4.0 out of 5 stars Runs well and great value
Great price if you already have the OS. Most new PCs come with the awful windows 8, so being able to pick your own OS is a bonus. Good spec with plenty of hard drive space and Ram. Would definitely recommend it for all regular computing requirements. No good for the gamers out there, but they wouldn't buy one anyway!
Published 9 months ago by alinspain

3.0 out of 5 stars Check the specs
Whilst I agree, that the non-OS price, is very good value, please note, that, when you select the options to, have a pre-loaded OS, the specs change.

Processor A6 -> A10
Disk 500 GB -> 2 TB
Memory 4 GB -> 12 GB

So the difference in price, is not all, down to the cost, of the OS.

Also there doesn't seem to be an option, to...
Published 8 months ago by John McQue

4.0 out of 5 stars Runs well and great value, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Zoostorm 7877-1034 PC (AMD A6-5400K Processor, 500GB SATA HDD, 4GB DDR3, DVDRW, No Operating System) (Personal Computers)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price for a great PC, 8 Dec 2013
Delighted with PC. Bought to replace a 10 year old desktop used mainly for internet YouTube, word processing and music.
HDMI connection to my monitor's DVI-I connection and the picture quality is EXCELLENT!
I have a laptop I use for more power hungry applications, so can't comment on video editing etc' on it.

One minor problem was it would not boot from the Windows 7 OS (no OS on this particular PC).
Changed boot order to DVD/CD Drive 1st and was up and running without any problems. Updated Windows and that was that.
Driver disc provided with PC. Inserted it in DVD/CD drive and that was sorted in a few minutes.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Value PC for Everyday Tasks, 29 April 2014
Very noisy when first fired up but easily fixed by settings in the BIOS screen: Settings page - Advanced page- Hardware Monitor page.

I set the target CPU temperature to 50C and the minimum fan speed to 12.5%. I also set it to 'Eco' mode. The PC is now almost silent.

I would recommend this PC for anyone reasonably familiar with setting up computers and installing their own operating systems.

5.0 out of 5 stars Upgrade from a 8 year old Dell P4 running XP, 16 April 2014
Fantastic. I can't even compare how much of an upgrade this computer is from my old "computer"..
Having loaded Windows 7 (purchased separately from an auction site), and spending just a little bit of time updating all the drivers with the enclosed CD, I can now honestly say this PC has made using a computer enjoyable again.
I'm not a 'gamer' but I do photo editing which is handled with ease, as is streaming HD video, thanks to the more-than-capable video card.
When the unit arrived, the fan was noisy but don't let this put you off; it is really easy to turn down in the BIOS settings at startup.
For 180 quid (plus the cost of a Win7 disk) this computer has to be my bargain of the year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Proving good, 15 Mar 2014
I'm not able to rate this really as I don't understand technology, but my son ordered this for me and so far it's living up to its expectations.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible value, 30 Aug 2013
Decent PC (that's all I wanted) at 166 ex VAT delivered! OK no operating system but that only takes a couple of minutes. Does everything it says on the box at a decent speed - I wouldn't push it with any really heavy work. HDMI port a plus - I had to contact them to establish it had one as it doesn't appear on any spec I could find. Only small problem - the fan is very noisy when in use - fortunately goes to sleep quickly when not used.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic machine with great support!, 11 Feb 2014
I chose this machine because I needed performance on a limited budget; this machine more than lives up to my our needs. I already owned a copy of the Windows OS and installation was simple. I initially found the CPU fan very noisy and read that others found the same problem; a quick email to Zoostorm support sorted the fan problem out straight away - all that was needed was to enable an option in the BIOS menu and now this machine is the quietest I have ever owned - quick too! I would definitely recommend this machine and will use this company again.

5.0 out of 5 stars wow!, 9 May 2014
Totally won over by this gem of a computer. Terrific value for money, all you need in this package & much cheaper than on the street deals. It performs really well, I have no complaints & highly recomend it

3.0 out of 5 stars Check the specs, 23 Oct 2013
John McQue (Scotland) - See all my reviews

Processor A6 -> A10
Disk 500 GB -> 2 TB
Memory 4 GB -> 12 GB

So the difference in price, is not all, down to the cost, of the OS.

Also there doesn't seem to be an option, to order the higher spec hardware, without the OS, which is a pity.

We were ordering a replacement PC for a charity & planning to obtain the OS & MS Office etc, from one of the registered charity, software discount sites, like [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars Zoostorm 7877-1034, 18 May 2014
Roger Godsmark "The old Englishman" (Mazamet, France) - See all my reviews
Living in the south of France, I bought this pc to hook-up to our tv to receive programs via the web because we lost all English tv when the satellite coverage was changed.
I loaded it with Linux Mint 14 (free) and it has performed exceptionally well. I would recommend this computer to anyone wishing to load any operating system of their choice.
It arrived from the UK to France on time and undamaged. Very good value for money.