on 17 October 2013
Arrived the next day along with the monitor.

Installation of windoze 7 was a breeze, as was the installation of a wireless card.
Note, you need a PCI-e wireless card as there is only inbuilt LAN

All my favourite software went on quickly and efficiently.

It has a DVI out , so if you have a digital input on your monitor you can get true hi def pics.

On board grafix are excellent.

The 2tb drive is a real boon .

On the whole , really chuffed.
You could hardly buy the components for this price.
There is no case fan, but there is a MTB fan and a micro atx motherboard with lots of case space so overheating isnt going to be an issue.
Nearly silent, which for a bedroom machine is a boon.

Great machine , perfect for home office use, video, music and web surfing.
I`m sure non graphics intensive games would be fine, but really if that`s what you want look elsewhere.
For most users, this is all you ever need - of course you need some experience in software installation and need to be happy to install any additional PC cards if needed.
on 8 September 2013
I am pleased with this product, I wanted a PC with no O/S so that I can buy my own copy of Windows 8. I didn't have any problem to install the OS and it is running well at present, so far so good! The Mouse and Keyboards are very good too. I don't know about Zoostorm's warranty service etc so I can't comment on it. I had slight delivery issue with CityLink but it was resolved in the end.
on 13 June 2014
Build quality and components used where what I expected for a budget system, however if you do have a problem the customer support from Zoostorm makes you jump through hopes to actually get anything resolved. They have a charging scheme for failed collection and returns, further charges if they don’t find a fault and insist on email verification for their additional costs and charges.
Collections and Delivery are limited and the support team do not actually answer an email without an automated pre-population email response.

When they did finally replace the board, they sent the desktop back damage and passed any blame to the courier even thou the external packaging was undamaged.

An ok system but God helps you if there is ever a problem.....
on 30 November 2013
It is what it is, a desktop PC! The case looks ok, like many others. It works well and I think for the money the specs are fab. I did double up the memory to 8GB though.

Initially I couldn't install windows 7. I was about to return it when I found the Operating System setting in the BIOS. It was set to windows 8. I changed to 'other' and it has worked flawlessly since.
on 5 July 2014
Whilst the specifications of this machine are nothing special, they certainly aren't bad; the machine is no slouch when benchmarked. Actually, with the notable exception of onboard Wi-Fi, the Zoomstorm has everything I wanted. I'm not a fan of frills and spills, and I was perfectly happy to provide my own operating system.

The machine comes complete as new, with keyboard and mouse, all cables and everything properly packaged. A quick glance inside the case showed me that the construction of the machine is first-class; better than I've seen on Dell and HP offerings. All cables are well laid out, no trailing loose ends.

When I installed Windows 8.1 Professional, everything went perfectly. If I have a criticism to make, it's the slightly higher than expected fan noise, although that's being incredibly picky.

The two things which really stand out for me on this machine are the video adapter and the onboard sound. When hooked up to my HD Flat Panel monitor, with the resolution turned right up in the Windows control panel, the video production is simply stunning. The audio side of things is also truly excellent. Front and rear-mounted audio I/O, along with a Parallel port on the back and 6 USB 2.0 access ports gives you lots of I/O.

USB3.0 would have been a nice addition, and set beside my Mac Pro with Thunderbolt 2, data transfers positively crawl! But that isn't really a problem, I knew what I was guying before I placed my order.

Conclusion:

This machine isn't exactly high-end in most respects. However, it makes a more than acceptable workhorse and would be ideal for everyday use in most home or office situations where price is important and the need for speed isn't crucial.

I'll be buying another of these shortly although this tie I'll probably go for the next model up with is 8GB RAM and 1TB SATA HD.
on 11 May 2014
Because my knowledge of computors is limited, when I had set the computer up and switched on and tried to load the disc provided, because of the lack of simple instructions I was at a complete loss as to know how to proceed. The only booklet provided was instuctions on how to construct the computer if you purchased it in kit form. Their was a telephone number for Zoostorm service department, which I rang, the service operator i spoke to was was quite off putting because it was obvious to him that i was not a computer technican, after he put me on hold for quite a few minutes which I found extremely rude, he did eventually tell me what I needed to do. Apart from that i am very pleased with my purchase.
on 29 January 2014
well where do i start

well i order this on firday 24th jan and i got it by 10am on the 25th of jan now that is mint A++
so after i got it i opened it up to have a look and put my Nvidia GeForce GT 640 in it now was worried a bit cos it not a full size computer tower but this one is very nice and a great size and my beast on t card went in no problems and looking at the other parts on this computer are mint you get everything you should with a very nice well put togther computer and at under 250 pounds it is very good and if you looking 4 a new computer this is a very good start and easy to upgrade if you want as well

the computer runs windows 7 ultimate full no problems at all and when running most od the time you world not know then computer is on no real noise which is always nice, it is fast easy to set up and everything you will really need if youe into games them you mite wanna get a graphices card in it like i have but if your not a game player then is it is will do you very well

all in all i am very happy with this computer and at the cost of it it is very nice with room to upgrade if you wanna so you can just make it better and better

5 stars from me A++++
on 23 January 2014
I've purchased a number of these machines, mainly with the OS, but the customer has a retailed box product license already so silly to pay for another.
Machine is not a bad entry level PC. I3 processor is quick enough (about 40 seconds from power on to login on Windows 7), 4GB RAM is enough for most business apps too, and it has the Gigabyte motherboard with onboard HD 4000 graphics.
When opening it has a label saying "contents checked", which appears to be there because it looks good, not because anyone checked the contents of the box.
This one has come without the mouse or the power lead, although the keyboard is present. If I could be bother to chase up about it, I would, but the keyboards and mice aren't exactly cutting edge (same as the cheap free DELL ones), so it's not really a loss.
Worth buying if you need a PC on a budget, especially if you have an OS or are planning on going LINUX.
on 8 January 2014
I wanted a new pc and did not want to be pushed onto windows 8 so this was the answer.

When the m/c arrived (well packed) I found the keyboard did not work.A replacement is on its way maybe a quick check before packing would avoid this problem.
on 3 November 2013
Quite good and fast enough for my needs, but if you want anything other than Windows 8 then you've got your first stumbling block. I'm OK at putting together self-builds, but didn't expect to go delving into the BIOS straight out of the box just to stop it accepting anything other than Windows 8. This was sorted via 2 lengthy premium rate calls to a very busy Zoostorm Customer Service. Next surprise was the measly 250w PSU which will need to be changed to something meatier if you're planning any upgrades. The only fan as far as I can see is the CPU fan which appears to be doing it's job (30c) according to installed SpeedFan, which also shows the chassis temp as 125c, so my first thing to do is get another fan, at least to get the warm air out. Overall, and after a bit of tinkering, I am very happy with it ...especially the price.