5.0 out of 5 stars superb value for money
Arrived the next day along with the monitor.

Installation of windoze 7 was a breeze, as was the installation of a wireless card.
Note, you need a PCI-e wireless card as there is only inbuilt LAN

All my favourite software went on quickly and efficiently.

Published 10 months ago by Dr. Michael J. Johnson

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame it was missing the mouse and power lead
I've purchased a number of these machines, mainly with the OS, but the customer has a retailed box product license already so silly to pay for another.
Published 7 months ago by Webby

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars superb value for money, 17 Oct 2013
Arrived the next day along with the monitor.

Note, you need a PCI-e wireless card as there is only inbuilt LAN

All my favourite software went on quickly and efficiently.

It has a DVI out , so if you have a digital input on your monitor you can get true hi def pics.

On board grafix are excellent.

The 2tb drive is a real boon .

On the whole , really chuffed.
You could hardly buy the components for this price.
There is no case fan, but there is a MTB fan and a micro atx motherboard with lots of case space so overheating isnt going to be an issue.
Nearly silent, which for a bedroom machine is a boon.

Great machine , perfect for home office use, video, music and web surfing.
I`m sure non graphics intensive games would be fine, but really if that`s what you want look elsewhere.
For most users, this is all you ever need - of course you need some experience in software installation and need to be happy to install any additional PC cards if needed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent PC, 8 Sep 2013
This review is from: Zoostorm 7877-1031 PC (Intel Core i3-3240 3.40GHz Processor, 4GB DDR3, 500GB SATA HDD, DVDRW, No OS) (Personal Computers)
I am pleased with this product, I wanted a PC with no O/S so that I can buy my own copy of Windows 8. I didn't have any problem to install the OS and it is running well at present, so far so good! The Mouse and Keyboards are very good too. I don't know about Zoostorm's warranty service etc so I can't comment on it. I had slight delivery issue with CityLink but it was resolved in the end.

3.0 out of 5 stars Shame it was missing the mouse and power lead, 23 Jan 2014
Machine is not a bad entry level PC. I3 processor is quick enough (about 40 seconds from power on to login on Windows 7), 4GB RAM is enough for most business apps too, and it has the Gigabyte motherboard with onboard HD 4000 graphics.
When opening it has a label saying "contents checked", which appears to be there because it looks good, not because anyone checked the contents of the box.
This one has come without the mouse or the power lead, although the keyboard is present. If I could be bother to chase up about it, I would, but the keyboards and mice aren't exactly cutting edge (same as the cheap free DELL ones), so it's not really a loss.
Worth buying if you need a PC on a budget, especially if you have an OS or are planning on going LINUX.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, but as ever you get what you pay for, 28 April 2014
R. Beedall (Ireland) - See all my reviews
I purchased the i3 model for my children to do home work, browse the internet and play on-line games.

It's a basic micro tower PC, built using standard components and of modest build quality. Sells for about the same as I could build from components myself, but I wanted the assurance that everything should work when turned the power on. I then immediately upgraded from the integrated graphics by adding a low end PCI-E graphics card (26), I also added a wi-fi card (12). Reliable use of a more powerful graphics card will probably require replacement of the 300W power supply.

Comes with a wired, USB, keyboard and mouse. These went straight in to the bin and I've added a wireless combo for another 20.

Disappointingly the Gigabyte mother board (GA-H61M-DS2 - an early revision level with 2 awkwardly placed SATA connectors) doesn't provide any USB 3.0 ports, or offer SATA 6 Gb/s support for fast hard disks. These features have now become common even on many other similarly cheap (<40) boards. I want to backup to a USB 3.0 external disk, so will have to try to squeeze a USB 3.0 PCI card in to the last free slot.

There's no air filter and I suspect the inside of the case will quickly become a dust trap.

I had trouble installing loading Windows 7, finally discovered that in the BIOS setup there is a setting for OS type, which I had to change from "Windows 8" to "other OS".

Overall I've paid about 300 (excluding an OS licence which I already had) for a system similar in speed to a high end system that cost me 1000 four years ago.

