows 7 (purchased separately from an auction site), and spending just a little bit of time updating all the drivers with the enclosed CD, I can now honestly say this PC has made using a computer enjoyable again.
I'm not a 'gamer' but I do photo editing which is handled with ease, as is streaming HD video, thanks to the more-than-capable video card.
When the unit arrived, the fan was noisy but don't let this put you off; it is really easy to turn down in the BIOS settings at startup.
For 180 quid (plus the cost of a Win7 disk) this computer has to be my bargain of the year.
on 14 September 2013
Great price if you already have the OS. Most new PCs come with the awful windows 8, so being able to pick your own OS is a bonus. Good spec with plenty of hard drive space and Ram. Would definitely recommend it for all regular computing requirements. No good for the gamers out there, but they wouldn't buy one anyway!
on 8 December 2013
Delighted with PC. Bought to replace a 10 year old desktop used mainly for internet YouTube, word processing and music.
HDMI connection to my monitor's DVI-I connection and the picture quality is EXCELLENT!
I have a laptop I use for more power hungry applications, so can't comment on video editing etc' on it.

One minor problem was it would not boot from the Windows 7 OS (no OS on this particular PC).
Changed boot order to DVD/CD Drive 1st and was up and running without any problems. Updated Windows and that was that.
Driver disc provided with PC. Inserted it in DVD/CD drive and that was sorted in a few minutes.
on 29 September 2014
Good value basic desktop machine. I'm not a hardcore gamer but it plays most games I throw at it. Currently multi-booting with Win7, Kubuntu & Manjaro Linux without any driver issues.
on 15 March 2014
I'm not able to rate this really as I don't understand technology, but my son ordered this for me and so far it's living up to its expectations.
on 9 May 2014
Totally won over by this gem of a computer. Terrific value for money, all you need in this package & much cheaper than on the street deals. It performs really well, I have no complaints & highly recomend it
on 30 August 2013
Decent PC (that's all I wanted) at £166 ex VAT delivered! OK no operating system but that only takes a couple of minutes. Does everything it says on the box at a decent speed - I wouldn't push it with any really heavy work. HDMI port a plus - I had to contact them to establish it had one as it doesn't appear on any spec I could find. Only small problem - the fan is very noisy when in use - fortunately goes to sleep quickly when not used.
on 14 December 2014
Bought to replace an expired Compaq Presario unit. Eventually arrived after chasing the courier via Amazon! Unit is spot on. No idea why some people think the fan is noisy - this is one of the quietest computers I have ever owned! Quickly installed Windows 7 and had the system working in no time. Needed a few driver updates particularly to get the on-board graphics working properly. Very pleased.
on 18 February 2014
I was looking for a PC for both work and occasional gaming and this was a great buy, for such a low value it plays most games on medium settings with no problem and can multitask easily and was quick and easy to set up. If you're looking for a cheap PC for gaming and work then look no further. It does however come with no OS, so I suggest going to [...]