on 8 March 2014
This is a decently made medium sized glove set and came with a fairly speedy delivery compared to other orders I have made on Amazon that are shipped from China, which can take 28 days or more; The product feels like it shall protect well from slice cuts - I bought this for primarily for general kitchen use but especially for mandolines and for carving roast joints. The chain glove itself is quite light and I can still bunch a fist to grip with with both inner cotton and outer stainless steel gloves on one hand. It doesn't feel much different or more restrictive than woven kevlar kitchen glove to wear,yet provides extra protection. Personally I use the chain glove on my hand exposed to the blades and my kevlar glove for my hand working the blade. My particular glove came with a nice yellow snap popper strap,which I found I had to loosen to its longest length to clip together. All-in-all very satisfied. Many thanks to JIAFU for a good deal and efficient service.
on 15 September 2015
I thought that this was a chain-mail type glove - it isn't.

It comes with 2 gloves. An inner cotton, liner glove and an outer 'metallic' glove. I thought, when I purchased this that the outer glove was metal. Like hard, chain-mail, heavy; metal. However, it's a light, flexible, woven steel wool looking 'fabric'. I'm not really sure how much protection that this will offer from a meat cleaver.

Once you put the liner and outer gloves on it's a snug fit for medium size hands. The adjustable wristband clicks into pop studs and away you go. Just be aware that the outer is a woven steel fabric, not quite what I was expecting from the picture.

On the pro side: It's much lighter than chain mail. On the Con side: I would have thought a proper chain mail glove would offer more protection from hacking. This is probably just for scratch and stab protection. For this type of glove there are much cheaper alternative on Amazon. They may not come with a cotton liner but these cut resistant glove are readily available cheaper. I only got this thinking it was tougher than the others. So, maybe shop around.

It comes in it's own bag with a zip lock and a Chinese sticker. Quite good all in all.
on 9 January 2014
Bought for my wife after she cut herself quite badly with a ceramic knife. A little more cumbersome than bare hand, but much safer. Only 'complaint' is that the cotton inner glove is very small. Will not fit me, although only one size is available, (hence a star less). However, there is more sense of feeling without it, so not a great problem.
on 11 August 2014
The fingers of my left hand don't behave too well, so cutting up food is hazardous for me. The glove is not too stiff or clumsy, and does prevent cuts - so my problem is solved and I can work with sharp knives confidently.
on 25 August 2015
The glove is OK, but small for my hand which is not overly large. I can use it with the inner glove for about half an hour, but then my hand starts to cramp with the tightness. I'm also unsure whether it would stop a stabbing cut ( which is why I bought it) which happens with wood carving occasionally, as the mesh is quite open and the knives are pointed and very sharp. Using it to protect from meat cutting would work well, but so do lots of other gloves on a downward slice.
All in all, 3 stars only.
on 8 October 2014
Bought this for my husband after the second episode of slicing his thumb whilst chopping food. So far so goo and all fingers and thumbs still in situ. The gloves do take a bit of getting used to at first, however, it didn't take long and is a much safer option than accidental amputation!
on 14 May 2015
Fits like a glove :)
My hand is 5 inches wide and 7 inches from wrist to end middle finger.
If you have a bigger hand, then you will need a bigger size!
However, this is perfect for me, and does the job, so 5 stars from me
for product and price.
on 16 February 2015
Every cook should have one of these. Coupled with a good quality boning knife they enable you to debone meat and fish with confidence. The stainless steel wire they are made from is stranded and there was a concern that the odd strand sticking out may break off onto the food but that has so far been unfounded. It is still worth a careful inspection after cutting. Our local butcher has one made from solid steel wire which is better but much more expensive.

There are no washing instructions. Wash them in hot soapy water about 50 c and then rinse in hotter water 80 c. Allow to dry thoroughly before putting away. If you have meat or fish to debone- buy one.

Sent from China and received very quickly
on 30 March 2016
Don't even think about carving up without this. If that knife can get through that meat, what will it do to your hand? Trust me you need this until you've worked out your routine, but even then ........ To save on the lengthy cleaning and improve grip, I wear a vinyl food glove over the top as well.
on 23 September 2014
It is cheap quality and not fit for purpose