If I get 3 years use out of the Zoostorm, I will consider that good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great value but beware of OS setting in BIOS, 30 Nov 2013
It is what it is, a desktop PC! The case looks ok, like many others. It works well and I think for the money the specs are fab. I did double up the memory to 8GB though.

Initially I couldn't install windows 7. I was about to return it when I found the Operating System setting in the BIOS. It was set to windows 8. I changed to 'other' and it has worked flawlessly since.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Value I3 PC, 14 Feb 2014
Peter Rollason "pdrolo" (Europe) - See all my reviews
Arrived quickly well packaged. I had purchased an 8.1 OEM DVD separately. I am quite an advanced computer user – but the set up with an windows 8.1 is a simple as it gets – you put in the DVD and follow the on screen prompts – don’t let the fact this has no operating system put you off – its really easy, plus you then have the security of 8.1 DVD should you need to do troubleshooting or use it a boot disk.
The system tower is neat and pretty small – it has DVI and VGA outputs to your monitor. No HDMI output though. I have not opened the case yet – but it has blanking plates so suspect there is scope to upgrade the graphics card if you wish – Beware – that isn’t the case with all PC’S in this price range.
I didn’t need and haven’t used the supplied drivers disk – it does say something about bundled Norton anti virus – but always use Avast free anti virus – which worked fine.
Its blindingly fast – good graphics – and good sound & Intel Processor – with the win 8.1 dvd this cost me just over 320 – given the spec and the fact you have the luxury of an 8.1 DVD its really hard to beat.

My only minor gripe is that it doesn't have an SD card reader - but these are pretty cheap to buy...

5.0 out of 5 stars WOW A++++, 29 Jan 2014
well where do i start

well i order this on firday 24th jan and i got it by 10am on the 25th of jan now that is mint A++
so after i got it i opened it up to have a look and put my Nvidia GeForce GT 640 in it now was worried a bit cos it not a full size computer tower but this one is very nice and a great size and my beast on t card went in no problems and looking at the other parts on this computer are mint you get everything you should with a very nice well put togther computer and at under 250 pounds it is very good and if you looking 4 a new computer this is a very good start and easy to upgrade if you want as well

the computer runs windows 7 ultimate full no problems at all and when running most od the time you world not know then computer is on no real noise which is always nice, it is fast easy to set up and everything you will really need if youe into games them you mite wanna get a graphices card in it like i have but if your not a game player then is it is will do you very well

all in all i am very happy with this computer and at the cost of it it is very nice with room to upgrade if you wanna so you can just make it better and better

5 stars from me A++++

4.0 out of 5 stars A new pc, 8 Jan 2014
I wanted a new pc and did not want to be pushed onto windows 8 so this was the answer.

When the m/c arrived (well packed) I found the keyboard did not work.A replacement is on its way maybe a quick check before packing would avoid this problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for home office, 3 Nov 2013
Quite good and fast enough for my needs, but if you want anything other than Windows 8 then you've got your first stumbling block. I'm OK at putting together self-builds, but didn't expect to go delving into the BIOS straight out of the box just to stop it accepting anything other than Windows 8. This was sorted via 2 lengthy premium rate calls to a very busy Zoostorm Customer Service. Next surprise was the measly 250w PSU which will need to be changed to something meatier if you're planning any upgrades. The only fan as far as I can see is the CPU fan which appears to be doing it's job (30c) according to installed SpeedFan, which also shows the chassis temp as 125c, so my first thing to do is get another fan, at least to get the warm air out. Overall, and after a bit of tinkering, I am very happy with it ...especially the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quietest PC I have ever known, 30 Nov 2013
This is superb. Almost silent owing to lack of unnecessary fans and a good price. Bought an OEM Windows 7 and everything runs well. The good little keyboard and mouse was a bonus. I had a problem with boot order for Windows 7 installation but the helpline solved it. I was also very impressed that they emailed me as few days later to ask if all was OK with my new machine. Very impressive all round.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›