5.0 out of 5 stars super fast delivery
Published on 18 Nov. 2011 by Jcw1966

3.0 out of 5 stars It's ok
A little fiddly to cut and use, I have used pieces of tea bag to the same effect to be honest. This does give a smoother finish. I have used in conjunction with the Resin, but that leaves a very rough finish. I am wary of "Sanding" down the nail too much with the sanding block. A set of instructions would be useful
Published on 11 April 2013 by zeezee

5.0 out of 5 stars super fast delivery, 18 Nov. 2011
ordered Wednesday PM arrived Friday AM at no extra cost! I was glad it arrived so soon as i broke a nail that morning ,needless to say i used it straight away! FAB I have never used anything like this before,i guarantee i will carry it on me everywhere i go,i also bought a small bottle of resin to stick the silk in place. I put a small piece of silk over the break and applied a little resin,repeated the process then filed the resin slightly once it was dry, making sure it was smooth enough to varnish my nail without there being any sign of the mend....PERFECT,cant believe ive gone all these years snipping the broken nail off and starting the growing process all over again..nightmare when all your other nails are perfect!...WHY DID NO ONE EVER TELL ME ABOUT THIS PRODUCT SOME TIME IN THE 45 YEARS I'VE LIVED!!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 27 April 2011
Excellent product, strong, will repair a complete break or just strengthen a weak nail. For a complete break I use 3 layers placed in slightly different positions.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommend so far - got product last week and nail repair still strong, 15 Sept. 2013
I bought this product with 'the edge brush on resin for silk 6g' and received it last week to repair a damaged nail that had spit half way across!!! Ahhh ...disaster for a anyone whose knows what it's like when our nails are long and that happens. I applied the product and really pleased, it did break again but not on the same place so removed first repair and repaired again and it feels really stong now its repaired with 2 layers of silk.Although my first attempt is a little bumpy , I have since split another 2 nails ( not quite so badly) and each time I do the repairs my technique is improving so repairs now don't even show!! Would definitely recommend this product,, and as one of the other reviewers said why hasn't someone told me about the before!!
I've been telling my "long nail" friends so we can all enjoy it.... Rather than when the nails start to break having stupid looking hands with some short and some long nails which looks especially silly when I do a French manicure.
Regards to application of product my first attempt was bumpy as I may have applied too many coats of the resin... As my nail was split half way I wanted to make sure it would work. Maybe one coat of resin would be enough as one coat makes a much smoother "invisible" repair.
The only downside I have experienced is that my nail polish doesn't quite like the resin - so am still experimenting with this etc. but again this maybe because I applied too much resin.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really helpful, 17 Jan. 2014
This review is from: The Edge Nails Silk Nail Strip 18inch (Personal Care)
As an emergency repair this is perfect. Small enough to fit in your handbag, together with the resin. Easy to use. The product allows your natural nail to grow normally.

If you polish the resin smoothly once dry, then apply normal coats of polish on top of the silk strip it becomes invisible. Far, far cheaper than an emergency visit to the manicurist and really convenient. I fully recommend this product, I've owned some for a month or two and used it myself to repair some nails that had been damaged by an incompetent manicurist in a salon.

Top tip - you need really really sharp scissors to cut the strip to shape. Apply the strip with tweezers to really clean nails, swabbed with acetone or alcohol to remove any oil before application. Apply the resin, and allow to harden. File to shape along the nail edge and then polish smooth with a professional file.

Do not pull the product from your nail once dry or it becomes loose. Remove it by filing and polishing.

5.0 out of 5 stars nail it, 3 Nov. 2011
Good stuff I managed to keep my nails going for two weeks for an important date after three of my long nails broke or cracked.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect to patch a break!, 3 Oct. 2011
A. Douglas (UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This works well on a snagged split nail. All I did was cut a strip to the size I want. Be careful though and use really sharp scissors as the silk will snag a bit and comes off the backing easily. I then placed on the nail and used 'the edge resin brush bottle' on top. It will leave the nail slightly rough but just buff it and it will smooth out without coming off.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nail repair Miracle, 13 Aug. 2013
Wish I'd tried this along with the brush on resin before! was amazed with the results and it lasted, for 6 weeks, would have lasted longer, but my nail was long enough by then to cut the snapped part off! Definately be using this again!

5.0 out of 5 stars magic mend, 16 May 2011
my nails are 1 inch long,sometimes they get a bit bendy,then theres a crack,a piece of this placed over a clean nail a touch of glue,trim when dry,usual polish done,at first i thought ,you don't get a lot for your money...really good value

5.0 out of 5 stars TALON SAVER, 21 Nov. 2012
Brilliant! I've been looking for a modern equivalent of a dwindling piece of silk wrap from the '80s, and all the products I tried to date fell well short for repairing my natural nails
I've restored a broken nail perfectly (and used correctly, the finish is not at all thick - barely noticeable in fact - I could use a clear varnish if I wanted and get away with it)
Now to see how long the wrapped nail lasts before needing attention again as it grows out, a tall order with all the laundry, washing up, cleaning and DIY I do without using gloves
Use with a good resinThe Edge Brush on Resin 6g - 2002002

4.0 out of 5 stars A real nail saver, 7 July 2013
Kim Andrews "bykimbo" (Mevagissey, Cornwall) - See all my reviews
A customer recommended 'nail plasters' and a bit of research led me to this product. It is proving highly effective so far. I checked the method on YouTube since it didn't come with instructions. Had I checked sooner I might have bought some extra bits to use with it but I managed okay with what was in the house. If you want a really smooth finish do your homework first!

The Edge Nails Silk Nail Strip 18inch