5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best.
Published 11 months ago by Mr. Mark Gowans

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use if you are a PC user
Published 8 days ago by The guy in London

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best., 29 Sep 2013
Mr. Mark Gowans (Dundee, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PagePlus X7 (PC) (CD-ROM)
I've been looking for a good Desktop Publishing program for quite some time. I did consider Microsoft Publisher but was put off by the price. I also had a good read of the reviews for this product and realised that its just as powerful (if not more so) than the Microsoft version but available for a fraction of the price. I ordered this from Amazon and got it for 44.99 which is 48.73 cheaper than Publisher 2013 and a whopping 85 cheaper than the older Publisher 2010 which is still available from Amazon. I do however have two problems with Serif's product though. Firstly it would have been nice if there were a proper user manual included instead of a 14 page quick start guide although this guide will have you producing great publications in no time at all. A PDF version of the manual is available to download but I think a hard copy would have been better. The second problem is a lot more serious and it concerns the Serif's after sales team. Once you register they just wont leave you alone and are always on the phone wanting you to either upgrade or try other products. My advice would be if you register this great product than use a fake phone number if you dont want hassled non-stop by calls from these guys. Definitely a 5 star product though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Impressed, 4 Jan 2014
Mr. D. Ash "Literatus" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PagePlus X7 (PC) (CD-ROM)
On taking over from the editor of a small, local magazine, one of my first tasks was to visit the print shop and talk to them about the format in which they wanted it delivered for printing. I quickly discovered that the software (Publisher) which my predecessor had been using had been causing them endless problems for years, mainly because of issues to do with missing fonts and Publisher's inability to output documents in the industry's preferred format, PDF X-1A. It was clear that a change of software was needed, but I didn't have much time to learn a complicated new system, funds were limited and my first deadline was approaching.

Serif PagePlus X7 has been the answer. Its key feature, for me, is that it can output copy in PDF X-1A very easily without my having to buy Adobe's very expensive Acrobat Professional. It is very intuitive: I taught myself how to use it in a day. And the more I have used it, the more impressed I have been with its range of features. There is nothing which I, as a non-professional editor, would want to be able to do that the software can't handle, and now that I'm getting the hang of it, it's a real pleasure to use. It gives me much more control over text and images than Publisher did and I've learned a lot about how to lay out a publication by following its help files. I can output the magazine to a PDF file and send it off for printing without worrying about whether the print shop has all of the 12 fonts I want to use installed on its system: fonts are embedded in X-1A files by default. It also offers some features I am looking forward to trying, including e-book publication, which opens up the possibility of publishing online.

Most importantly, it's reasonably priced, particularly since Adobe's professional alternatives can now only be rented online rather than bought outright. In short, I'm very impressed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value for money product, 28 Oct 2013
Mr. D. J. MacLeod "dj macleod" (Coventry UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PagePlus X7 (PC) (CD-ROM)
This is easy to use and a lot of DTP software for the money. Although I am a beginner I managed to produce some reasonable quality flyers and I have so much more to learn about this product. Lots of reasonably priced add ons are available should you want/need them. Also lots of tutorials and online help available.
Serif have impressed me with this offering. Would appeal to SME and keen amateur users I would say.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another triumph from Serif, 9 Oct 2013
This review is from: PagePlus X7 (PC) (CD-ROM)
I've been using Serif products for many years now and decided to upgrade from pageplus x6 to this latest version x7 to take advantage of the new 64bit engine as I've just upgraded my PC.

All tasks are now much smoother and faster than the previous edition, the software also seems very stable.

I especially like the new ebook feature additions, with all popular file formats now recognised.

Overall a great product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: PagePlus X7 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Fantastic software. In my opinion it's not as good as Quark and photoshop but far, far better than Publisher. Excellent value for money. Have already recommended.

1.0 out of 5 stars Difficult to use if you are a PC user, 19 Aug 2014
This review is from: PagePlus X7 (PC) (CD-ROM)
This is so un-Microsoft it is impossible to use if you used to PC's. Try changing the margins on all the pages is not intuitive. Changing the font colour is not intuitive. I can't work out how to add a detailed table of contents or references. It cannot copy documents from Word 2010 perfectly without messing things up. You need to copy and paste the Word document directly into the product for it to work.

It doesn't have many formats for ebooks, I forget, I think it is just epub, so useless if you want to send to Kindle.

A frustrating piece of software with a useless manual that tells you nothing. I have no idea why people give it good review, unless they are former Mac users. It is also really slow on a decent PC when adding or removing pages from large documents.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 July 2014
As good as Microsoft publisher

5.0 out of 5 stars Best version yet, 2 July 2014
This review is from: PagePlus X7 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Far better than the X2 version that I was using, more stable, quicker and easier to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Has its complexities but is interesting to use. Gives ..., 29 Jun 2014
Eric Robinson (Granada Spain) - See all my reviews
This review is from: PagePlus X7 (PC) (CD-ROM)
Has its complexities but is interesting to use. Gives Publisher a run for its money and wins hands down for the price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Successfully produced a newsletter using this program, 5 Jun 2014
J. M. Boxall - See all my reviews
This review is from: PagePlus X7 (PC) (CD-ROM)
I had never produced a publication before so was pleased to be able to provide our art club with an acceptable newsletter containing photographs and headed with the club logo in colour. A black and white version was sent to the local printers for general distribution and a colour copy to send to members via e-mail. Quite easy to use even for a 70+ like me.